• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kitana looks dope and am glad these Asian characters are starting to look more and more Asian.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I hope Frost has her MMA outfit as an unlockable.

mortal_kombat_x_comic___frost_by_frostmkfan_d8jekmw-pre.jpg

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Fucking imagine if everything hadn't leaked and we had no idea this hooded figure was actually Frost, though.

Imagine.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah maybe they save Frost and Shao Khan for the final KK. Welp, prepare for Cetrion again this week, so you aren't disappointed.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Fr i dont care about character spoilers at all, might have not bought the game if they didnt bring back Kotal khan.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that KP better be good. Cost me about the entire game. If Mileena ain't in there I'll throw a Sheeva MK9 babality like tantrum.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
If they do a dupe Cetrion breakdown, it's probably just for the heck of it, because they were likely already planning on saving the other unshown characters for a certain point anyway. I doubt they would actually be pushing any others back because of it and we'd just be getting two otherwise.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I'm gonna fucking laugh my ass off if Frost is the character they were alluding to when they said it's planned that not all characters will be revealed prior to launch. I mean come on guys, it's Frost. No1Curr (cept my fang brother Luce).

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
God I hope they don't try to hide her. They know we know she's in the game. Pointless to hide it.
Anyone else buy into the theory that NRS is behind schedule with this game?

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
God I hope they don't try to hide her. They know we know she's in the game. Pointless to hide it.
Anyone else buy into the theory that NRS is behind schedule with this game?

No

We've known MK11 has been scheduled for a April 23rd release for months now. It's not like they are going to delay the game because they don't give folks character reveals when they personally want them. Keep in mind most of the roster for Injustice 2 wasn't revealed at the games announcement at once either and that had a similar rollout of info reveals as well.

Besides this is Mortal Kombat the same series that is notorious for devs intentionally being coy in regards to its secrets and which characters are actually going to be in the game. So having some of the roster not revealed is to a point very intentional. Controlling what information they want and want not to divulge does not make them behind schedule.

NRS has done this song and dance before. We can at least affirm the entire base roster of 25 will be known prior to the release day. The exceptions being the additional post-release Kombat Pass characters beyond Shang Tsung, and any so-called "hidden" characters that would need to be unlocked but are part of the base roster.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I think people theorize they're behind because of things like Shang. It's strange he has such a prominent role in the Krypt but isn't in the base game. Or because it feels like we are finding out much later about things like DLC plans when MKX they revealed 3 weeks before release and Injustice 2 it was nearly two weeks.

I don't know if I buy into it... but I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually found out that they were behind.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think people theorize they're behind because of things like Shang. It's strange he has such a prominent role in the Krypt but isn't in the base game. Or because it feels like we are finding out much later about things like DLC plans when MKX they revealed 3 weeks before release and Injustice 2 it was nearly two weeks.

I don't know if I buy into it... but I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually found out that they were behind.
I don't think they're behind; I think they're just operating on a schedule that isn't "give me what I want" which is, well, to spill the beans on everything.

Every single MK launch has been just like this. ... leaks included.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Smoke gets in as DLC, he needs to have both his cyborg and ninja forms available. Because he is the only character in MK history to have ever been both a robot and a ninja.

Last edited:

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I don't think they're behind; I think they're just operating on a schedule that isn't "give me what I want" which is, well, to spill the beans on everything.

Every single MK launch has been just like this. ... leaks included.

I kind of agree with Bor tbh. It has nothing to do with character reveals or anything, it's everything else. We've seen very little of the Krypt (which could be intentional) but they've also been incredibly cagey about custom moves and variations. I mean we STILL have no idea what the set variations are and we're only two weeks away from launch. Also, we're down to 2 from MKX's 3.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I kind of agree with Bor tbh. It has nothing to do with character reveals or anything, it's everything else. We've seen very little of the Krypt (which could be intentional) but they've also been incredibly cagey about custom moves and variations. I mean we STILL have no idea what the set variations are and we're only two weeks away from launch. Also, we're down to 2 from MKX's 3.
Yeah, its the little things like that, that seem strange. Things like the 7 exclusive skins in the premium edition. We knew the exclusive premier skins that came with the Ultimate Edition of Injustice 2 the moment they announced the UE of the game. We still don't know how battlepasses will work either.

( Gonna put this here again as I have fun with these kinds of things. Pick Your 5 Fav MK Fighters Results Link )

Last edited:

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Kitana looks amazing I'm so excited!!!

Can you imagine the outrage from Gamer Dudes Online if Ryu and Chun Li had actual asian features in the main games? lol

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
How exactly are they behind schedule? Because they didn't show off all the characters all at once?
No lol, nor did I imply that. Just that there has been appearance of less communication than in the past. IDC about the roster, that's on the same pace as its always been. Its the things other than the roster that have been strangely quiet on. We don't know a single variation that the game will launch with. That's rather bizarre. Nor do know the contents of the premium edition (skins packs) or what the fuck battle passes are. They advertised them but haven't actually said what they will be.

& again, I'm not even saying they're behind schedule. Just that it's a theory i've read online and was curious to the people's here thoughts on it would be.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
The game is coming out on April 23rd. The game will likely have a fairly extensive patch on day one as well that will include balance changes from any input recieved from Beta feedback.

If there is a theory going around that NRS is behind schedule on how they want to control the information flow the content for the game leading up to the release and beyond. It's just seems to be a case coming from an over eager bunch who equates the non-instant delivery of content just to give an excuse to call the development of the game being rushed or troubled.

I mean look at the post #263 in this topic here - https://www.resetera.com/threads/mk...ng-role-from-film.107049/page-6#post-19156615 as a good example.

When exactly has the trend even began? What makes MK11 so different that gives cause for concern for folks for NRS to not meet their deadlines, like they did with Injustice 2, MKX, Injustice 1, and MK9? Why would MK11 be the exception in this case?

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I wish we had a Kast dedicated to the new modes, Krypt or whatever they came up with. The characters that are left are the least interesting thing about the game right now.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
What? That's literally the only thing she's known for besides being a back stabbing, power hungry jerk.
Then it's not the only thing she's known for. :P

But seriously, icy hair never made any sense. And it doesn't help it looks ridiculous.

If there was one character that needed a complete redesign/reboot, it would be her.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
It's a bullshit theory from obsessive fans not getting what they want. NRS always delivers.

Ehh like I said in my previous post, I do think they were probably a little behind in certain aspects but not about characters or their reveal cycle. I'm mostly talking in relation to the set variants, etc. And I'm no fan of Frost so it ain't that hehe.

I don't think suggesting anyone who believes them to be behind is just saying that because of slow reveals isn't necessarily fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.