• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Holy shit we're getting a lot this Friday!

Making of MK11
New Character Trailer
First DLC character
Behind the Scenes
Story mode videos
and more

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
That kinda kills my excitement for today's Kombat Kast though. They're probably saving the good stuff for Friday and today's gonna be boring showings of stuff we've seen already.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming the 1st DLC character will be a guest. Will it be Spawn or Terminator?
It makes more sense to reveal Terminator at a public event since he's a much more mainstream character. Between Terminas becoming Geras and Boon's "familiar face" hint, I have a really good feeling about him.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
It makes more sense to reveal Terminator at a public event since he's a much more mainstream character. Between Terminas becoming Geras and Boon's "familiar face" hint, I have a really good feeling about him.

Interesting theory. For some reason I hadn't even considered the "familiar face" being a DLC guest but that makes a lot more sense. As much as I want Spawn, Terminator would be an awesome character. Looking forward to it.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A guest character being the first DLC reveal on Friday would fucking suck. I don't care about that, I want to see what MK characters are making it in.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A guest character being the first DLC reveal on Friday would fucking suck. I don't care about that, I want to see what MK characters are making it in.
Keep those expectations WAY in check then. MKX had 8 post-launch DLC characters, only half of which were Mortal Kombat characters, and of THOSE 4 DLC characters, 1 was Tremor making his fighting game debut outside of Special Forces, 1 was Triborg as a composite of all the cyborgs, and only Tanya and Bo Rai'Cho were characters with any merits in the actual Story Mode. Still can't believe they picked Bo Rai'Cho over Fujin, Rain, Sindel, Sareena, Smoke, etc....

So, yeah, keep those expectations firmly in check. We haven't gotten ONE guest character yet, and I would not be surprised if literally half the DLC will be guest characters like last time.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep those expectations WAY in check then. MKX had 8 post-launch DLC characters, only half of which were Mortal Kombat characters, and of THOSE 4 DLC characters, 1 was Tremor making his fighting game debut outside of Special Forces, 1 was Triborg as a composite of all the cyborgs, and only Tanya and Bo Rai'Cho were characters with any merits in the actual Story Mode. Still can't believe they picked Bo Rai'Cho over Fujin, Rain, Sindel, Sareena, Smoke, etc....

So, yeah, keep those expectations firmly in check. We haven't gotten ONE guest character yet, and I would not be surprised if literally half the DLC will be guest characters like last time.

Oh don't get me wrong I'm fine with guest characters being DLC, I've long accepted it ever since IGAU. I just don't want to see a guest character on Friday, that would be the most anti-hype thing possible for me lol.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
The only guest character that I've heard mentioned that would excite me is Pennywise, purely because they'd have to do crazy shit to make him a fighter or he'll be lame.

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
User Warned: inappropriate commentary, please don't use 'retarded' as a pejorative term
I really don't get where people get off on these Terminator will be a character ideas. Have you actually thought that through how that would work? Specifically if you look at the various fatalities we know so far how on earth would those work on The Terminator .... who is a machine basically (basically this may also be a clue why there are no Cyborg Ninjas in this game at all).

Not to mention that having The Terminator as a DLC character is totally retarded and dosen't fit the franchise at all. All the previous guest characters like Jason, Freddy. Alien, Predator, Leatherface, etc all fit in just fine with their horror backgrounds and the fact you know that they are all flesh and blood....

Just accept it that the codename TER was short for Terminas (or whatever it was) which got changed to Geras... probably because the name Terminas sounds stupid as hell....

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get where people get off on these Terminator will be a character ideas. Have you actually thought that through how that would work? Specifically if you look at the various fatalities we know so far how on earth would those work on The Terminator .... who is a machine basically (basically this may also be a clue why there are no Cyborg Ninjas in this game at all).
Terminator would work just fine with a metallic skeleton and synthetic organs. You're overthinking this.

refgAco.png

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not to mention that having The Terminator as a DLC character is totally retarded and dosen't fit the franchise at all. All the previous guest characters like Jason, Freddy. Alien, Predator, Leatherface, etc all fit in just fine with their horror backgrounds and the fact you know that they are all flesh and blood....

Just accept it that the codename TER was short for Terminas (or whatever it was) which got changed to Geras... probably because the name Terminas sounds stupid as hell....

Didn't have any issues with Triborg in MKX.

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
Terminator would work just fine with a metallic skeleton and synthetic organs. You're overthinking this.
Terminator is a machine made of metal that has synthetic skin outside. Just think about Scarlets secondary fatality where she makes your heart explode... so since when does a Terminator have a heart... how would that work?

I am not overthinking it i am just logical...

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
Didn't have any issues with Triborg in MKX.
Right i have thought about that but if i remember the cyborgs in MK have actual fleshy parts on the inside and are metal on the outside. So again going by my analogy above of scarlets secondary fatality. How exactly would that work on a classic T 800 terminator?

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Terminator is a machine made of metal that has synthetic skin outside. Just think about Scarlets secondary fatality where she makes your heart explode... so since when does a Terminator have a heart... how would that work?

"I am a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over metal." The Terminator could absolutely have a heart. Some Terminators in recent movies definitely have.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I imagine the DLC reveal will definitely be a guest character. If they announce someone like Reptile as DLC, people will just be mad that he's not in the base game. Guest character puts the carrot for the kombat pass out.

I'd personally like to see someone like Shredder make it in (Nickelodeon permitting).

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
"I am a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over metal." The Terminator could absolutely have a heart. Some Terminators in recent movies definitely have.
Ok. Lets take Barakas fatality then. Does a terminator have a fleshy brain as well that can be chewed into by Baraka? Or will he make himself a microchip sandwitch?

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017

Are you seriously concerned with logic in an MK game? How do the characters survive Crushing Blows? How do characters survive Fatalities in the story mode? Giving Terminator a synthetic heart would be near the bottom of the list of MK's realism concerns.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right i have thought about that but if i remember the cyborgs in MK have actual fleshy parts on the inside and are metal on the outside. So again going by my analogy above of scarlets secondary fatality. How exactly would that work on a classic T 800 terminator?

Triborg was not cyborg like Sektor/Cyrax/Smoke though. He was a full robot made by the SF.

The same as what a Terminator would be.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Off course they gonna bring all the goods on friday when i have to work :(

Well at least we gonna see Kotal and Erron or Jacqui in less than 2 hours.

My money is on Spawn on friday since its also a comic con.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
This cyborg/robot talk is getting scary. I'm worried we might devolve into power levels talk now. D'vorah is just a bunch of bugs put together and Leatherface is just a dude from texas with some issues.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This cyborg/robot talk is getting scary. I'm worried we might devolve into power levels talk now. D'vorah is just a bunch of bugs put together and Leatherface is just a dude from texas with some issues.
While I totally appreciate throwing all semblance of realism to the wind, MKX was just goofy in how it portrayed the strength of characters between certain fights and the immediate aftermath in cutscenes or other battles. MK9 nailed every second of its depictions, but MKX felt worse than saturday morning cartoons.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
While I totally appreciate throwing all semblance of realism to the wind, MKX was just goofy in how it portrayed the strength of characters between certain fights and the immediate aftermath in cutscenes or other battles. MK9 nailed every second of its depictions, but MKX felt worse than saturday morning cartoons.

MK9 had Stryker, an ordinary cop, beat up Kintaro and Ermac.

This series has never cared about power levels.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017

Kano was literally a Terminator rip-off dating back to the very first MK. Ninjas, Shaolin Monks, Elder Gods, Gunslingers, Mercenaries, Special Ops... This series isn't built around "horror backgrounds" just because it involves horror aspects and the majority of DLC guests have been horror icons. Terminator would most certainly fit in just fine and arguably a hell of a lot better than Jason and Leatherface. I get what you're saying about his organs and skeleton but him not fitting is a ridiculous argument.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I mean obviously if they have a named chapter, they're the chosen ones for that chapter and will win everything. Just destiny and green energy. Makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.