• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
IMO the first time Katana has ever looked good in any way.
I think Kitana's always had some great designs.

Her MKX design was great.
4420010-1642348422-mkx_k.jpg

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I already love her default, but I hope Kitana's MKX design comes back. With these visuals it might actually look as cool as that concept art.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatched the MK9 and MKX story modes today. MK9 kind of sucks looking back on it. The direction in X is much better. 11 looks to be an even bigger step forward.

I do really miss X's character art direction though. So many character's just seem to have a more interesting look to them. The models obviously don't look as good, but I like the concepts more.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think Kitana's always had some great designs.

Her MKX design was great.
4420010-1642348422-mkx_k.jpg

I don't know... In the art work it might look okay, but the actual game model looks pretty bad:

Kitana-MKX-Mortal-Kombat-X-Render_600_1300_s.png

It's too busy, bulky and has an unflattering shape. The micro samurai armor plates protecting her chest especially do not only look ridiculous but imo also ugly.

Last edited:

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The female characters in MKX looked really weird in general. I'm not sure what happened to the rigging but all of them had giraffe necks, stubby legs and their boobs were way too low on their chests.

Im fine with Kitana possibly having another Mournful but this time for Mileena.

Kitana would look good in pink anyway.

I don't believe Kitana has reasons to mourn Mileena, though.

I wonder if they will cross paths in the Netherrealm.

OP
OP
Sento

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know... In the art work it might look okay, but the actual game model looks pretty bad:

Kitana-MKX-Mortal-Kombat-X-Render_600_1300_s.png

It's too busy, bulky and has an unflattering shape. The micro samurai armor plates protecting her chest especially do not only look ridiculous but imo also ugly.
Her alt was much better.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it somewhat strange that the NRS guy thinks that D'Vorah looked adorable in X but monstrous here. Her render in 11 with the black hood makes her look kind of pretty actually. Way more than in X.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man that goddamn bug killed my main....but she does have anime eyes now. And she does have a cool vibe. Dammit, Kast just come already please.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Ed Boon even acknowledging the leak, it'd be pretty dumb to keep Frost secret indeed. We know she's in. Show her.

Last edited:

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Think of it like this, we would get to see her delicious thigh again as she steps on someone but this time not on GI's shitty media player.

Mmm.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You know for someone with ice powers, Frost is a real hothead!

Also SHOW ME THE KITANA FATAL BLOW at this rate I expect her to basically decapitate someone in it and then they just pop up and they're fine

Think of it like this, we would get to see her delicious thigh again as she steps on someone but this time not on GI's shitty media player.

Mmm.

now wait a goddamn minute here no

Status
Not open for further replies.