• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Finally got that Platinum trophy. Feels good man. First MK I've been able to get all the trophies for. The other two modern MK games have had really ridiculous trophy lists.

Congrats! I'm getting really close, 86% unlocked right now. KOTH is going to be the biggest of my remaining ones to get, the rest are just performing Fatalities with some of the characters. :)

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yay, I finally got my first severed head after 474 fatalities and 123 brutalities. Scorpion down, all the rest to go!

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I'm up to the Crushing Blows stage, assumed they meant 5 per tower, not 5 per fight, and then facepalmed and gave up.

Just read that it's 5 Crushing Blows total, not per match. I'm relieved, but also frustrated. I did far, far more CBs than were required, specifically ones that I knew the game counted after farming them for character towers. So idfk

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing Shao Kahn's 75k tower with the 25 Krushing Blows requirement, so I ran through the survival ladder performing a Krushing Blow in each fight, but the tower says I've performed 0/25 Krushing Blows. What did I do wrong? I just wasted half an hour on this.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing Shao Kahn's 75k tower with the 25 Krushing Blows requirement, so I ran through the survival ladder performing a Krushing Blow in each fight, but the tower says I've performed 0/25 Krushing Blows. What did I do wrong? I just wasted half an hour on this.

Some just don't register at all for whatever reason. Pretty fun stuff.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Only his uppercut seems to work. A ton of KBs are glitched and don't count.

Waiting for a fix...but probably not happening until the first DLC character patch. Hopefully early next week.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's not just the damage but the fact that they're all just activated by counter. So basically get hit by any of those moves during the startup of an attack and you're fucked.
Yeah, but the damage is also an issue. Like Baraka can Krushing Blow on F44 as a counter, but the damage increase is small, so it's only really useful for creating corner combos. Meanwhile virtually all of Geras's Krushing blows do just absurd damage in addition to being activated on counter.

I did uppercut and the backbreaker (activated by having the taunt debuff on the opponent) krushing blows to complete it. Seems like both of those worked.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yeah, but the damage is also an issue. Like Baraka can Krushing Blow on F44 as a counter, but the damage increase is small, so it's only really useful for creating corner combos. Meanwhile virtually all of Geras's Krushing blows do just absurd damage in addition to being activated on counter.
Oh for sure, it's a combination of the two for sure. But I wouldn't mind the damage so much if they were hard to pull off, or at least took some skill, because you wouldn't see them used as much.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018

Ha! You thought all modes counted/all krushing blows counted.

What a foolish assumption dear time wasting player. No we didnt playtest this.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh for sure, it's a combination of the two for sure. But I wouldn't mind the damage so much if they were hard to pull off, or at least took some skill, because you wouldn't see them used as much.
I think the one that pisses me off the most is Sand Trap. 320 damage for a counter hit on a projectile with no travel time that ends with you right next to Geras. It's like NRS wanted to give a hearty fuck you to people trying to zone him.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, wow. Thanks. The patch can't get here soon enough.

That 's me just speculating about patch timing.
The first Red Hood gameplay trailer for Inj2 was shown at Combo Breaker, so them showing Shang Tsung this weekend there would seem likely. A patch next week right after the tourney would also make sense for timing, even if the actual character doesn't drop until later. iirc, the Inj2 new character patches hit a little before the characters actually came out. You may remember better than me though.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The first Red Hood gameplay trailer for Inj2 was shown at Combo Breaker, so them showing Shang Tsung this weekend there would seem likely. A patch next week right after the tourney would also make sense for timing, even if the actual character doesn't drop until later. iirc, the Inj2 new character patches hit a little before the characters actually came out. You may remember better than me though.
I think you're right about that.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Was Red Hood shown before Combo Breaker? I don't remember if they revealed him ahead of time like they did with Shang Tsung.

I'm crossing my fingers for next week

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Was Red Hood shown before Combo Breaker? I don't remember if they revealed him ahead of time like they did with Shang Tsung.

I'm crossing my fingers for next week

I just looked it up and aside from the initial reveal video, he put a pic on Twitter right before CB '17, but the first actual gameplay footage was shown there, intro'd by Boon.

Safe bet for similar this weekend.

Last edited:

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
It's funny how some characters struggle to get off even up to 2 KBs due to dumb requirements or just lack of existing, but they gave Geras so many. Like why even nerf (from beta) Scorp's F3,4 KB requirements if you're gonna give Geras so many in one tourney variation? LMAO.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Do people really not understand that they can use the consumables listed under their name during group battles or am I missing a reason why people are straight up not using them

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*raises hand*
I have so much regret getting all the achievements in MK9.

I don't have PSN right now, so all I'm missing are the online achievements in MK11.
Damn. I gotta ask, how long did it actually take you to do this?
Do people really not understand that they can use the consumables listed under their name during group battles or am I missing a reason why people are straight up not using them
I'm guessing they don't even know they're there. They probably put the match full screen and just wait for their turn.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017

I did it tonight, I just did the uppercut one and reset the match, it seemed faster than doing a whole match.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's funny how some characters struggle to get off even up to 2 KBs due to dumb requirements or just lack of existing, but they gave Geras so many. Like why even nerf (from beta) Scorp's F3,4 KB requirements if you're gonna give Geras so many in one tourney variation? LMAO.
By the end of a set Geras has broken every single bone in the human body.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still dont know how to pull costantly on the shot with Erron on pad

I use at times a shortcut that is 2,1,1,1+2, but sometimes pressing 1+2 triggers an interaction

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Been learning Baraka. So much damage. My bnb right now is 112(or b31), gutted EX, jumpin 1, f4, then either KB gutted or chop chop.

I'm not getting rid of his gutted ability any time soon, but I'm willing to part with his other Marauder preset ability, the one that gives three extra attacks. I've tried his other abilities, but haven't found one that's blowing me away. Any recommendations?

Nov 7, 2017
Been learning Baraka. So much damage. My bnb right now is 112(or b31), gutted EX, jumpin 1, f4, then either KB gutted or chop chop.

I'm not getting rid of his gutted ability any time soon, but I'm willing to part with his other Marauder preset ability, the one that gives three extra attacks. I've tried his other abilities, but haven't found one that's blowing me away. Any recommendations?
If youre talking about custom variation I would do gutted and war banner bash i guess to get the flag out safely. i would say spine burst but you lose chop chop. Baraka is just so good with anything rly

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'm late to this, but only KBs that aren't tied to a kustom move/kombo will count. Jax's f+2 > grab KB won't register, but his full charge b+2 will, as an example.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I still dont know how to pull costantly on the shot with Erron on pad

I use at times a shortcut that is 2,1,1,1+2, but sometimes pressing 1+2 triggers an interaction

Because 1+2 is a shortcut for interactions. You can disable that under controls, iirc. Though it'll probably also disable 1+3 for throw.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
It's so satisfying whenever I beat a geras or Erron with shit tier D'vorah lmao.

She's much better than she's given kredit for.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell is Jax supposed to fight a character like Jade? This is so dumb. And why is neutral jump on wake up a viable option? I dont know why I expected more from an NRS game.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell is Jax supposed to fight a character like Jade? This is so dumb. And why is neutral jump on wake up a viable option? I dont know why I expected more from an NRS game.

You can neutral jump a meaty? o_0

And I don't see the issue with the Jax vs. Jade matchup. How is it any different from Jacqui vs. any zoning character?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
By the end of a set Geras has broken every single bone in the human body.

LMFAO. I'm going to name my Geras variation "Khiropractor".

1. As someone who plays a ton of fighting games, neutral jump on wakeup isn't solely an Mk11 thing and if it works... Who cares? If you think the opponent is gonna do it then anti air them or walk back. I prefer to use delayed wakeup.

2. Jax tips:
Getting zoned out? You have several options.
A) use your heat up buff command to shoot fireballs (or whatever they're called) when you can but this option is a lot more viable if you're already heated up from attacking at close range.
B) having trouble with getting in? F4 is a good tool to cover a lot of ground after countering your opponent's projectile with your grenade launcher.
C) pound the ground. Condition them to jumping to avoid it, mix that shit up with grenade launcher.

Edit 2: your NRS comment is silly lol. It's not the game's fault you aren't utilizing all options.

Last edited:

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Watched the MKTomBrady video hoping for help with facing Geras.

"You see, all you have to do is duck and flawless block the second hit"

Goddamnit

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
LMFAO. I'm going to name my Geras variation "Khiropractor".

1. As someone who plays a ton of fighting games, neutral jump on wakeup isn't solely an Mk11 thing and if it works... Who cares? If you think the opponent is gonna do it then anti air them or walk back. I prefer to use delayed wakeup.

2. Jax tips:
Getting zoned out? You have several options.
A) use your heat up buff command to shoot fireballs (or whatever they're called) when you can but this option is a lot more viable if you're already heated up from attacking at close range.
B) having trouble with getting in? F4 is a good tool to cover a lot of ground after countering your opponent's projectile with your grenade launcher.
C) pound the ground. Condition them to jumping to avoid it, mix that shit up with grenade launcher.

Edit 2: your NRS comment is silly lol. It's not the game's fault you aren't utilizing all options.
1. Not nearly as much in this game as in others for me.

2A. This doesnt work against Jade. She an aura that nullifies projectiles. Getting in and staying there is extremely difficult because of how meter works. She has an air projectile that is plus on block that I have to respect ANY time she jumps into the air.

2B. F4 is a good button but not when it whiffs against a crouching character doing a d3. All this Jade player did was space with Projectiles and anytime I was within F4 range they would whiff d3. After the whiff they would do Nitro Kick and could amplify it to make me respect it if I try to punish. None of Jax moves are far reaching or fast enough to punish the whiff. F3 and F2 are too stuby. B1 is a slow high. Bf2 is too slow. I would get punished for doing it because she recovered too quickly, or we traded. And in the event it did hit, I only put more space between us meaning she gets to go back to playing her game.

2C. Does not work because of what I said earlier. Plus on Block Air Projectiles and her Aura.

I'm not one to really complain about matchups but that one is just plain unfun. I literally cant sustain any offense until I get her to the corner and then If I do she can just use Amplify Kick to switch sides regardless of whether I punish or not.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Msg of the day

Don't forget, roll on wakeup is your friend. I've been using it a lot with great success.