• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It is. Street Fighter, Tekken, Dead or Alive, SoulCalibur, Dragon Ball FighterZ, and I think even Smash allow you to train/practice while searching for matches.
Soul Calibur 6 does not. EDIT: Apparently it does, you win this one you future Kitana main.

And Tekken's practice while searching for a match is not a proper practice mode, more like a "try out combos mode" since you can't actually control what the opponent is doing. It's just a dummy that won't even block properly.

Last edited:

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I really doubt this was NRS's decision.
tenor.gif

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soul Calibur 6 does not.

And Tekken's practice while searching for a match is not a proper practice mode, more like a "try out combos mode" since you can't actually control what the opponent is doing. It's just a dummy that won't even block properly.
Pretty sure you can in Soul Calibur 6. Hell I think there's a trophy for getting a match while in training mode.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
Man, I want so bad to jump in at launch, but I loathed progression in Injustice 2's single player. God dammit.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know who to play as first, the majority of the roster interests me. Street Fighter V I only ever play as two characters (never play it except for extra battle costumes each week). Hope that tier list is just bullshit, I'm hoping Cassie is strong and fun to play as.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
yea, tiers are based on character potential, and 99.5% of players cant utilize said potential in the slightest. tier lists mean nothing when you cannot use your character to its full power

May 26, 2018
Be wary, everyone. The spoiler bastards on YouTube are out with Story Mode walkthroughs. No doubt "FINAL BOSS ED BOON FIGHT AS HORNBUCKLE" will be headlining your front page and recommendations ASAP.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Be wary, everyone. The spoiler bastards on YouTube are out with Story Mode walkthroughs. No doubt "FINAL BOSS ED BOON FIGHT AS HORNBUCKLE" will be headlining your front page and recommendations ASAP.
Thanks for the warning. I better use the block key words plug-in I have on my laptop's chrome browser when I get home. I still have Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice blocked, and I better add Days Gone too now that I think of it.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
are you guys sure about the random Krypt? i mean, there are the coordinates again at the bottom of the screen, why does it have them if the boxes are differently randomized for every player, makes no sense...frankly if it is randomized then they have made the absolute worst decision ever, the unlock system flat out sucks the fun out of the game, there is nothing cool about getting some concept arts for hard earned Kombat Koins....

the whole loot system is just bad in this game, i wonder why they didn´t copy the Injustice 2 loot system, in MK11 it feels like you never get anything cool for the character you play. have a few hours played and barely any stuff unlocked for the character i play, at this rate it feels like a really bad joke.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
are you guys sure about the random Krypt? i mean, there are the coordinates again at the bottom of the screen, why does it have them if the boxes are differently randomized for every player, makes no sense...frankly if it is randomized then they have made the absolute worst decision ever, the unlock system flat out sucks the fun out of the game, there is nothing cool about getting some concept arts for hard earned Kombat Koins....

the whole loot system is just bad in this game, i wonder why they didn´t copy the Injustice 2 loot system, in MK11 it feels like you never get anything cool for the character you play. have a few hours played and barely any stuff unlocked for the character i play, at this rate it feels like a really bad joke.
It's worse than Injustice 2? :0

Welp, I'm glad I like the default costumes for the most part...

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
It's worse than Injustice 2? :0

Welp, I'm glad I like the default costumes for the most part...

i mean you simply get barely anything for your character, while playing towers it takes a lot of time and the loot are more consumables to use in the towers than cosmetics...

and the Krypt is a nightmare, there are more boxes to unlock than there is time to play...

in Injustice 2 you got the stuff much faster than here...i don´t really understand it, they have different loot in the game but it is so stingy with giving you something that it comes off as a system to push microtransactions and nothing more. it is just there to eat time and not in a fun way.

the core game is good but the cosmetic system is a bummer so far

edit: and what is also inexcusable, you need a constant online connection to even make variations of your character....if the server is spazzing out you can´t save your variation. the game is riddled with stuff that i would call simply awful

Last edited:

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad to hear the Krypt is turning out this way. I actually was hoping to buy some kind of unlock everything pass for 20 bucks or so (didn't do that in MKX, but I had way more time back then, but i always thought it was a nice option to fall back on.). Now with microtransactions and the sheer amount of unlockable content I doubt they will offer such a pass.
I hope that there is another day 1 patch that makes stuff easier/cheaper to unlock. I think there was some precedent for that in recent years, to get people that got the game day 1 and day -5 on an even playing field, but I don't remember which game.

Anyone else think the Kombat Pack 1 trailer will release today? Let's keep the hype train going!
Also hoping for a reveal today, I don't understand this last minute marketing when the game is out in the wild for many people right now.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Since the game isn't out yet they still technically have time to market it. People that have it early already bought it so it's not like they've lost any sales. I guess it depends how you look at it. I think NRS will be fine (their last Mortal Kombat game was their best selling game ever).

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
yeah so...the character specific towers are awful as well, they have requirements like "do 50(!) uppercuts" or "do 50 throws(!)" to unlock the next tower. and the modifiers are so awful that some enemies are a complete hassle to defeat... like a Scorpion that gets a fire aura and there are fire geysers in the stage randomly burning you, so you get burned by geysers and get burned by Scorpion, super fun! this leads to just using the AI for the fights which in turn doesn´t teaches or train you the game

sorry to say it, but this will be a game i will play for a week and sell it, progression is completely offputting and the towers are awful, if someone wants to buy this to play single player, think twice. Injustice 2 was miles better than this here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
yeah so...the character specific towers are awful as well, they have requirements like "do 50(!) uppercuts" or "do 50 throws(!)" to unock the next tower. and the modifiers are so awful that some enemies are a complete hassle to defeat... like a Scorpion that gets a fire aura and there are fire geysers in the stage randomly burning you, so you get burned by geysirs and get burned by Scorpion, super fun! this leads to just using the AI for the fights which in turn doesn´t teaches or train you the game

sorry to say it, but this will be a game i will play for a week and sell it, progression is completely offputting and the towers are awful, if someone wants to buy this to play single player, think twice. Injustice 2 was miles better than this here.

Welp. That ain't good to hear. Good thing I didn't pre-order yet like I said I would.

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
yeah so...the character specific towers are awful as well, they have requirements like "do 50(!) uppercuts" or "do 50 throws(!)" to unock the next tower. and the modifiers are so awful that some enemies are a complete hassle to defeat... like a Scorpion that gets a fire aura and there are fire geysers in the stage randomly burning you, so you get burned by geysirs and get burned by Scorpion, super fun! this leads to just using the AI for the fights which in turn doesn´t teaches or train you the game

Ignore this question it you just play Netherrealm games just for the single player gameplay, but do you like playing fighting games?

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda OK with things taking a long time to unlock, I'll be playing for years. I still play MKX.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
a lot of the unlocks are unlocks from the timed towers.
how does this work exactly? does that mean certain unlocks can only be unlocked at a certain time or are they simply random?

also, how and where can I use time krystals?

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've been studying these streams but they all keep getting taken down but here's what I've noticed.

Chatacter Specific towers costs 25,000 to unlock.

Some of the towers within that chatacters set is locked behind bizarre mechanics like Get 50 Throws or Get 50 Uppercuts.

Once you finish that, to do it again for the same chatacter it's 50,000.

The gameplay is super solid from the looks of things, which makes me happy becaue I can play this with mates easily. It's just a DYING shame that the kustomisation is clearly built around taking your time up.

I'd understand what you guys mean by "it makes it special" but sometimes you might unlock two shades of the same skin. And some characters the skins aren't even that great.

It's a horrible defense but I'm glad it's purely cosmetic. I can still enjoy the game with friends, even if my favourite look for my favourite character is locked behind hours of busy work.

😢

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Just came back in from work to find this through my letterbox, what a nice surprise. Time to get stuck in.

Status
Not open for further replies.