• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I can't praise the netcode enough. I was really dreading horrible laggy matches since I live in Japan and the game wasn't released here, but it's actually pretty great both on Switch and PC (sadly, not counting the current desync problems on PC).

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just a point of curiosity, have there been any 4K art assets released that make for good PC desktop wallpapers? So into this game now that I'm kinda thinking I'm gonna change up the theme of my laptop.. I just don't seem to see any 4K art assets.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
It really funny to me all the pre resealse talk about neutral and scorp still has that damn teleport lmao
One would think these basic ass oversights, and I'm inclusing the true 50/50s, wouldn't pass with guys like Dizzy and 16 Bit working there.

Still the best and most balanced NRS game ever made, I have a lot of faith that the second balance patch will bring the game close to perfection.

Negaduck

Oct 26, 2017
Jax is so fun. The more I play him the more I enjoy it.

Haven't felt this good about a character in a while.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm never getting maskless Kitana and Skarlet. :(

Anyway, is there any way to make good Kitana and Jade AIs? Cause nothing I've tried, make them good. Even the usual 30/30 kombo, reversal dealio that's all the rage now.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm never getting maskless Kitana and Skarlet. :(

Anyway, is there any way to make good Kitana and Jade AIs? Cause nothing I've tried, make them good. Even the usual 30/30 kombo, reversal dealio that's all the rage now.

Jade with 30/30 Runaway/Zoning is solid. Emerald Defender variation.

Kitana's AI is legit busted. She's apparently trying to do combos that no longer work because of the day 1 patch so nothing she does makes any real sense. I tried giving her 30/30 Runaway/Zoning with the Mileena variation since the sai throw would give her another projectile but it seems like the AI chooses one of the 3 moves at random and will just stab at fullscreen or divekick in.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jade with 30/30 Runaway/Zoning is solid. Emerald Defender variation.

Kitana's AI is legit busted. She's apparently trying to do combos that no longer work because of the day 1 patch so nothing she does makes any real sense. I tried giving her 30/30 Runaway/Zoning with the Mileena variation since the sai throw would give her another projectile but it seems like the AI chooses one of the 3 moves at random and will just stab at fullscreen or divekick in.
Will be giving that Jade a shot. Shame that Kitana is busted though.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
One would think these basic ass oversights, and I'm inclusing the true 50/50s, wouldn't pass with guys like Dizzy and 16 Bit working there.

Still the best and most balanced NRS game ever made, I have a lot of faith that the second balance patch will bring the game close to perfection.
I do feel the game's in a pretty good place. There is a clear vision for the majority of the cast and then a few characters on the high and low ends of the spectrum that strain that vision.

Peterc

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As far as i'm playing mk11 it isn't bad but it isn't really the mk where I looked for. I'm not yet liking the combos of how you need to combine them and so on.
I know it has a lot of extra strategies, maybe when you played long enough you will enjoy it (I grow up with mk1,2,3).
I also mis the run button in it and don't like the long scene combos, it's taking way to long.

Here is the video fan made of how the game should have been (and you can download it):

It starts from 2:30

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skarlet is bringing me all the heads tonight, damn! Thank you endless tower too.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
playing this online is so much bullshit, my block only works half the time, my throw counter only works every now and again and there's no way in hell I should be able to be juggled and left helpless for over 50% health. That and other peoples fatal blows hitting me as if I've been magnetised back to the flaw when my foot is flying through the air hitting their head.

I'm done, fuck this game.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Pretty sure that's what I did. If it's not working, do survival as it's one round matches so you can do the same krushing blows every round.
Might be using augments?
Not sure what augments would do against this?

It's weird, I did survival and that didn't count either. I'm doing regular novice tower and it seems to count. Also, when the cpu used my character it reminded me of krushing blows from combos so now I'm doing it a little quicker now haha

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not holding my breath, but based on the past few NRS cycles, the timing works out perfectly for a Shang Tsung DLC trailer during today's State of Play presentation.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the gear XP bug was a PC thing, but it also exists on PS4, more chances that it will be addressed then...
I assume more and more people are going to be hit by the bug as they progress the game.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/976310/discussions/0/1651043320661540600/
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77693182

It seems like gear is just buggy in general, with this and then the issue with dupes supposedly showing up in the shrine for gear you may have leveled. That doesn't sounds like intended behavior. Would be nice if they could comment on their awareness of the issue.

Although even if they make no dupes in the shrine, it doesn't mean the desired gear will be any easier to come by, as there still may be a ton of augments diluting the pool.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Switch users.

I play on Xbox but plan on picking up a copy for the Switch to keep me busy on my trip. Are save transfers straight to the point? I keep all my variations and costumes and currency?

Edit: are save transfers even a thing cause welp at not being able to continue my ToT grind on the go.

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
playing this online is so much bullshit, my block only works half the time, my throw counter only works every now and again and there's no way in hell I should be able to be juggled and left helpless for over 50% health. That and other peoples fatal blows hitting me as if I've been magnetised back to the flaw when my foot is flying through the air hitting their head.

I'm done, fuck this game.
The game is working against you tbh.

Mar 25, 2019
Guys, can I ask an uncomfortable question? Do you think there's a possibility that the MK11 publisher "wagged the dog" so to speak in order to redirect a lot of the negative attention away from the game's heavy use of microtransactions & lootbox-type purchases? Here me out:

So, when MK11 was initially released, there was a lot of discussion and press about the fact that the designers took a different approach with regards to the female characters (covering them up with more realistic battle armor rather than trying to make them into sex objects). I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all, but I do question whether design team's motivation for doing this truly comes from an authentically altruistic place. You see, I think Netherrealms was attempting to (and to a certain extent succeeded in) using the establishment left-leaning gaming press to redirect any negative attention the game was getting for legitimate reasons (microtransations) into the same bucket as the assholes who were complaining about the female characters being covered up. The end result is that a lot of people who aren't clued in on the nuances of the situation are assuming that anyone who complains about MK11 is a sexist, misogynistic Goober Gabber.

In the end, we have a large corporation (who also, surprise surprise) has been shown to have been abusing their workforce, that successfully manipulated the gaming press to support their game at any cost due to a perceived progressive design decision.

I'll leave it there. All I'm trying to say is that sometimes we (consumers & journalists) have a common enemy, and we should not allow them to manipulate us by pitting us against each other to make themselves save face.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Switch users.

I play on Xbox but plan on picking up a copy for the Switch to keep me busy on my trip. Are save transfers straight to the point? I keep all my variations and costumes and currency?

Edit: are save transfers even a thing cause welp at not being able to continue my ToT grind on the go.
They are not a thing. And you can only grind when you're connected online (I tether to my phone sometimes). Also the game has slowdown on certain stages and crashes pretty often in the krypt. Just a heads up. Patch should be coming this week or next...

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, can I ask an uncomfortable question? Do you think there's a possibility that the MK11 publisher "wagged the dog" so to speak in order to redirect a lot of the negative attention away from the game's heavy use of microtransactions & lootbox-type purchases? Here me out:

So, when MK11 was initially released, there was a lot of discussion and press about the fact that the designers took a different approach with regards to the female characters (covering them up with more realistic battle armor rather than trying to make them into sex objects). I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all, but I do question whether design team's motivation for doing this truly comes from an authentically altruistic place. You see, I think Netherrealms was attempting to (and to a certain extent succeeded in) using the establishment left-leaning gaming press to redirect any negative attention the game was getting for legitimate reasons (microtransations) into the same bucket as the assholes who were complaining about the female characters being covered up. The end result is that a lot of people who aren't clued in on the nuances of the situation are assuming that anyone who complains about MK11 is a sexist, misogynistic Goober Gabber.

In the end, we have a large corporation (who also, surprise surprise) has been shown to have been abusing their workforce, that successfully manipulated the gaming press to support their game at any cost due to a perceived progressive design decision.

I'll leave it there. All I'm trying to say is that sometimes we (consumers & journalists) have a common enemy, and we should not allow them to manipulate us by pitting us against each other to make themselves save face.

... You know the redesigns of the female characters started in MKX, right ?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They are not a thing. And you can only grind when you're connected online (I tether to my phone sometimes). Also the game has slowdown on certain stages and crashes pretty often in the krypt. Just a heads up. Patch should be coming this week or next...

Well shit. Thanks for the heads up.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Finally finished tier 3 Towers for kabal... These new requirements can go brutality themselves.
125 fatal blows? 50 flawless? Wtf

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I need to figure out a way to get the X button to stay down on the controller while I go to work lol. I want to put it on endless towers and come home to plenty of coin for the krypt.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You don't seem interested in a conversation either; you just said that the microtransaction issue was "greatly exaggerated" & then didn't bother to support your claim.
Because I already posted enough about it when the issue originally came out?

I'm not gonna write down a wall of text because someone just jumped in the thread with a borderline conspiracy theory.