• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I must admit I haven't. But I remember enjoying it as much as these, and I remember Injustice 1 and 2 felt like a pretty logical continuation.

In any case, the Netherrealm story modes are really so far removed from anything else offered in the industry. Arcsys games offer a cool story mode too but they're not cinematic. Lots of reading involved and they're hard to follow. Netherrrealm are the only dev making popcorn movies of their story modes.
Have you played/seen/endured SFV's story mode? Capcom tried. I'm glad they did - it was interesting to see the characters interacting like that, but they have a good long way to go. I hear the MvC:i story mode was better (which isn't really an achievement).

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think where that evens out is that if blocked you're just super fucked. If your playing against a human player your ability to read your opponent is really vital against scorpion players. Because then you can almost bait that out so you can block it and get a free combo. There was a Scorpion Boss tower in ToT last week though that was just fuuuuucked hard though.
That was less because of teleports though and more because of fucking fire missiles/fire tornadoes/fire everywhere in general.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Platinum get.

I wish we got something in-game for getting it.

If everything was right in the world we would get him
10897.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
I am so very happy with how Baraka's costumes and gear look in this game. The Tarkatans being turned from faceless cannon fodder to savage wasteland barbarians is something that I absolutely love, and I hope their new aesthetic stays in future MK games.

Bonus gif:

aL9Pq5g.gif

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone on PS4 want to try and set up one of these KotHs that the xbox folks are so good at setting up?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Max posted a video of beating that Tower with Flawless. He got the tips from chat so it's worth following this to beat it. Good timing cuz I was gonna look for the clip.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone on PS4 want to try and set up one of these KotHs that the xbox folks are so good at setting up?

We had a tiny KOTH yesterday. After fighting Manu and a couple others here I realize I'm a scrub. But I'm willing to keep going lol

add me: woodenlore

Not gonna be around much longer tonight though

Thorsten

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I opened the Shao Khan Chest for Kitana which I paid 250 Hearts. But then I didn't get the Items becouse the Game crashed but my 250 Hearts are gone. I realoaded the Game and I checked my Collection to find out that I indeed didn't got the Items from the Chest. I went back in the Krypt to the Shao Kahn Chest of Kitana and now it's already opened and I can't open it again. Does anyone know what I can do now to get the Items from the Shao Kahn Chest for Kitana? I'm playing on the Nintendo Switch (Version 1.0.3). Thanks :)

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I opened the Shao Khan Chest for Kitana which I paid 250 Hearts. But then I didn't get the Items becouse the Game crashed but my 250 Hearts are gone. I realoaded the Game and I checked my Collection to find out that I indeed didn't got the Items from the Chest. I went back in the Krypt to the Shao Kahn Chest of Kitana and now it's already opened and I can't open it again. Does anyone know what I can do now to get the Items from the Shao Kahn Chest for Kitana? I'm playing on the Nintendo Switch (Version 1.0.3). Thanks :)
You lost the items forever and nothing can be done to help you, sorry.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Well I haven't kept up with the leaks since release but seen the various YouTube videos popping up and then Bruce Campbell tweeted this out.

200.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the majority here that would love to see Bruce reprise his role as Ash, but for a tweet reply that is this overly elaborate makes me think this is a ruse. Hell, why not just say "Ash will not be in Mortal Kombat 11" outright instead of saying "Evil Dead's Ash?" That just makes people think that we are going to get "Army of Darkness Ash" instead and that will be how Bruce would respond if anyone tried to call him out on it.

Either way, this just propels the rumor even further and leaves me to hope that we get some DLC news soon (even though I can bet we're going to have to wait for E3 if Sony's "State of Play" doesn't deliver anything).

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

You might try contacting WB games support. Maybe also check their official forums as they may have tech support processes there.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I'll join PS4 KOTH/Boss Towers in the future when I get some time in with a character or something. I haven't played enough of a character and feel comfortable enough to join. Altho I might join random ones to do the give Respect trophy.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that Jade tower with the tilting made me legitimately nauseous. I did the first one and then just had to AI do the rest of it.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
I don't know what's up today on PC but I don't earn any XP, my new gear stays at 0 and my account level doesn't move...

It was playing up for me last night too, alongside that 2 of my ranked wins haven't been counted, and in a ranked match after destroying my opponent in the first match it lost connection and put it down as a loss.

On another note when I kustomise a character and change abilities the abilities I select don't seem to work in online matches, only single player, is this right?

Last edited:

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
It was playing up for me last night too, alongside that 2 of my ranked wins haven't been counted, and in a ranked match after destroying my opponent in the first match it lost connection and put it down as a loss.

On another note when I kustomise a character and change abilities the abilities I select don't seem to work in online matches, only single player, is this right?

They won't work in ranked just kasual matches, but if you favorite a variation you'll use the kosmetics in ranked.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Hey guys, I was wondering for the 50 casual fights trophy. Can you just quit as soon as the fight starts or do you have to play all 50 ? Please if anyone knows that would help a lot.

I'm 3 trophies away from platinum and I don't play fighting games competitively just SP so 50 MP matches will be pain in the ass for me

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Got this Jade Staff that has a glowing snake handle and it's one of the coolest looking ones I've seen so far.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hey guys, I was wondering for the 50 casual fights trophy. Can you just quit as soon as the fight starts or do you have to play all 50 ? Please if anyone knows that would help a lot.

I'm 3 trophies away from platinum and I don't play fighting games competitively just SP so 50 MP matches will be pain in the ass for me
Trophy popped up after I completed a fight so I'm guessing you need to see them through.