• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I had issues with this as well, but you have to remember that this is an NRS game so a lot of the moves are dial a combos. Try inputting the button sequences as fast as possible or "piano" the buttons, committing to them. The moves should come out accordingly. Also, if you're very precise with your button inputs, turn off negative edge. Hope this helps.

Thanks, and yeah I have been getting the hang of it. The notion of having to input moves before your character actually does them on screen is really strange but it's something I can get used to.

I gotta say that the tutorials in this game are incredible. They're literally everything I want from a fighting game tutorial because they actually realise that people who are new to/inexperienced in fighting games need more than just "press x buttons to do y thing."

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
So...I have MK11 on Switch. This is the first Mortal Kombat I've played since the truly perfect Mortal Kombat 2 from back in the day. And... OMGWTFBBQ have they done to Mortal Kombat?? It's so bloody complicated now, all these various nuances in moves and uses what seems like EVERY button on the pro controller. Some combos you have to hit super-fast otherwise they don't work.

Also WTF is going on with story mode?? I don't want to watch an interactive movie, I just want to pick a character, fight 7-10 characters and then the boss, like a normal fighting game.

Please tell me that it gets better.

Go troll someone else

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm trying to get a certain consumable (Fire Fists) and it doesn't appear you can craft them in the forge. So I'm running around trying to find chests in the krypt that are over 10k because anything below seems to just give forge items. It must be rare because I only had 3 of them.

Edit: Yay, got 2 after like... 1.5mil

Last edited:

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Probably taking a break from the game until either Kombat League finally starts (whatever it is) or the first DLC fighter is released. I'm tired of grinding towers for stuff and waiting for a patch that lets me unlock skins and gear for playing ranked matches. I LOVE the online modes, but I'm also kind of burned out because every time I play online I'm thinking I should grind for stuff instead. At this point I'd rather they throw random unlocks for random characters at me (gear/skins/augments/brutalities) for every x ranked matches played.

Just came to think of it: Is the person who was supposed to make the original OT ok? They haven't been online since they aborted the OT...

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
After 80+ hours playtime, finally spend some time finishing the remaining tutorials, the timing required for some of those combos was simply insane.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Oh my, I didn't realise people would get their knickers in such a twist. If it's your favourite game, that's great, but it was just my genuine take on the game after playing MK for the first time in years.
You could easily google that shit or read OT instead of finding OT of game and shitposting on it. Its so obvious trolling im surprised you are not banned yet

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Any tips for Gauntlet stage 14 ? I'm getting owned from this bullshit challenge

You want the whole tower consumable that lets you use your Fatal Blow without being down to 30%, and then for each match, I used the large health regen and the missiles that induce slowdown. You'll get through it surprisingly easily with those; irritating though it is.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
You want the whole tower consumable that lets you use your Fatal Blow without being down to 30%, and then for each match, I used the large health regen and the missiles that induce slowdown. You'll get through it surprisingly easily with those; irritating though it is.
Problem is that I only have 1 of fatal blow consumable so I'm having a hard time

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Problem is that I only have 1 of fatal blow consumable so I'm having a hard time

I found that's actually the least important consumable once you start to get your bearings. You'll be resetting a lot, but once you've taken out 95% of their health, you can get them to whittle down yours by 60% in a few seconds. Just have to hope they don't successfully fatal blow you, but you have to hope that for the entire gauntlet, because they're often one hit kills. So keep at it - slowdown missile actually cools down faster than it wears off the opponent.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Posting impressions in an OT = trolling? Please. Somebody make this guy a moderator.

Obviously that guy went way over the top

But FYI you can essentially play this game just like the old ones if you like. You can play classic towers and play with each character and get an individual ending. You can totally ignore everything else. But you must admit if the game was to release with just that and nothing else the shit storm would be unprecedented.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
I found that's actually the least important consumable once you start to get your bearings. You'll be resetting a lot, but once you've taken out 95% of their health, you can get them to whittle down yours by 60% in a few seconds. Just have to hope they don't successfully fatal blow you, but you have to hope that for the entire gauntlet, because they're often one hit kills. So keep at it - slowdown missile actually cools down faster than it wears off the opponent.
Ill try the Cooldown missles and uppercut today hopefully it works. That is if I have those consumables

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously that guy went way over the top

But FYI you can essentially play this game just like the old ones if you like. You can play classic towers and play with each character and get an individual ending. You can totally ignore everything else. But you must admit if the game was to release with just that and nothing else the shit storm would be unprecedented.
I understand, I guess this is what current fans have become used to and enjoy.

I'll give Klassic mode a go, looking forward to it!

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. Was playing Klassic Towers and got booted to the menu in a middle of a fight because of a server issue. Complete bullshit that you can get kicked out of an offline single player mode due to some online shit.
There's a lot of shit you would think could be played offline but are actually online only

I don't remember Injustice 2 relying on it this much

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
DB0262E9B4CC7C84123E80A6640F87FC3FEF628C

D586C5E4089339F4205D822F026D455E0BA7DEDD

Yaaaaasss! That was easier than i thought. She looks so good.
Skarlet is next, wish me luck lol.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I think main critisicm is about Males getting more revealing and while females getting other direction.
I think they went for realism. The reality is men often fight shirtless while women don't fight in thongs while topless. None of the men look like strippers. You would think this would be more than obvious but, gamers. Mortal Kombat 1 in the early 90s also featured more "revealing" costumes for the male characters, go figure.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Just starting to play around with Geras (I know, I know...). I like his new era variation with the command throw. People do not know how to handle it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think main critisicm is about Males getting more revealing and while females getting other direction.

The revealed man has never been sexualized to a capacity equal to that of revealing designs for women by male designers and the male gaze.

It's dumb criticism by those who wish to preserve something as asinine as "boner culture".

Last edited:

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Which do you guys like more? This or Injustice 2?

Both are great but Mortal Kombat 11's combat gameplay feels a lot more satisfying for me to learn and get better at, and I feel like I can actually compete and feel motivated to improve, and that part of the experience alone gives it the edge of Injustice 2. I played Injustice 2 for about 2 weeks before dropping it -- finished Story Mode and dabbled in its Multiverse but never went online with versus. In MK11, the core combat is motivating me to play everything and I still don't see an end in sight for MK11 for me (I got it at launch).

Oct 27, 2017
Which do you guys like more? This or Injustice 2?

This game for sure. I've never been a fan of the clash system in Injustice and here I like having the regenerating meters that are split into offensive and defensive. Most of the characters in the roster are fun to play in MK11, which I can't really say about Injustice 2. I really enjoyed Injustice 2 but MK11 is definitely heads and shoulders above it in terms of the raw fighting.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Been slowly doing the Subzero tower. Currently on stage 5, does anyone know where you get his maskless version for him? I already have the skin, the default looking one with the headband instead of the hat.