• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Erron Black and Sonya aren't as omnipresent online as the ninjas but they are both pretty damn top tier right now, I also hear great things about Geras.

As for the variations, they legit just need to allow edits in Ranked and Tournaments. I'd make the game even richer.

Watch any professional tournament and you will see all the Geras. You will find Erron Black online but its basically a coinflip if you find someone who plays him well vs someone who just spams his overhead/low moves. Either way he's infuriating to fight.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Am I crazy or did Cassie get the short end of the stick when it comes to skins and gear? Most or her guns are pretty plain, and some of her techno glasses just look bad. I love the character, but she just feels the most underserved by the gear system.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Am I crazy or did Cassie get the short end of the stick when it comes to skins and gear? Most or her guns are pretty plain, and some of her techno glasses just look bad. I love the character, but she just feels the most underserved by the gear system.

Cassie is one of my favorite characters in the game and it feels like they put all their effort for her in to her quips/intros. Her costumes are fucking awwwwful. I don't mind her gear so much because it feels like most characters have throw-away slots but her costumes are bad.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm learning her right now, and she's pure fun but yeah...she needs more over the top valley girl kinda krap in a meta/funny way. Jacqui's got much better stuff.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
59848119_10219237178950206_1169321248816103424_o.jpg

This is just mean.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
I checked the last patch on PC and the costume preview image for variations was still messed up.......
This may be a case-by-case basis, but anecdotally my preview images work again after the latest patch if I manually remake them. Try going into one of your black-image loadouts, select a different skin and save it, then go back in and select your desired skin and save again. At least in my case, that saves it with a new, properly working thumbnail.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on PC want to play? I'm the definition of "okay". Don't expect much beyond me dropping combos.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok just finished downloading the patch and jumped in for the first time. It's all kinda overwhelming. What's all the currency for? And there's daily challenges? That's pretty cool.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize that there were specific text message conversations for each character in Cassie's last intro. That's awesome lol

D6Qx6ZIWwAEkBAi.jpg

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if Jacqui's 4th intro "daddy's girl" is in a specific chest in the krypt? Couldn't find anything online.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
You make me wish there was crossplay. You're so active on here, there's just no way we can play. :(
Cross play would be great for sure, but a longshot I feel. Also, I think it would be really cool to set up tournaments for this game between all of us on Xbox. No prizes though, I ain't dishing out anything but props lol
Anyone know if Jacqui's 4th intro "daddy's girl" is in a specific chest in the krypt? Couldn't find anything online.

Do you have the throne room unlocked? Room to the left, all the way in the back, destroy the statues, it is in the one on the left side.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Cross play would be great for sure, but a longshot I feel. Also, I think it would be really cool to set up tournaments for this game between all of us on Xbox. No prizes though, I ain't dishing out anything but props lol

Oh yeah, crossplay isn't realistic at this point but... I wish.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Is there a way to reduce the cost of chests you can only open with hearts? I already opened 2 of them and they were 250 hearts each. I have around 600 left. As far as i can tell hearts are really hard to get.

I am literally just walking from area to area opening every chest that is on my way with coins and hearts. Is that ok?

I see everyone is talking about the Shrine. Where is it exactly? Should i use it only after i open all the chests in the Krypt?

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Is there a way to reduce the cost of chests you can only open with hearts? I already opened 2 of them and they were 250 hearts each. I have around 600 left. As far as i can tell hearts are really hard to get.

I am literally just walking from area to area opening every chest that is on my way with coins and hearts. Is that ok?

I see everyone is talking about the Shrine. Where is it exactly? Should i use it only after i open all the chests in the Krypt?
You can use Sindel's wedding ring to cut the cost in half for 60 seconds.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Heh, I spent around 9 mil at the shrine and so far have gotten neither kitanas nor Skarlet maskless looks.
At least I have what feels like all of cabals swords and kanos eyes -.-

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
For sure sticking to Liu Kang for a bit. I throw so many people off when I do his teleport lol. He gets off some mad pressure too. Some people don't know how to handle it.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone looking for AI battle partners wanna add me for PS4: Valkerionseven

Probably won't be doing friend fights though since im in Asia.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Pretty much comfortable playing Sub Zero like the back of my hand but trying hard to get good with Jade. Glad she's a lot more viable now compared to her MK9 version but still struggling, can land an air juggle maybe 5/10 times.

When I do pull it off it feels great. She's definitely fun to play with so not quitting any time soon. It's just from the air doing a 2,1 at the right time into a B2, gets tricky for me.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way to have the AI grind fatalities and brutalities? Trying to get the next level of his Kotal tower.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Well, I just realized I won't be able to get the Platinum trophy.

No way I can get through the third trophy of the tutorials.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I need a skeleton key. I'm told one of most certain spots is a specific chest near the entrance. I already opened it and used the key contained within. So now I have to use Kronika's Time Vault for the first time to replenish it.

How the fuck does Kronika's Time Vault works? Please, please don't tell me that I spend coins and it replenishes chests at random locations.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I need a skeleton key. I'm told one of most certain spots is a specific chest near the entrance. I already opened it and used the key contained within. So now I have to use Kronika's Time Vault for the first time to replenish it.

How the fuck does Kronika's Time Vault works? Please, please don't tell me that I spend coins and it replenishes chests at random locations.
You spend coins and it replenishes chests at random locations.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Does anyone else just not get AI defenses? No one battles me, that's potentially 5 skins a day I'm missing out on :(