• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 4, 2018
It is actually 50 of them, not 30. I guess I am an idiot. I dont see that anywhere. I see # I have unlocked but not how many I have performed.

Regardless, 50 with each character is kinda insane and I missed out on the glitch....
There's no way to see how many you've performed (edit: for each character, to specify. you can see total fatality count on your kombat kard). :( Like Hilbert said above, it's 25 now and brutalities -apparently- count. By that metric, if you're fighting against the whole roster pretty evenly, heads should start popping around the 625 fatality/brutality mark. It's also possible to grind but an absolute chore, I had to do so with Shao Kahn since he doesn't show up for me in regular tower fights. Good luck!

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
No Shang trailer was super disappointing. I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch the top 8.

Speaking of Shang, a majority of the characters seem to wield some nature of weapon. What do we think he'll have?

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
No Shang trailer was super disappointing. I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch the top 8.

Speaking of Shang, a majority of the characters seem to wield some nature of weapon. What do we think he'll have?
I think he'll mainly be a sorcerer, but I could see him summoning his sword from Deadly Alliance and Armageddon for a few attacks.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

His revolver, obviously.

maxresdefault.jpg

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It is actually 50 of them, not 30. I guess I am an idiot. I dont see that anywhere. I see # I have unlocked but not how many I have performed.

Regardless, 50 with each character is kinda insane and I missed out on the glitch....
Just to be clear, it's 50 (well, 25) on each character, not with. So you have to fatality (or brutality) Noob 25 times to get his head, and not do 25 fatalities with Noob.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a single costume I don't have has come up in the store for about a week. Feels good, man.

Pretty done with the krypt and grind, but I'll still go for the weekly Race against time. You can get in the top for the week in an afternoon.

I will say that some costumes are oddly missing from the shrine. I think the Vaults may have their own list of exclusive items, but I'm not sure. I will say when you start running out of costumes to unlock the shrine gets even worse as you start getting more augments than costumes. NRS really needs to fix this sort of thing. It's long and bad enough as is, but for it to give you an augment when costumes are available is incredibly lame.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Combo Breaker and KitanaPrime's performance inspired me to try and get better with Jade. It's been rough but I think I'm getting the hang of her.

She's a very cool character, Jaded Alyx has beat me up with her many times at this point.

Not a single costume I don't have has come up in the store for about a week. Feels good, man.

Pretty done with the krypt and grind, but I'll still go for the weekly Race against time. You can get in the top for the week in an afternoon.

I will say that some costumes are oddly missing from the shrine. I think the Vaults may have their own list of exclusive items, but I'm not sure. I will say when you start running out of costumes to unlock the shrine gets even worse as you start getting more augments than costumes. NRS really needs to fix this sort of thing. It's long and bad enough as is, but for it to give you an augment when costumes are available is incredibly lame.

I couldn't care any less about Raiden so I'm not bothering with this week's race but I still check the towers to see if there's a new one up and I haven't seen a tower I haven't completed in over a week. Its insane to me that this is a thing.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't care any less about Raiden so I'm not bothering with this week's race but I still check the towers to see if there's a new one up and I haven't seen a tower I haven't completed in over a week. Its insane to me that this is a thing.
Yeah, I've been having that as well. I was just going for the towers with a koin reward, but I don't need them anymore. There's one tower with a hidden key in brutal difficulty I still need, and that's really it. Only the 3 day and 12-hour towers have anything to offer. Also, any tower with Stolen Riches as the reward. Using Skarlet in Endless with a certain augment and Stolen Riches nets you about 55-60k a match and you can just let the AI run it. Get over a million in just one run.

Now I get to actually play though, and that feels good.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've been having that as well. I was just going for the towers with a koin reward, but I don't need them anymore. There's one tower with a hidden key in brutal difficulty I still need, and that's really it. Only the 3 day and 12-hour towers have anything to offer. Also, any tower with Stolen Riches as the reward. Using Skarlet in Endless with a certain augment and Stolen Riches nets you about 55-60k a match and you can just let the AI run it. Get over a million in just one run.

Oh nice. I haven't used any stolen riches since the first week or two since I basically can't do anything on my PC while its going on because the game auto-pauses when tabbed out. I also don't really need koins at this point, once I got maskless Kitana I was pretty much done with the krypt.

Feb 4, 2018

I'm gonna have to try this. I've been doing Stolen Riches on Endless but that alone only nets about 6k a match.

Wasn't trying to get into top 5 this week, but I'm here anyway. Can't wait for this stupid shrine to give me the masks already so I can be done with grinding forever lol.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I started learning Jacqui properly last night. God. Damn. Everything about her is sublime. She just flows. I've barely scratched the surface with her, but I'm already in love.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Swapped from Noob to Baraka awhile back and really enjoy him, his crushing blows are so much easier to pull off without having to go out of your way.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I started learning Jacqui properly last night. God. Damn. Everything about her is sublime. She just flows. I've barely scratched the surface with her, but I'm already in love.

She is awesome. I'll never be good at using her string cancels but she's super fun to play. You couldn't pay me to feign interest in Jacqui in MKX... and in 11 she's one of my favorite characters.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just to be clear, it's 50 (well, 25) on each character, not with. So you have to fatality (or brutality) Noob 25 times to get his head, and not do 25 fatalities with Noob.
I'm pretty sure brutalities don't do it. I've never gotten a head for doing a brutality, only fatalities.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm fairly casual when it comes to fighting games but am I right in thinking the ranked system really sucks in MK11? I feel like there's nothing to work towards, I'd love leagues so I could work from bronze to silver to gold etc. Plus it seems off when it puts me against someone with 600 matches when I have 10.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
so Sub-Zero question?
Dead Of Winter ? or Thin Ice?

Both are pretty solid. Dead of Winter gives you the meterburn ice ball which just wins the zoning game. Thin Ice still has the slide though, so that gives you the 50/50 games. Play the one you enjoy most.

I'm fairly casual when it comes to fighting games but am I right in thinking the ranked system really sucks in MK11? I feel like there's nothing to work towards, I'd love leagues so I could work from bronze to silver to gold etc. Plus it seems off when it puts me against someone with 600 matches when I have 10.

Its barely a ranked mode. Feels like the only thing that makes it "ranked" is it restricts you to the two tournament variations and you have to play a FT3. There's zero matchmaking, it just matches you against the first person waiting.

Oct 26, 2017

Kombat League should theoretically solve that problem, but yes--MK11's ranked is kinda wack.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Kombat League, we THINK will be a real ranked mode. It's in 2 weeks if it doesn't get shadow delayed again.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Fingers crossed for Kombat League then. Another niggle I have is first to 3, it just feels a bit long, I much prefer the best of 3.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
lol man. My daily challenge is "win 1 ranked match" so I played a ranked set. Won 3-1... and the challenge still says 0/1.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Fingers crossed for Kombat League then. Another niggle I have is first to 3, it just feels a bit long, I much prefer the best of 3.
I think NRS is going to have to figure out what they want competitive to look like. As it stands, default variations are not tournament variations. Ranked limits you, but a lot of people play competitively with default loadouts without realizing they aren't actually playing tournament legal versions of their characters. On top of that, Ranked is FT3, but many tournaments, Combo Breaker included, have been FT2.

Hoping that along with the Kombat Pack info we get some additional quality of life changes to the game (from Kombat League to addressing the above to better ways to zero in on the gear you want, to better rewards for playing online).

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I think NRS is going to have to figure out what they want competitive to look like. As it stands, default variations are not tournament variations. Ranked limits you, but a lot of people play competitively with default loadouts without realizing they aren't actually playing tournament legal versions of their characters. On top of that, Ranked is FT3, but many tournaments, Combo Breaker included, have been FT2.

Hoping that along with the Kombat Pack info we get some additional quality of life changes to the game (from Kombat League to addressing the above to better ways to zero in on the gear you want, to better rewards for playing online).

Is NRS usually good at post-launch care? I tend to flop out before now but I'm really enjoying MK11, hell it's the first time I've bought a season pass. And yeah it's totally bizarre and confusing having the default loadouts not be the tournament legal ones, it feels like something that should have been fixed weeks ago.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure brutalities don't do it. I've never gotten a head for doing a brutality, only fatalities.
I did get heads from brutalities, but I agree that it's not something 100% confirmed yet, so it's better to focus on fatalities until you get them all.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice. I haven't used any stolen riches since the first week or two since I basically can't do anything on my PC while its going on because the game auto-pauses when tabbed out. I also don't really need koins at this point, once I got maskless Kitana I was pretty much done with the krypt.
Yeah, I get that. It took me forever to get Skarlet's. I was going for Skarlet's Man Trap Skin this whole time, and it was LITERALLY the last costume for her I could unlock (barring "???" and ToT costumes that haven't come up yet). It was her 50th costume unlock, and most people get it pretty early on as it's a Mortal Drop. RNG just hates me in this game.

Anyway, the Augment is called "Revel in Carnage." It's the fire icon augment under her blood viles. You get the regular match bonus, then if she performs a Fatality you get 5-9k for Revel in Carnage, and with the Stolen Riches it multiplies by 10 up to 50-90k. However, the game has a hard cap on bonuses at 50k, so it gets banged down to 50k. Ultimately ending in the 50-60k range.

iUN1was.png

I'm gonna have to try this. I've been doing Stolen Riches on Endless but that alone only nets about 6k a match.

Wasn't trying to get into top 5 this week, but I'm here anyway. Can't wait for this stupid shrine to give me the masks already so I can be done with grinding forever lol.
Just a repeat of what I told him, "the Augment is called "Revel in Carnage." It's the fire icon augment under her blood viles. You get the regular match bonus, then if she performs a Fatality you get 5-9k for Revel in Carnage, and with the Stolen Riches it multiplies by 10 up to 50-90k. However, the game has a hard cap on bonuses at 50k, so it gets banged down to 50k. Ultimately ending in the 50-60k range."

Last edited:

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
BlueBomberX - you got Man Trap! Was it in the shrine, or a chest? I'm after that one, and Edinian Blue.

Xeteh, I wanted to like Jacqui in X. She had some sweet tools, but she just didn't click with me. But this Jacqui is like butter. Also, I saw her ending. I thought Jax had the best one, but fucking tears at Jacqui's. "It's what a Briggs does."

I loved the idea of Sonya's Yog-Sothoth Warriors ending, but of course it's butchered by Rhonda. With a real VA, it would be up there with the Briggs' endings.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BlueBomberX - you got Man Trap! Was it in the shrine, or a chest? I'm after that one, and Edinian Blue.

Xeteh, I wanted to like Jacqui in X. She had some sweet tools, but she just didn't click with me. But this Jacqui is like butter. Also, I saw her ending. I thought Jax had the best one, but fucking tears at Jacqui's. "It's what a Briggs does."

I loved the idea of Sonya's Yog-Sothoth Warriors ending, but of course it's butchered by Rhonda. With a real VA, it would be up there with the Briggs' endings.
I got Man Trap in a Kronika vault. It's definitely not in the shrine. I've pretty much exhausted it at this point... I get like 5-6 augments before I get a skin now (Was like this before I got Man Trap). So, there may be a few more costumes in there, but I feel it's safe to say Man Trap wasn't one of them. Also, Kitana's Edenian Blue is not in the shrine either. There's 1-2 costumes per character marked as "Krypt" that you can't seem to get in the Shrine or even in regular chests. Edenian Blue still eludes me; I think it may also be in a vault. However, if you've opened Kitana's Heart Chest you'll have Marigold. If you select Marigold with the Start button on the select screen it becomes Edenian Blue. I have her two other human skins in blue though.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I got Man Trap in a Kronika vault. It's definitely not in the shrine. I've pretty much exhausted it at this point... I get like 5-6 augments before I get a skin now. So, there may be a few more costumes in there, but I feel it's safe to say Man Trap wasn't one of them. Also, Kitana's Edenian Blue is not in the shrine either. There's 1-2 costumes per character marked as "Krypt" that you can't seem to get in the Shrine or even in regular chests. Edenian Blue still eludes me, I think it may also be in a vault. However, if you've opened Kitana's Heart Chest you'll have Marigold. If you select Marigold with the Start button on the select screen it becomes Edenian Blue. I have her two other human skins in blue though.

That's super useful info - thank you! I'll stop dumping koins into the shrine, and just work on hunting for vaults, and re-popping chests and soul spires. The Marigold trick is cool, but I need the real thing! Fortunately the costume you get from story mode is a decent runner up. I'm not so wild about the other one.

Oct 28, 2017
Skarlet seems pretty cool. People seem to expect her to zone and not get up in their face.

I got a question though. The move on her second variation where she pulls the opponent towards her. What does the amped version do? Does it let her recover faster to attack first?

Edit: Also there are like 10 characters I want to learn and I can't make up my mind. Usually I only ever find one or two but I get the feeling I'm going to end up learning most of kast by the time I'm done.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
You have advantage, it just isn't much. Most Skarlet players tend to use the other variation for the parry and teleport.