• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You guys don't seem to remember MK9 online

Scorpion
Scorpion
Scorpion
Mileena
Scorpion
Cyrax
Sub Zero
Sub Zero
Sektor
Scorpion
Mileena
Sektor
Sub Zero
Scorpion
Sektor
Scorpion
I kinda miss it. I learned how to main a good Sheeva and I had nearly a 100 win streak online against Scorpion players because she had amazing counters for everything he did.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Do they actually show Noob's face without the mask?
Pretty much.

image0.jpg

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Steve Blum voicing Sub-Zero since MKX is such an underappreciated fact. Part of the reason why I like him so much now.

"SAVAGERY IS NO MATCH FOR SKILL."

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
much like Dragon Ball ascended past the derogatory "anime" label, Mortal Kombat has ascended past the cringey 90's edge stigma

Ascended in terms of popularity I guess, but its roots will always be 90's as fuck. That's its DNA, there's a reason the movie is still basically the definitive piece of MK media for most people.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody fucking hates her lol it's so mean
Blood magic must be hella messed up
She's literally stanning a dude that kept her tied up, when he didn't need her. Man I hope she ain't a jobber in story mode cause I might main her. Zoning people was kool in the beta but man, y'all gonna body me if you are on PSN. And I kan't wait.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ascended in terms of popularity I guess, but its roots will always be 90's as fuck. That's its DNA, there's a reason the movie is still basically the definitive piece of MK media for most people.
I don't mean it's not 90s as fuck, but when people talk about 90s edgy, it's usually negative, but MK isn't put into that category despite being it. much how you can talk about DBZ without getting weird looks where as just mentioning the word "anime" gets you "In a Roman Osteria'd"

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I guess I shouldn't be surprised but the Steam discussion of this game is nothing but "female characters are wearing clothes! Rise Up!" cringe. I hope the PC version does well, MKX did fine on PC despite being a terrible port initially, and even worse, despite having female characters wearing clothes :P

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I guess I shouldn't be surprised but the Steam discussion of this game is nothing but "female characters are wearing clothes! Rise Up!" cringe. I hope the PC version does well, MKX did fine on PC despite being a terrible port initially, and even worse, despite having female characters wearing clothes :P

Yeah it's fucking dumb lol. Weirdos and their coveted boner culture. The worst is when they go "YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN IF YOU'RE OKAY WITH DESEXUALIZED CHARACTERS" as if it were 16 bit polygonal titties that the series is notorious for.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are we really doing this again?
there's a difference between not liking a particular move and voicing complaint about it, but still buying the game, and being in a boycott movement but still buying the game.

if they're gonna be throwing the "rise up" hashtags around, I don't have too high expectations about where their opinions fall

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

If the port is good then the PC version will do really well

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yeah it's fucking dumb lol. Weirdos and their coveted boner culture. The worst is when they go "YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN IF YOU'RE OKAY WITH DESEXUALIZED CHARACTERS" as if it were 16 bit polygonal titties that the series is notorious for.
Meanwhile, I'm legit suprised in a good way how those people are turned down in the MK Subreddit.

This just happened for example:

O8LzC6i.png

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
ShorttermGlaringAnnashummingbird-small.gif

Heavy risk, but the priiiize.

I don't mean to be trite, but is Sheeva considered attractive within the fictional MK universe? I was in a discussion about what constitutes beauty and attractiveness within cartoon universes. Family guy and the Simpsons was brought up in the conversation. More broadly, is Goro and Sheeva supposed to be perceived as being attractive on par with Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade?

May 26, 2018
Oh fuck. I'm kinda surprised that we would get this AGAIN though. I would have expected the other pit. I REALLY want some more classic stages. Pronto.

I'd love the monk tower to come back. The one with day and night whirling around outside the window.

AND of course the Living Forest. With the graphics these days, they could finally make the trees as nightmarish as they were in MKII.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Man mkx on PSN is a cesspool. Just a bunch of people who clearly never dropped the game who teabag after one win and keep you on the rematch screen for the lols. It's awful lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.