• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
You can see why so many developers are going in this direction. People love to hate loot but at the same time can't get enough of it. It's like crack.

My thoughts exactly. People think "oh Ed Boone and Netherealm probably hate the fact that no one is applauding the game, and instead focusing on the loot."

When in reality they are probably eating popcorn watching this thread in Chicago laughing their asses off saying "We did it! We turned the world into dope...I mean Loot fiends in a matter of days!"

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand the point of the extended hook grab for Kabal. Even see it used in tournaments only for them to get punished for it.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
So I don't know if it was today or yesterday, but I certainly noticed it today that the CD of the healing items is way lower. Before if I hit one in round 1 I might.. Maybe get to use it again at the end of round 3. Now if the round drags on at all it can be hit every round. Much better. Far more useful

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Ehhh I bought MK11 primarily to play online, which I have been. But I'm a sucker for customization. So unfortunately I need to split my gaming time between playing online and doing Towers. Just in the hopes I can get SOME options for visual customization. I suspect a few people are getting caught up in that and ignoring the online portion.

I could be way off base, I don't know.

Anywho, anyone using Skarlet? I'm not sure what her parry actually parries. Is it only mids?

But that's just it, if you're way into getting cosmetics, customizing your fighter(s) and playing them how you like then this game (almost) discourages online play. MK11 is a great game NR has made some bizarre choices.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, this is true.

But at the same time it's also true that pretty much no one in this thread is discussing the fighting game itself.

Yesterday I suggested organizing a KOTH for PS4 players in this thread and I got literally one response.

It was like this for Injustice 2 as well people will get tired of playing the towers and talk about the game. If you wanna run sets sometime send me your username on PSN I'm always down to run them.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Am I the only one that only get one new daily challenge per day?
I thin I habe not seen a challenge in the second and third slot since the first hotfix

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this is true.

But at the same time it's also true that pretty much no one in this thread is discussing the fighting game itself.

Yesterday I suggested organizing a KOTH for PS4 players in this thread and I got literally one response.

I'd be down for playing. Feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like. Mine is Xevren11 hoping to play some this weekend.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Am I the only one that only get one new daily challenge per day?
I thin I habe not seen a challenge in the second and third slot since the first hotfix

I just get one per day too and it looks like one of the ones I left incomplete from a few days ago actually stuck and now occupies my 2nd slot, waiting for me to complete it.

Makes me guess that unfinished ones remain in your queue until you actually complete them or you abandon them, hence you can go three days picking up challenges in a row without completing any of them before you need to start clearing them to take on more?

Which is an odd thing, but so is the entire grind setup so I guess it fits whatever whack months-long grind philosophy they designed it with in the first place.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there something borked with the character portraits on PC? I'm referring to the little ones that represent your different variations when you select a character. All of the ones I've made changes to are shifted to the left so all you can see is a small part of the characters arm instead of the entire body (and therefore costume).

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the sub scorp tower that took the place of that terrible scorpion boss one. It was super fun!! Played through the entire thing without AI and loved it! Need more towers like that

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone successfully utilizing the hop during an online match? I keep forgetting it's available and it just seems very risky to use.

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
Is there something borked with the character portraits on PC? I'm referring to the little ones that represent your different variations when you select a character. All of the ones I've made changes to are shifted to the left so all you can see is a small part of the characters arm instead of the entire body (and therefore costume).

Anything above 1080p borks them.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
go8kkff4ntv21.jpg

Shawn Kittelsen confirms the mystery woman from Jade's MK9 ending was her mother.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
How do you have her set up?

She's my main, haha.

Would love to see this build!

What's your setup? My Jade is too inconsistent. I used a setting from Reddit but it kinda sucks.

Alright back from work. Here's the build.

Abilities.
-Amplify blazing Nitro kick.
-Deadly Assassin.
-Edenian Spark.

AI points.
20 Combo.
10 Reversal.
25 Zoning.
5 Runaway.

I hope I have not over-sold her but this set up has served me well.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody know how to deal with random server disconnections? I haven't been able to get the longest classic tower done after trying about five times because the server keeps kicking me off any mode if I'm on too long. I don't have this issue with any other games and my connection seems fine?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heads of all chars get.
What else should I focus glitch wise? Am opening doors left and right, but certainly am missing much?

Shinnok's amulet is the other big one. As for more helpful tips, save a lockpick for the 250k chest in the Dead Woods, and save Sindel's ring for Shang Tsung's throne room and treasure rooms

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all. I am trying to link moral Kombat mobile with the pc version and I keep getting a "failed to link to mobile. Try again later" message. Is this a known issue and is there a way to fix it?

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please don't misunderstand me... not saying anyone should do or not do anything. Obviously we're all free to discuss whatever it is we want.

I'm saying I don't see the appeal of fighting the AI over and over and over, collecting koins, etc. I guess I'm just an old fart now.
As someone that's currently in the top 0.01% on the ToT leaderboard, I'm not doing it cause it's fun. I'm doing it cause I want all the unlockables, the customization, and to have as much of the game as possible. I find it annnoying that I have to grind so much with AI. I WANT to play the game, but this is just how they made it.

I can tell you that I'm currently at a lower score than last week, yet I'm considerably higher on the leaderboard. So it is slowing down, and there should be a good drop off next week. There already was one this week. The grinders are getting their gear now (I may have absolutely everything today, tomorrow at the latest), so there won't be a reason to grind for money anymore. Just to do the new towers, which there are a lot of repeats, and to actually do some for fun manually rather than AI. I'll be moving towards actually playing and going online soon.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
As someone that's currently in the top 0.01% on the ToT leaderboard, I'm not doing it cause it's fun. I'm doing it cause I want all the unlockables, the customization, and to have as much of the game as possible. I find it annnoying that I have to grind so much with AI. I WANT to play the game, but this is just how they made it.

I can tell you that I'm currently at a lower score than last week, yet I'm considerably higher on the leaderboard. So it is slowing down, and there should be a good drop off next week. There already was one this week. The grinders are getting their gear now (I may have absolutely everything today, tomorrow at the latest), so there won't be a reason to grind for money anymore. Just to do the new towers, which there are a lot of repeats, and to actually do some for fun manually rather than AI. I'll be moving towards actually playing and going online soon.

High five fellow top 0.01%'er! I am doing all of this now so I don't have to do a lot of this later myself.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I've only been doing SP grinding since launch while I can. I love customization stuff, and want to have a good pool of it for when I start playing online. I like to mix it up every session.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also pitching in saying I want customization options too. These towers suck but how else are we gonna unlock brutalities? Doing the same fatalities over and over will start to get boring while brutalities challenge you to see if you can pull off. That and not everybody wants to see zombie Liu Kang all the time.