• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Weren't there supposed to be five characters this time? I only see the three from last time.

SighofBoredom

Feb 7, 2019
Anyone pre order from amazon get a weird code? I pre order the Xbox one version and they sent me a 14 character code which obviously won't work or Xbox not PlayStation since they use 16 and 12 characters.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ping is usually either full or missing one bar and I'm getting declined matches non stop. Do tall wanna play or not? I know I have a bad shitty record but jesus christ.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
does someone who has psn asian account able to access the beta?
I already redeem my code but I find it in psn.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I played a few matches so far (5 total), I played like 4-5 matches straight with one person over and over, we went like 3-2 in a FT5, the other two I won. Then I faced two other people that literally just spammed the same combos over and over. I just figured out how to block and now I'm trying to figure out how to meter burn which I can't figure out at all lol

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
I played a few matches so far (5 total), I played like 4-5 matches straight with one person over and over, we went like 3-2 in a FT5, the other two I won. Then I faced two other people that literally just spammed the same combos over and over. I just figured out how to block and now I'm trying to figure out how to meter burn which I can't figure out at all lol

Came to ask the same thing. Whats with the meter this time around.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Came to ask the same thing. Whats with the meter this time around.
It's R1/RB.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
It's different, even with that button. Only way I can get it to work is by hitting RB after inputting the move. It's not like previously, where you hold RB while inputting.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
D2rWZ1wXcAIGogj.jpg:large

Can spend the whole beta just customising tbh. Game is insanely good.

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
I wish it was a different build of the game like they showed on the Kombat Kast. Everyone still has a pitiful forward dash which might as well not even exist because it's not even better than walking forward. I really wanted to play with the increased movement speed they showed off last week. That being said Kabal and Jade are really damn fun to play as.

OP
OP
BurnKnuckle21

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah I've noticed you have to be more precise in this one.

Also, updated the title as the dates were wrong.

Thanks for the edit. I also forgot to add the "11" after "Mortal Kombat"...

The meter burn timing seems a bit funky. I noticed this in the stress test as well. Seems like it will work sometimes and not others.

Cyros

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain to me the crushing blow thing?
Certain moves trigger a Krushing Blow when certain conditions are met. The Krushing blow adds different effects such as increased damage, damage over time, or become a launcher/pop-up for added combo potential.

Example: Jacqui Briggs has a krushing blow off her superman punch when it connects from max distance. Other conditions include hitting as a whiff punish, counter attack, or landing in a combo over X amount of hits.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Can anyone explain to me the crushing blow thing?
What Cyros said and another detail.

You can make it so that doing a Krushing Blow is optional by holding down the appropriate button. I believe Baraka in particular can do the same special twice in the same combo but since the Krushing Blow ends the combo with a Damage over Time effect, its best to not do the krushing blow version first and then do the KB version at the end of the combo.

You can only do a particular Krushing Blow once per match. So if you pulled it off, then you can't do it again for the remainder of the match.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I spent so much time on injustice. Forgot about Mk. No way to guard with just going back ?

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I spent whole yesterday evening playing the beta and I think this is already best Mortal Kombat game I have ever played since MK2 arcade.

It is a massive improvement from MKX. The visuals, music, and most importantly gameplay are so much better.

Now only if they could add human Smoke to the game...

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Played my first lot of online matches there (in Europe so no access to the stress test).

This game rules. It took me awhile to feel confident enough to go online but I've had a great experience so far. Even getting some wins!

I had a bug where it reverted to the stress test version when I first booted it up, but I restarted and it fixed itself. Very odd.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to grab a beta code? I just preordered on amazon, will they email me a code? Any idea how long it'll take? Anyone have an extra code? (Ps4)

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I played through the tower and a few online matches with Skarlet and Kabal, the game looks great. But something about the gameplay feels off and killed my excitement about the game right there.
It's hard to describe, it feels slow and like a bit clunky. It's like the feeling I had 2 years ago when I went from Tekken 7 to Injustice 2. But now I played MKXand IJ2 a few times the last few weeks in anticipation, so it's not the feeling you get when coming from other fighting games to a NRS game.
Special moves need some time to trigger and aren't coming out immediately, it feels like a have to literally dial the whole combo before the first move even comes out, movement feels slow and not responsive as usual. Juggling seems harder to do than in previous entries, bit I guess that's intentional.
I turned off Negative Edge immediately before even starting the first round, but are there other options that I should toggle? I imagine I have to play around with some gameplay options?

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I swear to fucking christ that Hard AI Baraka is in the level of impossible SNK bosses, fuck that guy so much.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Special moves need some time to trigger and aren't coming out immediately, it feels like a have to literally dial the whole combo before the first move even comes out, movement feels slow and not responsive as usual.

Uh oh...that turned me off of Injustice 2. :/ I never played an MK, so I hoped MK11 would maybe be a bit different to IJ in that regard. Seems it isn't?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Definitely keeping my preorder. Having a blast with this so far. All five characters in the beta are fun to play.