• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Without question. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Injustice 2 was running on a heavily modified Unreal Engine 3!
tumblr_oug1nqHrHQ1qhs7c2o2_400.gif
MK11 is as well.

radishbill

Apr 7, 2019
Robocop and Terminator? Who's next, Captain Kirk and Darth Vader? Lo Pan, Superman, every single Power Ranger?

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When were they a laughing stock? Outside maybe like MK4 I always thought MK's production values were always good for the time
The original Injustice comes to mind with how bad specifically the female characters were. Wonder Woman was an abomination. Also, Mortal Kombat vs DC was trash tier visually. I suppose the 3d ones weren't popular either due to their goofy style. MK9 didn't age well stylistically, but was great at the time.

Early games were cutting edge visually, and now the new ones are as well. They had a lull in the middle there for a bit. Mortal Kombat Deception was amazing though. I don't care what the haters say.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Have they ever made a game where the battle scars carry through out matches? Like when they land those powerful combos and punches and you get to see bones and skin being ripped off, i'd like to see characters show that damage not only in those close ups
SNK was the first to do it I believe, in Art of Fighting 1 and 2.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have they ever made a game where the battle scars carry through out matches? Like when they land those powerful combos and punches and you get to see bones and skin being ripped off, i'd like to see characters show that damage not only in those close ups
MK9 had this, and I think MKX did as well. MK9 recieved a lot of flack for it because of how much damage was on the character models. It was considered too much by many. IIRC, X was toned down a lot.

I want to say the earlier 3D MKs had it as well, DA, Deception, and Armageddon. I know at least one of them did (just bruises and swollen faces). It's been such a long time since I played them, I just don't remember the specifics.

Last edited:

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
god damn! Robocop's design is so perfect its gonna be weird/offputting seeing people custom his ass out. I saw a preview of a lot of different visors and wasn't a fan. I'll def be using classic!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
god damn! Robocop's design is so perfect its gonna be weird/offputting seeing people custom his ass out. I saw a preview of a lot of different visors and wasn't a fan. I'll def be using classic!
I saw a "damaged classic" and unmasked Murphy face, so those two are a given for me.

A few were close to the reboot version, but not quite there. Kind of surprised they didn't use it.
photo-61284.jpg

SimonSimon

Alt Account
Mar 26, 2020
It's hard to remember that Frank Miller wrote some great comics back in the day. I still have my issues from the original run.

Plus, art by Walt Simonson? What a bizarre and amazing combination.

What makes it even better is that it doesn't feel like a quick cash grab. They really put effort into intertwining the history of Robocop and Terminator. The way that the series ends with
An army of robocops fighting an army of terminators
is rad as hell.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Plus, art by Walt Simonson? What a bizarre and amazing combination.

What makes it even better is that it doesn't feel like a quick cash grab. They really put effort into intertwining the history of Robocop and Terminator. The way that the series ends with
An army of robocops fighting an army of terminators
is rad as hell.

Yeah, the plot was surprisingly good. Much more interesting than a normal cross-over comic event.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
We got the Murphy face?! Well at least the stiff ass animations make sense in this fight

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
In the words of Max Dood:

"This is like 2 drunk dads fighting in the parking lot of the little league game"

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
How is that The Terminator has guts and Robocop has full human skull. This game is on my games blacklist now.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Maybe some parts of this timeline aren't so bad.

still bothers me out of all the terminator designs they went with old man terminator

(I get it, it was to promote dark fate :/)
Original T2 should be a skin too I believe.

Just imagine what the next MK with unreal engine 5 will look like. The demo we saw with the PS5 might be impossible with a 20-30 hour game, but with fighting games it going to shine.
Injustice 2 made me care about DC. I felt it showed more love for the source material than any of the movies had and even made me like HARLEY of all characters. Underrated work imo

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
I want NR's next project to be a mash up of all these franchises. Let MK and Injustice rest for a while. It could also lead them to have more mechanics that would feel 'wrong' in a Mortal Kombat game.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
How is that The Terminator has guts and Robocop has full human skull. This game is on my games blacklist now.

Terminator has his endoskeleton and Robocop doesn't have a full human skull. His face is human but the rest of his bones are metal, you can see it in the Krushing Blow.

still bothers me out of all the terminator designs they went with old man terminator

(I get it, it was to promote dark fate :/)

There is multiple T2 Terminator skin.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Terminator has his endoskeleton and Robocop doesn't have a full human skull. His face is human but the rest of his bones are metal, you can see it in the Krushing Blow.

There is multiple T2 Terminator skin.
I know but in that video during the Robocop fatality scene, Terminator explodes in a mist of blood and guts while when the Xray camera is engaged during a Terminator uppercuting Robocop it shows normal bone skull.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
It's very surprising & amazing, even though MK11 is a terrible game. We haven't had something like this since Robocop Vs. The Terminator back in '93-'94 on SNES & Genesis.

We got the Murphy face?! Well at least the stiff ass animations make sense in this fight

Plus NRS have even gotten his original VA (Peter Weller).

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The "young" Terminator skins are actually just modern Arnold with slightly fewer wrinkles and less gray hair -- it's more of a mid-2000s look than an '80s/'90s look. Even the leather jacket, pants, and sunglasses are off-model. There must be some weird legal restrictions preventing NRS from including a proper classic Terminator, which is odd since a WWE game had accurate T1 and T2 Arnold models five years ago with the same StudioCanal copyright as MK11.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Just imagine what the next MK with unreal engine 5 will look like. The demo we saw with the PS5 might be impossible with a 20-30 hour game, but with fighting games it going to shine.
Kinda wonder when they'll make the jump. Like they never jumped to UE4 outside the mobile games.

Maybe they'll just continue with heavily customized engines.... UE4, 5...

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
I know but in that video during the Robocop fatality scene, Terminator explodes in a mist of blood and guts while when the Xray camera is engaged during a Terminator uppercuting Robocop it shows normal bone skull.
Yeah. Robocop's face is not actually a face. I may be remembering, but the only biological part Robocop keeps is his brain and spinal cord (and lungs? Maybe?). They could've salvaged his hand, but it was discarded (this got reversed in the remake, where they purposely kept the hand to make him look more human and be able to shake hands).

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I don't even think MK11 is really UE3 anymore. NRS said it's radically different. The face and mo-cap tech looks proprietary and absurdly expensive (production values-wise).

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Love MK 11, but all this stuff just gets me hype for the inevitable DC fighter on the horizon. It's cool how their pattern of switching off each franchise allows the other to grow substantially off of whatever is learned in the other game

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Any reason why Robocop's visor kept disappearing during the fatalities/fatal blows?
It's a little weird that it just doesn't stay off after he eats the super or whatever they call it in MK.

And yeah, kinda sucks that the pistol isn't that terrifying burst shot you see in the movie.

Dec 20, 2017
Ash got leaked, would be pretty funny if they threw Harry in there as well.

Unfortunately whether Ash is coming is still up in the air in spite of the leak; NRS wants him in but they've been having rights issues (Joker's spot was originally supposed to belong to Ash, which is why the first DLC teaser had a chainsaw sound effect). We won't know if he's coming until NRS can officially announce that he is.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Any reason why Robocop's visor kept disappearing during the fatalities/fatal blows?
That's actually something that happens to all masked characters. The masks often just disappear during them.

Unfortunately whether Ash is coming is still up in the air in spite of the leak; NRS wants him in but they've been having rights issues (Joker's spot was originally supposed to belong to Ash, which is why the first DLC teaser had a chainsaw sound effect). We won't know if he's coming until NRS can officially announce that he is.
Every sign pointed to Ash being a very last-minute issue. All his intro dialogue was datamined ages ago. When they announced the Kombat Pack on the store, they actually even forgot to swap his name out for Joker's...
q53783whjuh31.jpg

Apparently there's been some weird legal issues with the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness rights as well. It even affected Ash vs. Evil Dead, where they ran into rights complications.

I'm not sure what happened, but given how much work was done, it had to have been a literal last-minute hitch. Whether they can work that out or not, who knows? I hope they can, though. We all know he'd be a perfect fit.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that a half-finished Ash is just lying around on NRS' servers. I can't imagine how much time and money was wasted.