• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
So you're telling me I was an idiot
well..
well..
Don't know who to play as first, the majority of the roster interests me. Street Fighter V I only ever play as two characters (never play it except for extra battle costumes each week). Hope that tier list is just bullshit, I'm hoping Cassie is strong and fun to play as.
If you mean the tier list that was posted in here, I'm pretty sure that was an animation tier list.

No actual tier list made this early should be given any attention.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Ugh, my ShopTo order still says processing. I assumed it had shipped as they took payment yesterday.
There go my chances of getting it tomorrow.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
There won't be anyone on Simply's Twitter until Tuesday, I know that much. I'd expect them to dispatch Saturday for most people.

If I didn't have an NZ digital copy that unlocks on the 22nd I'd be livid. Feels like everyone has it already, I'm dying here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The MK tournament stage is pretty cool:

47642973161_2b39826f80_o.png

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy how some folk have active postal service this holiday.

Last edited:

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Is there any savings buying the 99.99 version? I think I'm going Switch Day 1 and I'll grab on PS4 in a sale because of how beautiful the game looks.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Ugh. So this game will have a ton of towers and unlocks tied to servers for no good reason. Great.

everything is tied to the servers, even making variations of your character. i wanted to make a Sonya variation and it said "server not available, variation won´t be saved". even after a match the game contacts the servers.

coupled with the MTX pushing slow unlock system this game has some annoying stuff going on

but i still don´t believe that the Krypt is uniquely random for every player, there are still coordinates on the bottom of the screen so imo it is the same as ever was, there will be guides after release in which boxes special items and fatalities are. i save the Kombat Koins for now because i will slap myself if i run around unlock random things and getting only crap.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind Mortal Kombat X was originally intended/developed to be multi gen.

Nrs made mkx on ps4 and one. Another studio downgraded the game to run on ps360.

Is there any savings buying the 99.99 version? I think I'm going Switch Day 1 and I'll grab on PS4 in a sale because of how beautiful the game looks.

Are you EU or US ?

EU saves money on the 99 because base version is overpriced.

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
everything is tied to the servers, even making variations of your character. i wanted to make a Sonya variation and it said "server not avalable, variation won´t be saved". even after a match the game contacts the servers.

Wh...why? Is this the real reason for "tournament variations?" Some always-online crap?

Jan 11, 2018
everything is tied to the servers, even making variations of your character. i wanted to make a Sonya variation and it said "server not avalable, variation won´t be saved". even after a match the game contacts the servers.

coupled with the MTX pushing slow unlock system this game has some annoying stuff going on

but i still don´t believe that the Krypt is uniquely random for every player, there are still coordinates on the bottom of the screen so imo it is the same as ever was, there will be guides after release in which boxes special items and fatalities are. i save the Kombat Koins for now because i will slap myself if i run around unlock random things and getting only crap.

Wow. That's terrible. I hope they patch that out eventually, or this game will be a mess to come back to in the future if the servers go down (or if you're playing without a connection).

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Basically the game is near unplayable on switch if you dont have internet and you're playing on the plane or train etc.. on the go.

Yikes.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Just posted a thread about how grindy the single player is. I guess you guys would find some use out of it
https://testyourmight.com/threads/i...the-single-player-grind-minor-spoilers.69102/

Good writeup. Not surprising as the games have been steadily shifting on this track for awhile now. MKX felt like a bloated grind with its unlocks and Krypt, this just pushes it further.

I'm still mixed on a pre-order. Adored MK9, but wasn't too big on MKX, and I dropped IJ2 more quickly than I thought. Not interested in online, and not sure I'll find the solo suite as compelling beyond weekend 1. :(

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Another Switch screenshot, this time from Johnny's second fatality. (Was this posted already?)

E7DrRrF.jpg

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really hope they listen to feedback and adjust both the apparent grind as well as the bizarre server requirements for... like, everything. It'll make the Switch version almost unplayable if that's the case.

Injustice 2 has a LOT of flaws (I'm still raging over how poorly it handles RNG and loot), but at the very least it let you do 95% of the single player stuff offline without needing a server.

Hopefully it's something they can patch, because with it currently enabled it's going to be a MAJOR hassle.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like an unmitigated disaster.

There are opponents in towers that are practically impossible to beat if you don't have the right kind of item to aid you. One tower I could just not clear because I was not able to beat an early character in that tower that constantly sat my character on fire, quickly draining it of health. There was a specific item the game recommended I should use to mitigate the health drain, but I didn't own it. Other items that I owned didn't help much either, I wasted them all trying. Not even the AI could beat it.
There will be a lot of times when you won't be able to progress not because you lack skill or endurance, but because the game is simply unfair and you lack the proper item to help you mitigate that unfairness.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Just posted a thread about how grindy the single player is. I guess you guys would find some use out of it
https://testyourmight.com/threads/i...the-single-player-grind-minor-spoilers.69102/

Thank you for the writeup.

It sounds like their mobile team designed this mode.

If it was Boon, they need to let him make his persistent online "dream game" to get this crap out of his system.

It could be reasonable, but doesn't sound that way and I have zero faith in their ability to balance this in a way that respects your time and without pushing you to in-game currency.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
There are opponents in towers that are practically impossible to beat if you don't have the right kind of item to aid you. One tower I could just not clear because I was not able to beat an early character in that tower that constantly sat my character on fire, quickly draining it of health. There was a specific item the game recommended I should use to mitigate the health drain, but I didn't own it. Other items that I owned didn't help much either, I wasted them all trying. Not even the AI could beat it.
There will be a lot of times when you won't be able to progress not because you lack skill or endurance, but because the game is simply unfair and you lack the proper item to help you mitigate that unfairness.
So its like a more BS ver of smashs world of light?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Problem with the whole stuff is the game is constantly throwing sticks between the players legs.

you buy an character specific tower set which consists of 4 or 5 towers for 25000 Koins. In those towers they want you to have accumulated 50 uppercuts or 50 throws, so you have to grind this out first before you can tackle the character specific towers. yay!

you do a normal tower of time, it takes a long time and you get 10.000 koins and a few consumables for the playing, it isn´t even guaranteed that you get something cosmetic. yay!

i am sitting here with a Sonya that has in total 15 Skins, 4 intros, winning poses 2 fatalities and stuff and there is no guarantee at all to unlock something specific, i see the same intro, the same winning pose and the same fatality the whole time. the game is crippled essentially because you will never see those cosmetics in a reasonable amount of time.

so that is where these crystals come into play later. they want people to buy those crystals or play this game till your beard is long and grey.

people saying this is fine are not seeing the problem, this is a full price game with additional paid DLC characters and they treat you like playing a free mobile game. it is awful and it makes no fun. they should give out those cosmetics at a steady pace...

this is just awful, if the base game was 30 bucks and it was so stingy, well would suck but would be an explanation, for a full price game this is all the disgusting shit going on with games these days rolled into one nice package.

Status
Not open for further replies.