• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's this about a PS5 delay? This is the first I'm hearing about it.
Had heard via telephone game that whatever the initial tentative launch date was, it was pushed back internally at some point because devs weren't comfortable with moving on as soon as Sony wanted. (this was months prior to Cerny spilling the beans with a structure. ) This isn't new info and it'd already be baked into whatever the current release plans are.

The reason I bring it up re: MK11/IJ3 is because fighting games need a significant install base before they launch on a brand new platform (MKX was 17 months into PS4, SFV 27 months.) If 18 months is about the minimum you need and PS5 isn't until 2020 at the earliest, there's a significant gap between MK11 and IJ3 that hasn't been there for their prior iterations, and with ESPORTS being a thing, you want to keep that content dripfeed going til you got a year til the next game launches.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Had heard via telephone game that whatever the initial tentative launch date was, it was pushed back internally at some point because devs weren't comfortable with moving on as soon as Sony wanted. (this was months prior to Cerny spilling the beans with a structure. ) This isn't new info and it'd already be baked into whatever the current release plans are.

The reason I bring it up re: MK11/IJ3 is because fighting games need a significant install base before they launch on a brand new platform (MKX was 17 months into PS4, SFV 27 months.) If 18 months is about the minimum you need and PS5 isn't until 2020 at the earliest, there's a significant gap between MK11 and IJ3 that hasn't been there for their prior iterations, and with ESPORTS being a thing, you want to keep that content dripfeed going til you got a year til the next game launches.

Yeah, sounds like this might add a year to the cycle. So IJ3 in 3 years and MK12 in 5. Would make it pretty likely MK11 gets extra kombat packs. But this is also wishful thinking on my part so I get the characters I want.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is the trophy for completing 250 towers pretty much unobtainable?

I'm assuming it includes Klassic Towers, because if it's only for Towers of Time then yes it's absolutely unobtainable because I've yet to complete ONE tower.

And this isn't a case of me needing to 'git gud' because I've used the AI in every tower I've attempted so far and it always gets bodied every time.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming it includes Klassic Towers, because if it's only for Towers of Time then yes it's absolutely unobtainable because I've yet to complete ONE tower.

And this isn't a case of me needing to 'git gud' because I've used the AI in every tower I've attempted so far and it always gets bodied every time.
I've done the sub zero + Jade/kitana one, are these suppose to be the hard ones?

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
Spawn
has teleports.

I know a certain youtuber that's gonna be happy...

tumblr_nkljobRvtk1rfebtqo1_400.gif

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Max: will you talk about the (hopefully only current) issues with the single-player/unlockable progression?

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

I disagree here. I've done about ten or so myself and I've watched an AI finish a whole platform (in about an hour, though) too.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I don't know what I'm doing wrong then. The furthest I've got is the final fight on the third tower out of four with Frost's AI but she got destroyed.

There's one right now available that has just one tower and Sub Zero and it's ridiculously hard. I'll admit that one seems impossible..... though I have no idea why since you can't buy a skip fight to use on it. So not sure what the intention is there.

I admit they're hard, and sometimes dumb cheap too, but yeah, that trophy is definitely doable IMO.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Copying my final post on this mode from Testyourmight. I'm all burnt out on Towers of Time. Time to play the real game.

I finally cleared Noob's 3rd Character Tower. The final boss was really, really easy compared to some of the other fights. I guess they forgot to turn on damage reduction for the player. I think from the point of unlocking to finishing the tier 3 tower took me at least 6 hours. The biggest timesink was farming the blood pints and krushing blow requirements to even proceed. And the Baraka fight itself took more than an hour.

The rewards are shown in the video below. I'm getting an End of Round taunt for every tier of the character tower, and Tier 2 also gave me a Brutality. There's also a tier 4 tower that unlocks for 100,000 Koins + 10 Soul Tokens that also has a Brutality as a reward. I don't know if these are the only avenues to unlock Brutalities. If they are, people are going to be pissed.

Is it just me or are the requirements for these tier 4 towers really...weird? Flawless rounds and Fatal Blows I get. But spears thrown by Noob saibot? Hell ports? Afaik the game calls the Noob teleport Shadow-Port. So are these referring to stage interactables? Or did Noob have another name for his teleport in the beta, and also had a spear, and they left this in?

SWoWuXe.jpg

pAIlSyF.jpg

fwlAtLG.jpg

vWQX8DE.jpg

To be honest, I'm down with the single player portion of the game now. Towers of Time stopped being fun for me about 6 hours ago, and I was only doing this for research and awareness. We're at a point where there are some posters (Not on TYM, but other places) who are calling my gameplay suboptimal, or saying it's not as bad as I am making it seem, or flat out saying that I'm exaggerating stuff.

At the end of the day, I don't really care about unlocking gear or playing Towers. Game comes out in 2 days and I can finally play with my friends who haven't been able to purchase this yet. If they do hotfix the servers and make this easy, I would love to come back to Towers of Time and blow off steam or practice new characters. But this is going to be goodbye to this mode for now. I hope all of you have fun with the game, and have a better time with this mode than I did. I'm still here to answer questions if you guys have any.

https://testyourmight.com/threads/i...e-text-video-review.69102/page-9#post-2487758

There's one right now available that has just one tower and Sub Zero and it's ridiculously hard. I'll admit that one seems impossible..... though I have no idea why since you can't buy a skip fight to use on it. So not sure what the intention is there.

I admit they're hard, and sometimes dumb cheap too, but yeah, that trophy is definitely doable IMO.
Two people are supposed to matchmake and do it together friend. There was a Jade one that I did solo a while ago, but that one's final stand modifiers weren't as bad as this one, so this is much harder solo.
This is working as intended. The other towers which are supposed to be done solo, and still have broken modifiers are the ones that are not.

So is the trophy for completing 250 towers pretty much unobtainable?
I've done about 60 towers myself, but your mileage may vary. There's a tower section called 'Elementary my Dear - Stage 1' that shows up smack dab in the middle of the screen after the tutorial, which is super easy. I'm guessing it goes up to stage 2,3,4 and so on.

I'm guessing these towers are supposed to ease you into the grind little by little, and also offer you some useful konsumables along the way. Maybe the reason I'm finding this mode so bullshit is because I'm not taking the path NRS wants me to take. The reason I'm not finishing these towers is because I can farm requirements for my character towers like flawless rounds, fatalities, brutalities and such in them because I have 2x damage.

Last edited:

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Copying my final post on this mode from Testyourmight. I'm all burnt out on Towers of Time. Time to play the real game.

https://testyourmight.com/threads/i...e-text-video-review.69102/page-9#post-2487758

Two people are supposed to matchmake and do it together friend. There was a Jade one that I did solo a while ago, but that one's final stand modifiers weren't as bad as this one, so this is much harder solo.
This is working as intended. The other towers which are supposed to be done solo, and still have broken modifiers are the ones that are not.

I've done about 60 towers myself, but your mileage may vary. There's a tower section called 'Elementary my Dear - Stage 1' that shows up smack dab in the middle of the screen after the tutorial, which is super easy. I'm guessing it goes up to stage 2,3,4 and so on.

I'm guessing these towers are supposed to ease you into the grind little by little, and also offer you some useful konsumables along the way. Maybe the reason I'm finding this mode so bullshit is because I'm not taking the path NRS wants me to take. The reason I'm not finishing these towers is because I can farm requirements for my character towers like flawless rounds, fatalities, brutalities and such in them because I have 2x damage.

Oh really! I'll try that then.

Yeah the worst one for me is anything that involves Hsu Haos laser

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hsu Hao's laser fucking sucks ass. Unblockable, unjumpable, uncrouchable shit that has no tells when it's coming and you gotta count the seconds in your mind coz the CPU will use that shit every time it's off cooldown.

Same with Bo Rai Cho fart and Takedo Arrow. At least those are jumpable. Wait till you see the environment effects like the screen turning red and sapping your health if you're not blocking.

I can bet $100 that Derek from NRS can't do a single one of these fights even if I give him a whole day. And if he says "Well you're not supposed to do them without Konsumables" I wanna ask him what I should do if I run out of mine.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or are the requirements for these tier 4 towers really...weird? Flawless rounds and Fatal Blows I get. But spears thrown by Noob saibot? Hell ports? Afaik the game calls the Noob teleport Shadow-Port. So are these referring to stage interactables? Or did Noob have another name for his teleport in the beta, and also had a spear, and they left this in?
Spear thrown looks like the stage interactable, but 250 seems a bit too much, how many times can you do it per fight?

edit: wait, Hellport and Spear, aren't those Scorpions abilities?

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Hsu Hao's laser fucking sucks ass. Unblockable, unjumpable, uncrouchable shit that has no tells when it's coming and you gotta count the seconds in your mind coz the CPU will use that shit every time it's off cooldown.

Same with Bo Rai Cho fart and Takedo Arrow. At least those are jumpable. Wait till you see the environment effects like the screen turning red and sapping your health if you're not blocking.

I can bet $100 that Derek from NRS can't do a single one of these fights even if I give him a whole day. And if he says "Well you're not supposed to do them without Konsumables" I wanna ask him what I should do if I run out of mine.

well, the final fight of one of my character towers has this laser, it is unwinnable...AI also can´t beat it. so basically, the game roadblocks the tower completion

they really should fix this mess fast, just provide difficulty settings for these towers or/and make the modifiers hit the enemies too. and make em blockable ffs. this cheap bullshit is really unfun to play and a total slog.

what is also baffling, they show you the icons of the modifiers in the overview but you can´t really see what the modifiers are till you face the enemies. why is there no option to hover over the symbols to know what modifiers are on, do they believe i should learn and remember what each symbol stands for? just lol

Last edited:

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Got my Xbox Copy last Friday. It looks really good in 4k and HDR.

Some of those stages are beautiful. That Japanese garden with all the vibrant colors, It is almost like playing in an interactive painting.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Xbox Copy last Friday. It looks really good in 4k and HDR.

Some of those stages are beautiful. That Japanese garden with all the vibrant colors, It is almost like playing in an interactive painting.

Did your code for Shao Kahn be successfully redeemed but he didn't unlock? happened to me. Can't use him.

Noob Saibot feels amazing, will take him online soon.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The Day 0 Kombat Kast tomorrow should just be them trying to beat towers.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Did your code for Shao Kahn be successfully redeemed but he didn't unlock? happened to me. Can't use him.

My code worked fine.

Saibot is indeed amazing. But he struggles under pressure. His frame data doesnt have many plus moves so you gotta be really good at zoning and punishing with teleports on whiffs.

A Kabal cornered me and kept pressuring me with plus on block normals and I was at a loss. I guess I gotta practice perfect blocking (forgot what jts called) punishing with the popup.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Spear thrown looks like the stage interactable, but 250 seems a bit too much, how many times can you do it per fight?

edit: wait, Hellport and Spear, aren't those Scorpions abilities?
Oh wait LOOOOOL
You are right. This shit is still in beta it seems

Still holding out hope for (another) big Day 1 patch to smooth over the edges because of stuff like this and kick parameters around in towers to actually make them beatable. Surely they can't ship the game officially with bugs like this.
The Day 0 Kombat Kast tomorrow should just be them trying to beat towers.
This made me laugh pretty hard. I'd watch that.

Anyway, when is OT? and what's the title?

Last edited:

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They don't need to patch the game for Towers of Time since they are on the backend. They just need to hotfix the servers with different values for damage and flip some levels for the enemy abilities.

Ah shit, so you can use him then? my code has been redeemed but he isn't able to be selected :(

I'm on Xbox.
Yeah I can use him. I'm on PS4.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Oh wait LOOOOOL
You are right. This shit is still in beta it seems
This makes me at least hope a LITTLE that they're not set up completely server side, but who knows.

Still holding out hope for (another) big Day 1 patch to smooth over the edges because of stuff like this and kick parameters around in towers to actually make them beatable. Surely they can't ship the game officially with bugs like this.

This is the kid of stuff they could do server side hotfixes for. They've had that ability for awhile. I think it was MK9 where they were touting the hotfix ability allowing them to bypass issuing patches.

Going to go out on a limb and say the towers mode was not available in the beta?!

Wasn't in the beta but I think all they put in outside of online play were Klassic towers

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

I've had pre-release games on Xbox where the game works but the DLC doesn't even though it redeems. It's a weird pre-order system where the digital content is earmarked to unlock after the game comes out (ie. Resident Evil 2 worked from a disc but the deluxe DLC didn't actually work until after the game unlocked digitally).

I hope that makes sense >_>

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
man the time towers are just no fun at all for me, the modifiers are simply too annoying, period. it's a shame because I'd love content like that.
the classic towers give next to no rewards so I guess I am done until they fix the timed towers.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just curious, among arcade stick users, how do you personally map controls for MK games when you play with a stick?

I think NRS games might be my personal holdout when it comes to using a gamepad. I know that NRS has included diagonal input as an option in almost all of their games since MK9 or Injustice 1, but the base inputs and mapping just seems to make a bit more sense to me on a gamepad. In MK in particular, having a dedicated block button and a dedicated "EX" button feels way more natural on a gamepad than on an arcade stick to me. And I remember the "limited edition" arcade sticks that came out with MK9 had that very odd "X" pattern button place. I think block was right in the middle and the 4 corners of the "X" were the 4 attack buttons. As a casual player, I've never known how key stance swapping is, and it has its own dedicated button too.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
super annoying on PS4Pro is when Scorpion or Sub Zero are the opponents, they both have an intro with a fire/ice hurricane, everytime this happens the PS4Pro fans ramp up to maximum instantly...

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Ah shit, so you can use him then? my code has been redeemed but he isn't able to be selected :(

I'm on Xbox.

Same here. Guess it's gonna stay locked until launch. PS doesn't seem to have the issue.

Also, what's up with variations having open slots? Can I fill them up and take that into ranked or only the base one? Seems awkward to leave one slot open.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY i have beaten the final character tower stage with the fucking laser...after who knows how many tries
Noice. I used a skip fight token on that but in hindsight I regret it. Those are so rare and valuable lol. I could've done it with a few consumables.

How'd you do it? Raw dog style or did you use a particular consumable?

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Could someone please try the new patch and check if the towers are any different?
I'll do a long play tonight but gotta hit the gym first. :(

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Noice. I used a skip fight token on that but in hindsight I regret it. Those are so rare and valuable lol. I could've done it with a few consumables.

How'd you do it? Raw dog style or did you use a particular consumable?

tried to do as much damage as i can in a short time and used the consumable which fills your health after 20 seconds to 100% as well as another health filler item. was still very close though, the laser beam is no joke..

edit: sorry, double post -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.