• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I think I have 90
Has anyone compared the number of unlockable skins in MKX vs MK11?

It seems like the number of visually distinct skins isn't that far off, but for this they just made a million color variations.
My memory could be off though.
MK11 has far more. Like half the cast only had 2 (at the most 3) skins. Thats after a year of dlc.
DLC had 1 skin each. I fully expect MK11 dlc to follow Inj2 and have full gear options for the dlc fighters in this game.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
My only beef with the Sub/Scorp tag tower is that you got stuck with a really awful moveset for Sub and Scorp instead of picking one.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just checking this thread and you would think that this game is a simulator rather than a fighting game with all the AI talk lol

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if you can cheese the flawless tower by using healing items at the end to get back to max health?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
My new goal in AI Battles is to look for people with no losses and break their streak. Haha

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well darn I never have any souls because I don't ever get the 10k as a daily so I'm still struggling to get above 200 souls most of the time.
Yeah, it took a lot of AI grinding to get there. I never got that daily either. It would certainly be nice.

And for reference, it seems you can summon the tower as much as you want as long as you don't dismiss it. Just let the timer run down. You'll get like 500,000 in an hour and you don't even have to play.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Literally just flew in from another country for work and tried to do the Krypt glitch since I've been away and looks like it's patched out now :(

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That new Sub/Scorp Tower requires you to actually play it. Oh man

Yeah, after the first two little towers, in which you were still able to use the AI, I was directly thrown into the other towers without being able to choose the character or AI and I first panicked a little, lol. I actually managed to beat them though, even though I am a MK newbie. It was fun and I felt pretty accomplished. :)
I've become way too reliant on the AI. But I do kinda enjoy just watching characters fight. The game is so pretty after all.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently the new patch does make it so that playing online matches counts towards to the character tower requirements now.
That's a huge improvement. But you know what would be even better? If your brutalities/fatalities/etc. prior to unlocking the tower actually counted.
My only beef with the Sub/Scorp tag tower is that you got stuck with a really awful moveset for Sub and Scorp instead of picking one.
Same. I'm so used to burning spear+death spear combo for Scorpion.

Last edited:

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I just won a best of 5 ranked match and it's not rewarding me the daily for win 3 ranked matches

That sucks, hehe

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I cannot land Skarlet's 212, 212 string in an online match. Was landing it and the follow up string fine in practice, likely need to adjust my timing to account for any lag online.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The patch didn't do anything about character towers right? Like having to do a number of fatalities all over again?

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I cannot land Skarlet's 212, 212 string in an online match. Was landing it and the follow up string fine in practice, likely need to adjust my timing to account for any lag online.
212, 44 DB4 is a better string. More damage, easier to land, and it knocks them full screen so you can try zoning them. You can also do 212, 212, 4, DB4. But since you're having trouble landing the other one due to lag...

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
People on Twitch trying to tell me highs aren't suppose to whiff crouching opponents in MK. Think they're confusing mids with highs.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
So I just did the flawless tower and the reptile one. I feel like they nerfed them. Everyone talked about how hard they were. And I totally believe them. But I got the flawless one after 5 attempts with Raiden since scorpion and Sub didn't do damage with their attacks, just getting in the poison. Same with the reptile fight, they didn't hurt me, only the poison.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People on Twitch trying to tell me highs aren't suppose to whiff crouching opponents in MK. Think they're confusing mids with highs.
They are or they just don't know what they're talking about.

Overhead = will hit ducking blocking opponent, needs to be blocked high
High = duckable, only hits standing
mid = hits standing and ducking, but can be blocked in both positions
low = hits low, has to be blocked low, will hit standing blocking oponent

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Sub/Scorp Tower was fun and worth it for the skins they reward. Tag battle is great.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Scorpion Sub tower is nice, but I wish they gave you more incentive to actually switch between the two. I just play Scorpion because I know him better and have no problem beating the challenges with him alone.

Like imagine a fight where the opponent switches between the fire and ice auras, but they don't affect the corresponding character. That would actually be a clever use of the auras, unlike the current bullshit you see in the towers.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
So the glitch that has been fixed. It let you skip over getting heads right? How are those heads acquired normally?

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
They are or they just don't know what they're talking about.

Overhead = will hit ducking blocking opponent, needs to be blocked high
High = duckable, only hits standing
mid = hits standing and ducking, but can be blocked in both positions
low = hits low, has to be blocked low, will hit standing blocking oponent

Just irked me because this person played the, "I've been competing in MK my entire life" card and others jumped in saying I just don't know what I'm talking about lol.

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just irked me because this person played the, "I've been competing in MK my entire life" card and others jumped in saying I just don't know what I'm talking about lol.
I know how you feel--nothing irritates me more than people swearing they're right about something when they're way off the mark. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure they even knew they were full of shit, they were just doubling down on it as many tend to do.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
No they aren't, it seems you don't understand the concept of jailing. When you are hit with a D1 the highs are supposed to connect right after. This shit is bugged.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, meteor almost killed me but I was harpooning a guy and it landed right next to me. Gonna clip it.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017

Nah, I was in that chat and this is not what you were claiming. You were saying highs whiff on crouch blocking opponents, which by and large is not the case. Almost all high attacks will still connect with a crouch blocking opponent's guard.

Some highs will still whiff on a crouch blocking opponent - either because they are special highs meant to always whiff unless standing or just because their hitboxes are set too high to match the vertical hurtbox increase of crouch block. But the "general rule" of Mortal Kombat is that if you want a high to whiff you need to let go of block while you are ducking. It's at the core of a lot of things such as this game's projectile and throw concepts, which hasn't changed in many years.

If you want to test this correctly in training, you have to set the AI to "Stance Hold" for Block Mode. Otherwise the training dummy will not actually hold block unless necessary to defend.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
No they aren't, it seems you don't understand the concept of jailing. When you are hit with a D1 the highs are supposed to connect right after. This shit is bugged.

A d3 makes you stand not a d1. Also, that was not the conversation at all. People were just saying highs are suppose to connect with neutral crouching, which isn't true.

EDIT; and block crouching, which I was wrong about there.

Last edited:

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I error crashed on PS4 on the penultimate fight of one of the token-summoned towers. :(

I was able to complete it after restarting but having to restart at all was pretty inconvenient.

Never had a crash before, guessing the new patch kinda destabilized things going off the tone of conversation?