• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already getting a bit tired of the grind and I've had it a few days. It's funny how before the internet and dlc some of the grind was fun. I don't expect to unlock everything in a day. But now it feels like grind a day to unlock something, hit a road block (currency, random item) and go back to grinding.

Also, why don't Forge recipe show in Krypt? I have to load back and forth?

Shitty UI design

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Did the D'Vorah Total Disrespect trophy get patched? Just did it in local co-op against a CPU, got the bug killed the CPU then I performed a fatality and it didn't unlock.

Don't tell me I have to do it online or some shit now :/

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Did the D'Vorah Total Disrespect trophy get patched? Just did it in local co-op against a CPU, got the bug killed the CPU then I performed a fatality and it didn't unlock.

Don't tell me I have to do it online or some shit now :/

Hope not. I haven't bothered getting it yet. Online only would be impossible considering how shit she is.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
While im not 100% sure i also think that duplicates are a bug and not intended since it feels like its only gear i already leveled up that i get again since the game thinks i dont have it anymore because it searching for it with its base values.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Ok I don't wanna be that guy who complains about NRS animations but...

Jade is a character I was looking forward to maining but all her moves look fucking dumb. I just can't do it.

Deleted member 18113

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where can I find which rewards severed heads gives? Playing Switch version, the game crashed right after activated Kitana's head and I dont know if I lose the rewards

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Hope not. I haven't bothered getting it yet. Online only would be impossible considering how shit she is.
Well just got it in a Tower of Time that was a bit more awkward but doable. Not sure if it just didn't acknowledge before or if it's been disabled in local. Either way at least it's not online.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Well just got it in a Tower of Time that was a bit more awkward but doable. Not sure if it just didn't acknowledge before or if it's been disabled in local. Either way at least it's not online.

Phew, thanks for the heads up. I should probably just get it tonight so I don't need to worry about it. I only have the last tutorial and online ones left to do for Plat. But not too worried about online since DLC will keep the game alive.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So anybody playing this game like a fighting game for fun and not a mobile loot grinding simulator or is that just me

Sure. I finished the story, got into the lab with the characters I wanted to play and play them online. I don't grind towers or care how the characters look like. It's great :D

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Ok, D'Vorah is SUPER interesting. Even more than she was in MKX. I really, really like her. Too bad about her day one nerfs, i really hope that NRS will realize what they did and fix her. At this point she can only be buffed, nothing else.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So anybody playing this game like a fighting game for fun and not a mobile loot grinding simulator or is that just me

If you're criticizing people who haven't dipped much into multiplayer yet or are talking a lot about the towers/AI, I don't think that's fair. People like both the actual gameplay and customizing their character for it. Customization was a big selling point. They just sadly designed the game to make you play it as a mobile loot grinding simulator if you want access to those options including brutalities and intros/outros than happen when playing matches.

Maybe they should have let all that stuff come naturally by just playing matches or making it easy to find what you want, but they didn't. If you are fine ignoring that stuff, good for you. The game is probably way more enjoyable for you. But a lot of MK fans like both. NRS are just making us wade through a lot of BS first. It dominating the conversation is a result of that.

I wouldn't have any issues with a separate gameplay/matchmaking only thread myself.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
BTW. Does anyone know why is one chest next to the Forge respawning every time i open the Krypt? Is that normal?

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I'm continually getting outpoked in a crouched poke off. I don't know if I'm just continually putting myself into a bad situation, but I don't know how to stop it from happening. I don't know if it's the tv lag or what, but Skarlet's D1 just does fuckall for me.

Also, anyone know a solid counter for Kung Lao's tele? The grab always gets me, that just seems like a straight up guessing game if it's going to be a tele throw, kick, spear, etc.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I'm continually getting outpoked in a crouched poke off. I don't know if I'm just continually putting myself into a bad situation, but I don't know how to stop it from happening. I don't know if it's the tv lag or what, but Skarlet's D1 just does fuckall for me.

Also, anyone know a solid counter for Kung Lao's tele? The grab always gets me, that just seems like a straight up guessing game if it's going to be a tele throw, kick, spear, etc.
If you block the D1 you can D1 yourself and jail a string, it will be your turn and nothing will interrupt it.

You can punish Lao's teleport on reaction with a D1 or standing jab. It's the worst move in the entire game, it boggles my mind how garbage they made it with that enormous start up.

Goney

Oct 25, 2017
Had my first Quitality yesterday against a Liu Kang. He kept trying forward 4444 despite me punishing every time.

Felt so good.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
If you block the D1 you can D1 yourself and jail a string, it will be your turn and nothing will interrupt it.

You can punish Lao's teleport on reaction with a D1 or standing jab. It's the worst move in the entire game, it boggles my mind how garbage they made it with that enormous start up.

I wonder if my reaction speed just too slow then. I swear I've blocked the D1 but once I throw mine out it's a crapshoot if I can get another hit in. If it's blocked, and I attempt a string, their next attack usually ends up hitting me. This is one thing I've struggled with since release.

Hmm, thanks for the Lao tip, will definitely try either a D1 or S1 next time I fight a Lao. Probably will be awhile, it was a rare sight after so many scorpions.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I got into Jacqui yesterday and played 40 ranked matches with her already. Then I let the AI do her first set of towers to maybe learn some combos from watching that, and she proceeded to do a Shoryuken-like uppercut from which she started combos (pretty sure it was 1st round KO variation, but maybe also Next Gen). But I have no idea how to perform that. Any Jacqui players can advise me?

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got into Jacqui yesterday and played 40 ranked matches with her already. Then I let the AI do her first set of towers to maybe learn some combos from watching that, and she proceeded to do a Shoryuken-like uppercut from which she started combos (pretty sure it was 1st round KO variation, but maybe also Next Gen). But I have no idea how to perform that. Any Jacqui players can advise me?
I think it's down or forward then mash triangle as fast as you can.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Every one of her moves just looks horrendous. Staffs are supposed to be graceful! I cringed when I saw that EX pole vault. Unequipped immediately.

I think certain other characters look great in motion. Kung Lao especially. But there's still a lot of work to be done.
Ok, well I can't say I agree to be honest. I don't use that pole vault move at all though.
straight up guessing game
You just described Mortal Kombat

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
You won't believe, but after beaten tutorial and story which give you more extra stuff I havent played "myself", over 40 hours of sitting down and watching the AI playing, I hate playing fighter games without the skins I like the most, it feels unfinished... IDK, can't say I've enjoyed this game, being an OCD person makes this a nightmare, I really want want to get over all this unlockable crap and be able to play the game as intended.

I only have a few hours to play during week, and more on weekends, I feel like a waste of time playing myself when the AI is much more quick smarter. But yeah it has been like playing a mobile game unlocking stuff all this time.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, forward then 22 rapidly. Need it for extra damage and swag.

You can get multiple uppercuts midscreen or in the corner providing they don't breakaway.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Oh man, I didn't even realize I got maskless Hanzo. Just saw it as I was browsing through my masks. I'm really happy with all of the skin combos I have for him now. Also got Sub's MK2-ish mask from stage 7 of the gauntlet.

If you're criticizing people who haven't dipped much into multiplayer yet or are talking a lot about the towers/AI, I don't think that's fair. People like both the actual gameplay and customizing their character for it. Customization was a big selling point. They just sadly designed the game to make you play it as a mobile loot grinding simulator if you want access to those options including brutalities and intros/outros than happen when playing matches.

Maybe they should have let all that stuff come naturally by just playing matches or making it easy to find what you want, but they didn't. If you are fine ignoring that stuff, good for you. The game is probably way more enjoyable for you. But a lot of MK fans like both. NRS are just making us wade through a lot of BS first. It dominating the conversation is a result of that.

I wouldn't have any issues with a separate gameplay/matchmaking only thread myself.
Yes this is one of the biggest problems with the game. Everything should be able to be earned by playing the mode you want to play.

Another one is the lack of detailed unlock stats in the Krypt. It should show you how many chests you've currently unlocked in each area of the game. My biggest fear is resetting the krypt without having unlocked all of the unique chests in the first go around, and that chest having one of the gear pieces I really really want (like the MK2 Scorpion mask). I'll probably never find it if that happens.

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest fear is resetting the krypt without having unlocked all of the unique chests in the first go around, and that chest having one of the gear pieces I really really want (like the MK2 Scorpion mask). I'll probably never find it if that happens.
It doesn't reset chests you haven't opened, it simply refills those you have with random stuff.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yes but how do I know what I haven't opened if I reset them all? I would have to unlock ALL of the chests again.
I'm assuming chests roll AFTER opening, and that they don't have a set item in them after you enter the Krypt for the first time. So there's not going to be one chest with the mask sitting in some dark corner, it has a chance to drop with any chest you open.

Higher chance for certain things the higher the cost?

I don't know if it works this way or not, though.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I really don't understand this: "I need to have all my favorite skins for all my favorite characters and i need to have them now" mentality.
Game was released 2 weeks ago. Just try to enjoy the game for what it is without thinking too much about unlocking stuff... etc.

Game is clearly designed about longevity and grinding. Maybe it's a bad design, but it is what it is. The fact that every skin has 9 or 10 recolors and that they are all counted as a different skin is clear sign of what i am talking about. There are some skins and stuff that we won't be able to get in first two weeks and we have to accept that. I mean i played the game for around 35 hours so far and i already have 7 or 8 skins for Jade. For me in a game with 60 skins per character that doesn't sound too bad. Sure there are some characters i only have one or two extra skins for but it is what it is. I realized that it's better for me to just try and enjoy the game without thinking too much about what i am unlocking and without "chasing" any skin or gear for specific characters. There's no fun in that for me.
Same here.
I get the complaints about the modifiers, but in terms of collecting stuff it's supposed to take some time, some people seem to want to unlock everything in the first week. Also, the player is supposed to focus on his characters, unless you play the entire cast(which is very unlikely), there is no reason to hunt for everything. Adjustments are to be made, but, people should be wise on how to approach the game as well.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Paired up with a cool dude on Xbox and duked it out for over 10 matches. I think it was 8-5 him in the end. Good chill time playing against people like that.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Won't matter much because once the DLC characters start showing up, they'll include their gear in there.
Honestly after every DLC character on MK9 and X didn't have any alternate skins, I'd welcome this.

I hated how MK9 only had alternate skins for them on the Vita version, especially when Skarlet's alt was the same they datamined from the base game.