• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
But MK has almost always had strong women in positions of power doing awesome things. People are dumb.

Yeah but you know how people are.

I didn't plan to get this game since I got MKX and could only find one character out of the whole cast that I actually liked playing (Ermac) but if Noob Saibot stuff ends up being good then I'll pick it up.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
the thing that really can´t be understated is the variation stuff in this game...it gives the game a ridiculously deep combat system because those variations are radically different to each other and you can really completely customize how the character plays.

i think that is one of the killer aspects of this game, to try out the different movesets and combine them into an unique version which is tailored to your playstyle.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
People on Reddit are labeling stuff high level play against people that don't even know how to block seems weird to me.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From the other thread.

I tried the new patch for 45 minutes. The Stage 4 Noob towers have the same requirements, and the Towers don't seem to have changed. I played the Sub Zero Tag battle tower and was able to find two bros to team up with. Here's how the mechanics in this fight work:

Each person on the team fights the boss in a set order. In this case, I was second. The boss starts with minor modifiers, but as they get closer to death, the modifiers get stronger. The first modifier was the ground getting frozen and slowing the player, and if the player stands on it too long, they get frozen. The second stage of the fight replaces this with ice missiles that home on to the player and freezes them on impact. The third...well.. watch the video.

The game also assigns random friendly assists to the player that the game activates at random times. In this case we had special forces grenade volley, and a tidal wave that travels across the screen. Also, the CPU can use a fatal blow on each player (so 3 in total), but if one of the players uses their fatal blow, the others cannot.

We weren't able to beat this battle, due to the ridiculous stage 3. Enjoy.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That looks like a ton of fun to me.

You did good, if you had teamed up with other players that at least knew the basics (like not getting outzoned with Scorpion) you would have easily beaten him.
I'm not sure if that was human or AI. But I think even if the first player had done say 50% damage before dying, I would have had to suffer the insta freezing hail. And then when I die to the infinite combo, the third guy wouldve died too.

It seems like the only way to win this is for the first guy to activate the hail phase, and for players 2 and 3 to just face tank the freeze infinite combo damage and hope that the special forces nades and tidal wave wipe the remaining health of the boss

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
It irritates me that people can play with early retail copies somehow they got can play but i cant . Just unlock the game for fucks sake

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a skin of Kano that looks like wrestler Austin Aries.

maxresdefault.jpg
dd2a961caf757f6d7a49a8707e91ddfe.jpg

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It irritates me that people can play with early retail copies somehow they got can play but i cant . Just unlock the game for fucks sake

They had planned to have early access for the pre-orders but killed it for some reason.
I'm not sure if that was human or AI. But I think even if the first player had done say 50% damage before dying, I would have had to suffer the insta freezing hail. And then when I die to the infinite combo, the third guy wouldve died too.

It seems like the only way to win this is for the first guy to activate the hail phase, and for players 2 and 3 to just face tank the freeze infinite combo damage and hope that the special forces nades and tidal wave wipe the remaining health of the boss

I enjoy coop a lot and it seems like a fun challenge honestly. I understand that playing "alone" for this thing is unbearable though.

There's a skin of Kano that looks like wrestler Austin Aries.

maxresdefault.jpg
dd2a961caf757f6d7a49a8707e91ddfe.jpg

Coincidence.

They based Kano off his movie version. Even gave him Australian accent and all.

GmY.gif

That's fucked. You can see the right video on the quote message underneath it... weird ...

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf it was the right video when I watched it. Also the video quoted in the post below is still the correct one lmao

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Oh come on, you can't even change the SKIN in ranked games... I'm out. Lol. Like in I2, I don't care about rankeds here. Which is sad, really...

After playing around I must say the grind is strong here. It's all random. Sure, sometimes you can find one tower of time with reward for your fav character, but only sometimes. If you really want something for your main you have to PAY 25 kredits for special-character Tower with guaranteed upgrades for that character. Lol. And I bet we'll be able to buy kredits just like coins in I2 after release.

So now I'm trying to main Liu Kang and Frost and seriously, looking how slow everything goes I do not care about trying other characters.

The game is FANTASTIC gameplay-wise and story-wise etc, but this is sad.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh come on, you can't even change the SKIN in ranked games... I'm out. Lol. Like in I2, I don't care about rankeds here. Which is sad, really...

After playing around I must say the grind is strong here. It's all random. Sure, sometimes you can find one tower of time with reward for your fav character, but only sometimes. If you really want something for your main you have to PAY 25 kredits for special-character Tower with guaranteed upgrades for that character. Lol. And I bet we'll be able to buy kredits just like coins in I2 after release.

So now I'm trying to main Liu Kang and Frost and seriously, looking how slow everything goes I do not care about trying other characters.

You can use skins in Ranked.

Just set the one you want to "default" in Kustomize.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Oh come on, you can't even change the SKIN in ranked games... I'm out. Lol. Like in I2, I don't care about rankeds here. Which is sad, really....
you can use kustomized visuals in ranked. Whatever is your load out 1 or set to default will be your visuals, but you still have to use tournament presets.

To set a variation to default press select in the kustomize menu. It'll get a little star icon in the corner.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

to be fair, you pay 25000 for character specific tower but earn 50k back as reward for the fourth tower in this set, at least it was the case for me. but the next tower is 50k to summon, so yeah...

doesn´t change the fact that these towers might have also unfair fights but the character specific ones are often a little more tolerable than the normal ones.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Most of Noobs stuff starts with highs, ppl are ducking or stuffing lol. I need more tech.

He's fun as hell though.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I've just tried it. Variation in "Customisation" menu are different to those available in Ranked matches. I set "Default" on the skin I want and in Ranked games there are still the basic 2 versions with basic skins.

Make a variation and pick "use preset variation" which should match the ranked one, pick a skin, then make that variation default.

It should work.

In theory. Very convoluted and nobody will understand that right off the bat, GG.

I didn't even have to click the spoiler tag. I knew exactly what you meant I and hear you. Really pumped for that guy. Glad I got the season pass.

He's most likely not in the season pass.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Syntsui Slaythe
This one's for you. First guy isn't a dead weight. Last guy picks Jade. Let's see how this one goes.
Looking at this one, they do seem to be blockable, but I dunno when you're supposed to even move.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Syntsui Slaythe
This one's for you. First guy isn't a dead weight. Last guy picks Jade. Let's see how this one goes.
Looking at this one, they do seem to be blockable, but I dunno when you're supposed to even move.

I don't have the game so I can't test for you, but it seems like there is a way to avoid being frozen when you are hit by the slow freeze ?

You got hit

Can see crystals forming

73d9867c08fa8aa07013e782a0f7f4c5.png

b4a9b7feff18ce52948da65b6cae703d.png

Then you hit Sub Zero

2f2c8cf3882572f2076f944cc3d89752.png

And the crystals disappeared and you didn't freeze

304a3b16cff6f4655718ef6c319d16dd.png

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
WPDM7ls.jpg

That kind of system is alright at least you know what you get by trying to just get the items.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Slaythe

The first stage with the freezing ground is super easy mang. Getting him down to 66% starts the next one with the unblockable homing rockets. You can jump over them to mess up their trajectory, but they're impossible to avoid if you're combo-ing sub zero. The sub has really high HP so it's not like you can just not use combos.

The third stage is what I'm talking about. The third guy always gets fucked. And the Sub Zero has one fatal blow for every round, and he loves using it every time its off cooldown.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Slaythe

The first stage with the freezing ground is super easy mang. Getting him down to 66% starts the next one with the unblockable homing rockets. You can jump over them to mess up their trajectory, but they're impossible to avoid if you're combo-ing sub zero. The sub has really high HP so it's not like you can just not use combos.

The third stage is what I'm talking about. The third guy always gets fucked. And the Sub Zero has one fatal blow for every round, and he loves using it every time its off cooldown.

I am just wondering how the freezing works ? On your first video the guy just got insta frozen but against Jade it took a while, and it looked like the freezing on your character, except despite getting the crystals to form on you, you were able to avoid being frozen entirely.

Not sure how that works.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
might be a coincidence but the game just crashed for me with the new patch.
never did in the past ~20 hours.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Syntsui Slaythe

A lesser scrub but a scrub nonetheless. Sorry but this is not a good example of a hard fight, had he used a better string and blocked obvious shit he would have easily taken 50% HP before dying.

I understand the fight is impossible by the third character but it should never reach that moment. Really wish I had this in my hands to beat it.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Then why have the third character at all? Why not make it tag team of 2 and why make the third stage at all if you're making it impossib;e?

Status
Not open for further replies.