• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, sounds like this might add a year to the cycle. So IJ3 in 3 years and MK12 in 5. Would make it pretty likely MK11 gets extra kombat packs. But this is also wishful thinking on my part so I get the characters I want.
I have a hard time believing they will stick to the current tick-tock schedule of MK then IJ. Boon has stated more than in any other press cycle he wants to do other kinds of games, and at the very least they are thinking about doing a crossover as their next game given that twitter poll Boon put up a while ago. I'm thinking next game is a cross over, the one after that is not a fighting game, and then the next one would be MK12. I really don't think IJ3 is happening.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Then why have the third character at all? Why not make it tag team of 2 and why make the third stage at all if you're making it impossib;e?
Let's say the oppononet has a sliver of health left by the third round and whoever is left finds an opportunity to land a hit or to chip him out. Having the chance for it is a good thing. The fight should be approached knowing you have two rounds to beat it though.

I can also see this being cheesed with teleport characters exactly how Shao Khan was cheesed in MK9 with Raiden and Kung Lao.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had any crashes or kicks on Xbox during online matches or tower runs yet. Hoping it stays that way.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Not had any crashes yet, just some server disconnects on online matches, but they have been pretty rare.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The tutorial gives you some sick skins for completing it for each character.
S5BnI3b.jpg

JFzPPYn.jpg

T7lCNVa.jpg

cXQrkto.jpg

I don't remember where I got that Jade mask from.

Also, this felt really fun to do

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I've noticed that when some of the characters cuss in a match it's bleeped? Seems odd, not sure if that's the way it is with all versions.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
That does seem strange. Maybe you have some type of profanity setting checked on your console?
Yeah, I don't have anything like that on. There's nothing in the options about it either, I'm sure. I guess it might be for when the game is broadcasted live with tournaments and such. But then it would have been nice to have an option to turn it off.

Are there a good amount of skins in this gams?
Most seem to have 5 different styles and a whole bunch of colour variants for each style. I'd say it's pretty decent.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't have anything like that on. There's nothing in the options about it either, I'm sure. I guess it might be for when the game is broadcasted live with tournaments and such. But then it would have been nice to have an option to turn it off.

That's going to become a problem real fast with Johnny ...

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
That Sub Zero stage 3 lmao. How tf are you supposed to do anything? He also got his fatal blow back somehow.

I finished it with a friend last night. From what I understand, the modifiers aren't randomised as we quit out and went back in and they were the same.

Just clever use of the modifiers and assists makes the fight a breeze. When the hale storm starts if you give your character armour it becomes a cake walk.

It's daunting at first but when you stop to think about your approach it's honestly not that bad.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
I finished it with a friend last night. From what I understand, the modifiers aren't randomised as we quit out and went back in and they were the same.

Just clever use of the modifiers and assists makes the fight a breeze. When the hale storm starts if you give your character armour it becomes a cake walk.

It's daunting at first but when you stop to think about your approach it's honestly not that bad.
I hate the idea of consumables and augments in a fighting game, but it's nice to hear there's a solution at least.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017

Question, how do you activate the consumables mid match?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah but see we went from "omg worst game ever unplayable fuckin scam microtransaction heaven" to "hey let's team up with friends or people from forums / discord and let's try to find solutions to beat bosses online !" .

:/

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ooo that frost fatality and fatal blow. Best buy shipped my copy today, might be a chance I get it tomorrow.

Deleted member 34388

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 26, 2017
So a guy on the mortalkombatleaks subreddit found this in the already leaked switch stuff
xpzauj3ovnt21.jpg

With any luck this might mean havik is going to be DLC and they decided to remove his assist for that? Has anyone found his assist ingame?

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I hate the idea of consumables and augments in a fighting game, but it's nice to hear there's a solution at least.

The consumables in this particular battle are given to you, you don't have to buy them or use them from your own inventory. I assume each of these boss battles is designed with those consumables in mind.

Question, how do you activate the consumables mid match?

If you zoom out into theater mode, you'll see the three icons and a button on each. Just press them basically.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
The consumables in this particular battle are given to you, you don't have to buy them or use them from your own inventory. I assume each of these boss battles is designed with those consumables in mind.

If you zoom out into theater mode, you'll see the three icons and a button on each. Just press them basically.

Is this 100% confirmed or just speculation? The only reason I ask is because the guy who posted the Subzero tag boss fight specifically told me there were no consumables usable for that fight .

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So a guy on the mortalkombatleaks subreddit found this in the already leaked switch stuff
xpzauj3ovnt21.jpg

With any luck this might mean havik is going to be DLC and they decided to remove his assist for that? Has anyone found his assist ingame?

So does this basically confirm all of these characters save for the removed one aren't going to be on the roster? These all smell like death sentences when you've been shoved into assist territory.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
These all smell like death sentences when you've been shoved into assist territory.

tenor.gif

Getting Vietnam flashbacks.

Th-there's always hope. Just gotta fight hard for your character.

I feel like Mileena had a shot but the behavior that her fans showed (insulting the devs etc...) probably killed that.

Kitana having her moves wasn't a death sentence, there are a lot of characters that share attacks in the game. But lack of respect and acting like impatient kids... yeah...

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
xpzauj3ovnt21.jpg

About Havik's...

The dream is alive.

Last edited:

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
So, does anyone know if unlocking Kitana's human skin (the one shown during her reveal, lol) is an impossible task?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
xpzauj3ovnt21.jpg

I hope Havik makes it in as a DLC. He's one of the few non-garbage 3D era characters, and I'd be awesome to see him updated.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
xpzauj3ovnt21.jpg

I've never liked Havik, but I think the concept of him is cool. If he is DLC then hopefully they'll make me like him.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
tenor.gif

Getting Vietnam flashbacks.

Th-there's always hope. Just gotta fight hard for your character.

I feel like Mileena had a shot but the behavior that her fans showed (insulting the devs etc...) probably killed that.

Kitana having her moves wasn't a death sentence, there are a lot of characters that share attacks in the game. But lack of respect and acting like impatient kids... yeah...
Are NRS really spiteful like that tho

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If anything the lack of certain characters on that list could be indicative of characters who could still be a part of the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.