• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it confirmed that the Shrine dupes are only for gears and no skins? I don't see a patch dropping until after Combo Breaker and my my stash is itching.
From what I can tell, that's the case. I just dumped 11 million into skins today. No dupes.
I didn't either! And after trying it in training mode... This is something some crazy people will definitely be able to consistently hit confirm. It's not that demanding, you can definitely do it on reaction, it just takes absurd nerves and discipline to safely do in an actual match.
Wouldn't you simply buffer your input and only hit the final button if it confirms? That's how it usually works, but NRS games are strange timing wise.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Is it confirmed that the Shrine dupes are only for gears and no skins? I don't see a patch dropping until after Combo Breaker and my my stash is itching.

Apparently you get dupes because the game doesn't see gear at different levels as the same piece. So I'm guessing skins should be fine.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What is it with my luck with fighting games and the lag? I swear it's never this noticeable on any other genre.

Then as soon as I go to private lobby with others it comes down to a consistent sub 30. It's really ruining the experience.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
From what I can tell, that's the case. I just dumped 11 million into skins today. No dupes.
Wouldn't you simply buffer your input and only hit the final button if it confirms? That's how it usually works, but NRS games are strange timing wise.
Hit confirms varies a lot among the strings of each character, this one specifically has a wider window input than normal but it's very tricky to pull it off consistently in the heat of an actual fight. Every single option from it is extremely unsafe so to master using Shao Khan you have to consistently hit the opponent with it (being safe) and only canceling it into a special if it hits (if blocked rip 30% of your help at least).

It's a great tool because it's literally the only safe pressure tool Shao Khan has, but unless you are very dedicated to the character you will never be able to actually make use of it. And as a result he will be a very unsafe and underwhelming character.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah unless it's private lobbies I don't think I can play ranked or kasual. It felt smooth in the beta and during launch day. I'm guessing it's because it was before servers really got hammered when people started picking it up. Not having anything register is getting old.

Damn shame too because I wanna get better at fighters but there's only so much you can learn against the CPU lol. Real people will always be the best option.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I just accidentally did a fatality on a guy online by pressing forward circle trying to kick them once. This somehow triggered the full down down forward circle fatality from Cassie. Just super crazy negative edge going on or something? Something wierd happened.

In other news, the win 1 ranked match daily will not count any of my ranked wins as wins.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I just accidentally did a fatality on a guy online by pressing forward circle trying to kick them once. This somehow triggered the full down down forward circle fatality from Cassie. Just super crazy negative edge going on or something? Something wierd happened.

In other news, the win 1 ranked match daily will not count any of my ranked wins as wins.

Just be a cool guy and shoot them in the shin!

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there's anyone that plays Kitana or wants her maskless face, I found out that there's a super easy way to get it. You put money in the Shrine until you get it. That's it. Good luck farming. But not me anymore because I got it. And maskless Skarlet too. And OG Ninja Scorpion.

mortalkombat11_2019050qktc.jpg

Please show me your salt, if applicable.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
If there's anyone that plays Kitana or wants her maskless face, I found out that there's a super easy way to get it. You put money in the Shrine until you get it. That's it. Good luck farming. But not me anymore because I got it. And maskless Skarlet too. And OG Ninja Scorpion.

What do you mean maskless? That's clearly the Tokido Mask she's wearing.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017

How much did you spend at the shrine?

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
They should compelety remove requirements for character towers, It's so pointless.

Yep. It disincentivises playing new characters, and surely they want players to mix things up to keep online interesting.

Towers are the way to get most of a character's Brutalities, and all of their Victory and Intro clips. That's a great invective to play the towers, and in so doing, learn a new character. Farming Fatal Blows is something you will never, ever do with anyone you're not super into using.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017

Wait, you got OG Ninja scorpion from the shrine? I've only heard of it being awarded from AI Battles.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you got OG Ninja scorpion from the shrine? I've only heard of it being awarded from AI Battles.
Oh yes I got it from the AI battles. I just wanted to brag that I had it. And maskless Skarlet. And Kabal. And Kitana. And Jade. And Frost.

I got so much cool stuff. I can't fathom using Skarlet and Kitana with masks. Only PEONS do that. It's such an outrage, that such players should switch characters ASAP. May I suggest D'Vorah or Kano?

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Sonic Fox's tier list. He's the first one brave enough to appropriately place Sub Zero IMO, scrubs think he's God on earth but truth is once you fight someone that can fuzzy guard his gimmick he's left with a pitiful neutral and mediocre damage. Thin Ice is the only viable variation and as long as you can react to the slide, he has literally nothing else of value.

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/1131031603810099200?s=09

Sub Zero is a character you have to commit. He's not like Erron Black where he can do his Overhead and then cancel it to d,d,3 and make it safe or into his slide without spending meter.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was banned during the Thanos snap at the time and just remembered I had a question I wanted to ask:

Did they ever release a full version of the MK theme remix from the launch trailer?

Ohnonono

Oct 29, 2017
Holy Terra
I don't understand the flow of the crypt. I opened a bunch of stuff, blow up some walls and now am just at a bunch of dead ends. It looks like I can forge stuff in there? WTF is going on ? I got all these dumb bux to spend in there.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Hope we get a Shang Tsung reveal soon. I'm ready.
Im pretty confident we gonna get a Shang trailer this weekend at Combo Breaker.

Its gonna be 1 month after release, its in Chicago and they even promote it ingame with the Tournament stage.

There is even a Kombat Kast with the Tournament Organizer today so all points towards Combo Breaker.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Im pretty confident we gonna get a Shang trailer this weekend at Combo Breaker.

Its gonna be 1 month after release, its in Chicago and they even promote it ingame with the Tournament stage.

There is even a Kombat Kast with the Tournament Organizer today so all points towards Combo Breaker.
Ohhhh yeah, of course.

Sweet.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I can't fathom using Skarlet and Kitana with masks. Only PEONS do that. It's such an outrage, that such players should switch characters ASAP. May I suggest D'Vorah or Kano?

Agreed. It's pretty offensive of them, tbh. I assume their mains are, like, the teeth guy, or the old man with the bag, or the sea captain; one of those ugly characters losers play. Of course I report them, but I'll also helpfully send them a message like "Attn: Please refrain from using characters intended for players who have contributed large Koin donations to the NRS Shrine. If you would like to play as Kitana or Skarlet, please be advised the game will soon feature a character called Shang Tsung, who will allow you to do so in a limited manner befitting someone of your station. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter."

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. It disincentivises playing new characters, and surely they want players to mix things up to keep online interesting.

Towers are the way to get most of a character's Brutalities, and all of their Victory and Intro clips. That's a great invective to play the towers, and in so doing, learn a new character. Farming Fatal Blows is something you will never, ever do with anyone you're not super into using.
It doesn't even count shit you do in online or local play only in towers and doesn't even add what you already did just when you do summon the towers

So even if you already done like a billion fatalities tough shit do more

It doesn't help some brutalities are easier to do than others
. I can't fathom using Skarlet and Kitana with masks. Only PEONS do that. It's such an outrage, that such players should switch characters ASAP. May I suggest D'Vorah or Kano?
Not my fault RNG hates me

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate enjoying playing Scorpion. No wonder so many people use him. He's just fun to play.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I might be in the minority here but I kinda love being able to turn on AI during some of the Towers. I get a lot of stuff done while the game is running getting stuff done for me. IE. Dishes, Laundry and other chores.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I really hate enjoying playing Scorpion. No wonder so many people use him. He's just fun to play.

LOL, I really need to branch out and play more characters but if I know I am going into a tough tower fight or something I bring Scorpion every time.

Does anyone like D'Vorah? I cant stand playing as her

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I might be in the minority here but I kinda love being able to turn on AI during some of the Towers. I get a lot of stuff done while the game is running getting stuff done for me. IE. Dishes, Laundry and other chores.

No, we all love having the AI option. I think most of us just wish we didn't have to, because it should feel like we're missing out on fun, not mitigating a grind.

Question: the Noob tower up right now (Eternal Pain). Does everyone have the Cassie Brutality as a reward? It's weird to have a Noob skin/gear tower that gives a Brutality for another character, right? But I'd done all of Cassie's character towers, and her final Brutality was missing until this morning. There's no way these rewards have started to become taliored based on what you've already earned, is there?