• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Flowchart gimmicks? Like... combos?
what the hell is a flowchart gimmick

Why do yall seem upset? If you main Jaqui I'm not attacking your character, calm down. I'm talking about her meterless string cancels. I mentioned that already. It easy to just rely on that stuff to scrub people out since most online wouldnt have labbed it. I don't want to get into the habit of relying on it without fully understanding the game's neutral. This is the same reason I'm not enjoying Jax. Because his entire neutral game revolves around 2 pokes.

This isn't rocket science.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I am sure I am just missing it somewhere but is there a way to invert the Y-axis in the krypt? It is driving me crazy playing normal.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Why do yall seem upset? If you main Jaqui I'm not attacking your character, calm down. I'm talking about her meterless string cancels. I mentioned that already. It easy to just rely on that stuff to scrub people out since most online wouldnt have labbed it. I don't want to get into the habit of relying on it without fully understanding the game's neutral. This is the same reason I'm not enjoying Jax. Because his entire neutral game revolves around 2 pokes.

And MK neutral is learning what's safe and what isn't. Jacqui's meta revolves around those cancels to make her stuff safe so she can keep the opponent guessing. That's not scrubbing people out, that's playing Jacqui to her strengths.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
And MK neutral is learning what's safe and what isn't. Jacqui's meta revolves around those cancels to make her stuff safe so she can keep the opponent guessing. That's not scrubbing people out, that's playing Jacqui to her strengths.
Youre right and I realize that. But like I said. I don't want to get by on that because my opponents don't know how to counter it. I want to learn to play a solid neutral first and then get deeper into the character meta after. I just know if I pick up a character like Jaqui right now I'll focus on her cancels and it'll only get me so far.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017

Not sure what I said that made me sound upset. I'm just confused as to why someone thinks Jacqui is cheap. She doesn't have half the nonsense some other characters have like Geras, Sonya, EB, Scorpion and SZ do. She's just a strong character.

I am sure I am just missing it somewhere but is there a way to invert the Y-axis in the krypt? It is driving me crazy playing normal.

If you're on the main menu, open options and it is the second option down under Gameplay.

Last edited:

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what I said that made me sound upset. I'm just confused as to why someone thinks Jacqui is cheap. She doesn't have half the nonsense some other characters have like Geras, Sonya, EB, Scorpion and SZ do. She's just a strong character.
That was directed more at the other response. And I don't think she's cheap but her cancels are something that will simply overwhelm anyone who doesnt understand how they work as well as lead to me using fake setups because they work. I guess scrub out and gimmick weren't the correct descriptors.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So uh... Apparently Perfection is Key is supposed to be hard? I was so worried after all the horror stories and then I beat it first try without even using any of the konsumables I equipped.

Gonna be going to my first MK11 tourney tomorrow! Hoping I don't get my ass kicked too hard.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Is this game still due for more patches on Switch? Cuz....yikes...

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
OMG Rain's in the game!

Rain.jpg

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm like 30 hours in the game. Did the story, beat lot of towers, cleaned up almost all the gold chest in the krypt but I feel like I'm barely cracking the surface in unlocking cosmetics. ATM I'm maining Sub Zero so I've been cracking at his character tower and opened his heart chest but only have unlocked 3-4 new kosmetics for each of his equipments and maybe a half dozen costumes. I only got one additional fight intro but no outros. Also only have maybe more than a dozen augments for him too.

I don't understand this grind. What should I be doing if I want to get everything for one or two characters? What's the fastest way to grind for the currencies too?

Aug 26, 2018
日本
I don't understand this grind. What should I be doing if I want to get everything for one or two characters?
The first thing you gotta do is throw away the idea that you really need everything for a given character right away. 'Cause it ain't happening. lol

There's a lot of good stuff in the Soul Caches in the Krypt. If you want to focus on souls, check to see if you have any augments that increase the soul payout. Also, check for any tower konsumables that double the rewards for a given tower, like the Dragon Egg. Following that, you have to target special towers with decent soul rewards.

Other than that, take souped up Noob AI and let in run on endless for you, while you do other stuff. You should be getting 15 souls per match, more with augments.

You can also craft souls at the krypt forge. It's like Lost Soul Essence x2 + Order doohickey. lol

And then, work on acquiring the head of a character to put on a spike across from the Warrior Shrine. That's definitely give you an intro/outro for a given character. Kill a character 25 times to get one.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Wait

Who is wind and who is heart between kotal and Cassie

Should have had Kitana
Geras is earth (with a Tremor assist) , Liu is fire (with the fire bursting from the ground), Cassie is Wind (with a totem assist), Frost is Water (with Rain assist) and Kotal is Heart (with a heart getting thrown onto the stage that steals health from you)

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Geras is earth (with a Tremor assist) , Liu is fire (with the fire bursting from the ground), Cassie is Wind (with a totem assist), Frost is Water (with Rain assist) and Kotal is Heart (with a heart getting thrown onto the stage that steals health from you)
I'm not complaining but Cassie seems random

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I'm at 340 Krpyt chests opened, including the secret areas and a lot of the hidden chests. I don't understand how there could be another 200+, is that including resetting them?

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Do the console versions have film grain as well?

Yep. Wish there was an option to turn it off.

Has anyone made a list of the "official" costume/gear combos used in story mode? I'm trying to make proper non-revenant versions of Liu Kang and company but it's hard to discern some of the accessories from screenshots. I know I can just make my own looks up, but I'm so overwhelmed by all of the options that I'd rather not have to worry about it.

Haven't made a list but remade some of the story costumes and classic costumes for a few characters:

Scorpion
Skin - OG Ninja
Mask - Furious Akuma or Miho Demon
Katana - Hizamaru
Spear - Burning Akunin Hell Spear

Liu Kang
Skin - Art of Wu Shu
Headband - The Chosen One
Nunchakus - Phoenix Wings
Bracers - Fire Shot

Kung Lao
Skin - Understudy
Hat - Liu Kang's Comrade
Bracers - Blood Stone Defenders
Insignia - Chant of Qinglong

Erron Black
Skin - Peck of Trouble
Hats - Silver Tongue
Rifle - El Dorado .243
Pistols - Armed & Dangerous or Smack & Down

"Klassic" Shao Kahn
Skin - Master of the Lower Mines
Hammer - Realm Crusher
Helmet - Kahn of Kahns
Lance - Tamarisk

Fire God Liu Kang
Skin - Exalted One
Headband - Guiding Light
Nunchakus - Dragon's Fury
Bracers - Devastating One Knuckle Punch

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Man after labbing Raiden's Raijin variation it seems completely useless save for 1 move. I dont know what NRS was thinking with some of these variations and knowing them it will take until MK11XL for half of them to become "viable." It's shit like this that makes me wish they would drop Variations and focus on a character's single moveset.

In Raijin, his db4 is a slow super punishable low that can be amplified, but you cant combo of the amplify...

He loses teleport which is huge and they give him Electric Burst...but what is that move even for? It can't be amplified and has okay pushback but other than that its mostly useless.

The only great thing about the variation is the Discharge move that lets you punish anything slower than -4. It gives restand for a combo opportunity but only in the corner and to even use it you had to have blocked 3 attacks.

Might just cut my losses and play Thunder Wave while I wait till who knows when for NRS to make meaningful adjustments.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Wish there was an option to turn it off.

Haven't made a list but remade some of the story costumes and classic costumes for a few characters:

Scorpion
Skin - OG Ninja
Mask - Furious Akuma or Miho Demon
Katana - Hizamaru
Spear - Burning Akunin Hell Spear

Liu Kang
Skin - Art of Wu Shu
Headband - The Chosen One
Nunchakus - Phoenix Wings
Bracers - Fire Shot

Kung Lao
Skin - Understudy
Hat - Liu Kang's Comrade
Bracers - Blood Stone Defenders
Insignia - Chant of Qinglong

Erron Black
Skin - Peck of Trouble
Hats - Silver Tongue
Rifle - El Dorado .243
Pistols - Armed & Dangerous or Smack & Down

"Klassic" Shao Kahn
Skin - Master of the Lower Mines
Hammer - Realm Crusher
Helmet - Kahn of Kahns
Lance - Tamarisk

Fire God Liu Kang
Skin - Exalted One
Headband - Guiding Light
Nunchakus - Dragon's Fury
Bracers - Devastating One Knuckle Punch
Awesome! I really appreciate this.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Wheeler was red head and they gave Liu kang fire
Frost is blue unlike the brunette water girl
Kotal looks nothing like Ma Ti
Only thing Geras has common with earth guy is that they're both black
Not saying that they look 100% the part or just the hair, but more of a: 3 guys, 2 gals...with some similarities.

For example, Johnny Cage would've been a better Wheeler as an "all-american" but he had nothing about fire.

Cassie at leasts has some acrobatics "like the wind" and is blonde, so ... done! Next?! Frost has ties to water, is female and asian... water!

Just saying is not as random, but could've been better. Like in Injustice 2 this events are just quirky/fun tease-things not 100% based on a source.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Not saying that they look 100% the part or just the hair, but more of a: 3 guys, 2 gals...with some similarities.

For example, Johnny Cage would've been a better Wheeler as an "all-american" but he had nothing about fire.

Cassie at leasts has some acrobatics "like the wind" and is blonde, so ... done! Next?! Frost has ties to water, is female and asian... water!

Just saying is not as random, but could've been better.
I would pick kitana but honestly we're going too deep for this let's go back to complaining about rng because skarlet maskless still eludes me

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Wheeler was red head and they gave Liu kang fire
Frost is blue unlike the brunette water girl
Kotal looks nothing like Ma Ti
Only thing Geras has common with earth guy is that they're both black
It's more about the assists.

Geras has Tremor's, a literal rock falling from the sky.

Frost's has Hydro, a wave of water rushing in from the side.

Cassie has a wind totem, which fires a gust of wind that blows you away from the totem or switches directions and pushes you towards the totem.

Kotal's has a literal heart that drops in and restores/steals health.

and Liu Kang's is literally fire bursting out from the ground.
So, according to an intro between Kollector and D'vorah Ferra/Torr are dead...
YES!

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I am really enjoying playing Cetrion. She has some fun strings and a few ways to link combos together.

And her skins actually look different unlike some characters *cough* Kung Lao *cough*