• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I'm really doubting there are any guest characters after the panel at C2E2
1) if they were gonna announce a guest, it would've been at C2E2
2) Boon was asked at the C2E2 panel about the effort of getting guests for MK11 and it seemed like he didn't have an answer— the moderator had to ask him to talk about previous games and then he was able to talk about it, and even then he made it sound like a pain in the ass

Yeah i can imagine licensing and also making sure there balanced being a pain in the arse, and too much cost. Id vastly prefer the 6 characters to be 3 old characters and 3 brand new ones.

They could do what they did with MKX and make a second season pass that is guest characters.

Simone

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I haven't looked at the game that much, but after the more recent trailers I'm getting pretty interested (also, it releases on my birthday, that would be a great self-gift). How many single-player modes have been showed so far, besides story mode?

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't looked at the game that much, but after the more recent trailers I'm getting pretty interested (also, it releases on my birthday, that would be a great self-gift). How many single-player modes have been showed so far, besides story mode?

I imagine at least as much as MK X as far as single player modes go though they only showed off story.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really doubting there are any guest characters after the panel at C2E2
1) if they were gonna announce a guest, it would've been at C2E2

They haven't offically debuted the base roster yet, and there's no reason the guest reveal has to be at a con. They've revealed guest characters in trailers and at their Pro series events. Plenty of options.

2) Boon was asked at the C2E2 panel about the effort of getting guests for MK11 and it seemed like he didn't have an answer— the moderator had to ask him to talk about previous games and then he was able to talk about it, and even then he made it sound like a pain in the ass

I'm sure it's a pain, but they are a big deal and sell. That's just Boon. People hang on his every word and he has to think carefully about what he says.

The question is just how many guests there will be.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
So uh, did they say if it was the trio from the story trailer or are they touching a new batch tomorrow?

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to play as Jade tomorrow, but man Ed Boon why isn't Sub-Zero in the beta? I need to see if I can find anything similar to his cryomancer variation in X.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Hopefully a ton of people will grab footage of the Switch version this weekend at PAX.

I'm expecting the game to have some visual concessions. Performance shouldn't be a factor due to the nature of fighting game needing a constant frame rate to work properly due to stuff like frame timing and frame data for move start up, active frames, and back to neutral animations.

I'd say the game will play well but definitely won't have the same visual impact. Still portable MK11 sounds super interesting.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if the beta will allow for playing with friends or just random vs. matchmaking again?

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
After it releases on the Switch I'm sure we'll hear some shit on the news about how violent it is since people will surely be playing it out in public and bystanders will see some crazy shit they aren't ready for.

Not the sort of thing I was referring to but in any case. I think this is a very outdated mindset that perception that M Rated games aren't on Nintendo hardware, when we had stuff like House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes, or even Mad World on the Wii.

Also Nintendo pretty much got every single MK game release on their consoles, with the exception of MK9 and X, Every other mainline game in the franchise was available on a Nintendo uncompromised with it's full violence in some manner. The only one that was interestingly enough was the original MK on the SNES, of course MK2 and thereafter was a return to form though. In retrospect, MK2 was fairly solid port all things considered, especially comparable to how Street Fighter 2 / Turbo turned on the SNES.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If I recall correctly, Injustice 2 was centered mainly on the Earth-2 cast, and thus far, there have only been 2 worlds depicted in the games.

Everything in the MK11 trailer so far seems focused on 2 MK universes -- the one before MK9 and the one after it. Any word on additional worlds within the story mode, and if so, how would that play out?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
If I recall correctly, Injustice 2 was centered mainly on the Earth-2 cast, and thus far, there have only been 2 worlds depicted in the games.

Everything in the MK11 trailer so far seems focused on 2 MK universes -- the one before MK9 and the one after it. Any word on additional worlds within the story mode, and if so, how would that play out?

It's not so much seperate universe but rather timelines. There is only the old timeline and new timeline in the MK universe. Playing the games as far back as the original MK1, there isn't any other timelines. Only the two exist according to the lore.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I preordered from PSN, got no code..
Do we just re-download the network test and it somehow recognizes we preordered it when the servers go live?
It is called "Online Beta" on the download list. Even during the network test.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Do we just re-download the network test and it somehow recognizes we preordered it when the servers go live?
I was thinking maybe it would be possible to update the stress test download, but the more that I think about it they'll probably just send you an email telling you to download it with a code in the email (another download altogether).

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

PSN pre-orders never give out codes. They will just allow you to download the beta whenever it pops up to the store. And apparently this only happens when the beta starts, so no pre-loading :(

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i can imagine licensing and also making sure there balanced being a pain in the arse, and too much cost. Id vastly prefer the 6 characters to be 3 old characters and 3 brand new ones.

They could do what they did with MKX and make a second season pass that is guest characters.

I'd love to see MK stand on its own for once. Show that the franchise doesn't need guests.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
PSN pre-orders never give out codes. They will just allow you to download the beta whenever it pops up to the store. And apparently this only happens when the beta starts, so no pre-loading :(
The stress test was around 6GB iirc, so hopefully beta isn't much bigger. If that helps.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Blue scorpion is going to take awhile to get used to. I'm certain I'll fight them anticipating an ice ball only to get teleport punched .

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's not so much seperate universe but rather timelines. There is only the old timeline and new timeline in the MK universe. Playing the games as far back as the original MK1, there isn't any other timelines. Only the two exist according to the lore.

It doesn't actually seem like it's even two timelines in this game. Just some from the past and present. For example one user on the MK subreddit noticed this:

sotl84tcmco21.png

When young johnny get's cut, the cut then appears on older johnny. Meaning they'd have to be one and the same. If they were from two different timelines then nothing like that could happen.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
It doesn't actually seem like it's even two timelines in this game. Just some from the past and present. For example one user on the MK subreddit noticed this:

sotl84tcmco21.png

When young johnny get's cut, the cut then appears on older johnny. Meaning they'd have to be one and the same. If they were from two different timelines then nothing like that could happen.
How did Kung Lao kill his revenant version in the latest trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.