• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now I'm a bit peeved off.

I'm trying to do Sub-Zero's summon tower and needed to do 100 Krushing Blows (which... blows).

I had used him a lot so I was at 71/100, so I entered a tower and started counting. I did 29 Krushing Blows and... the tower says I was 84/100.

I went back and started doing more. I have now done 66 Krushing Blows... and the tower says I'm at 95/100.

It's ALREADY a stupid grind, but I'm really wondering if the towers are bugged or something since I'm keeping track of how many I'm doing. Very frustrating.

I've noticed this as well, there's something really off on the tracking of these. I was at 124/125 on one of the steps, did one of the towers that was just 1 fight and did the requirement and didn't get it. Then for whatever reason after doing it again I got it.

TrickyPhysics

Oct 28, 2017
I've noticed this as well, there's something really off on the tracking of these. I was at 124/125 on one of the steps, did one of the towers that was just 1 fight and did the requirement and didn't get it. Then for whatever reason after doing it again I got it.

I've seen a few different people saying only the d2 one was actually registering for the count but I can't confirm for sure.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Considering what a grind some of these requirements are, the fact that they aren't "counting" even when you do them is pretty awful.

Hopefully they can address that.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now I'm a bit peeved off.

I'm trying to do Sub-Zero's summon tower and needed to do 100 Krushing Blows (which... blows).

I had used him a lot so I was at 71/100, so I entered a tower and started counting. I did 29 Krushing Blows and... the tower says I was 84/100.

I went back and started doing more. I have now done 66 Krushing Blows... and the tower says I'm at 95/100.

It's ALREADY a stupid grind, but I'm really wondering if the towers are bugged or something since I'm keeping track of how many I'm doing. Very frustrating.

Yeah, with Cassie I can get 4-5 krushing blows a match, yet I'm still not even close to completing that requirement yet.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
I can't wait to hop online and just focus on that after I get all the heads. I am gonna get destroyed but I may learn along the way at least lol

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I wish ranked was best of 3 instead of first to 3, matches just feel a bit long.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
XfgeiYy.png

giphy.gif

30 kombo/reversal. Spirit ball, shadow portal, air sickle port. Made it to opponent 65 .
Been trying out your build and the AI keeps whiffing his spirit ball juggle in the corner vs the women cast =/ His d.1 followup always whiff.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what happened but I'm having a great time with Kabal and I won ten matches in a row against 3 different opponents today. People do not respect the low hook sword projectile.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I feel like I want to try a different character tomorrow, been playing a lot of Noob Saibot and it feels like people have really figured him out.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Cheating gets easier the more you do it.

Is it cheating? I assumed it was just classic MK hidden trickery that players were smart enough to discover. You know, like Mercies. I know I'm supposed to Google how to do them. I haven't bothered yet. But as a player, I assume the head thing is just a similar hidden Easter egg, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

This is like literal lockpicking lmao

You're not wrong. Sorry if I missed it, but did you get those maskless variants using the shrine in the end?

Do I need those other two things (amulets) first? How do I get into that Kytinn place?

1) The head trick: hold down X during the Krypt loading screen. Now, the first chest you get close to will unlock. So avoid the chests/soul containers on the way, and walk to the head chests. Get close enough to one, and it'll open. Quit out and repeat until they're done.

2) Using the head trick, open the door near the forge that's sealed with the dragon logo. That'll get you into the hive.

3) The amulet trick: pull the left lever to show Shinnok's special amulet hole. Easy way to unlock it without the amulet is to line up the padlock icon on the wheel with the X to open icon on one of the soul containers. Stand somewhere that permits you to swap between the X and the padlock, and repeatedly tap X while moving the camera until it pops. The hard way to do this involves the same strategy, but using the X of one of the levers. But you can't tap without activating the lever, so you need to time the X press right, and hit it right as you move the camera from the X to the lock. You don't need the other two items, but they're easy to obtain.

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Is it cheating? I assumed it was just classic Mk hidden trickery that players were smart enough to discover. You know, like Mercies. I know I'm supposed to Google how to do them. I haven't bothered yet. But as a player, I assume the head thing is just a similar hidden Easter egg, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

You're not wrong. Sorry if I missed it, but did you get those maskless variants using the shrine in the end?

1) The head trick: hold down X during the Krypt loading screen. Now, the first chest you get close to will unlock. So avoid the chests/soul containers on the way, and walk to the head chests. Get close enough to one, and it'll open. Quit out and repeat until they're done.

2) Using the head trick, open the door near the forge that's sealed with the dragon logo. That'll get you into the hive.

3) The amulet trick: pull the left lever to show Shinnok's special amulet hole. Easy way to unlock it without the amulet is to line up the padlock icon on the wheel with the X to open icon on one of the soul containers. Stand somewhere that permits you to swap between the X and the padlock, and reoeatedly tap X while moving the camera until it pops. The hard way to do this involves the same strategy, but using the X of one of the levers. But you can't tap without activating the lever, so you need to time the X press right, and hit it right as you move the camera from the X to the lock. You don't need the other two items, but they're easy to obtain.

Nope, spent up to 3M and nothing. So I got pissed and unlocked all the heads with the glitch. Now that's worth it lol

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
It took TWENTY-FIVE spins but at last I have the ANCIENT BLOOD MAGIC maskless for my beloved SKARLET

praise boon

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Got home and did the Medallion glitch.

Took me a while as I had already opened both Soul Cannisters near the place where you set the Shinnok's Medallion, but I ended up making the glitch work off of the unopened treasure chest. Wasn't as easy as the demonstrated videos I've seen.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
I think my game is bugged, I only get 1 challenge each day ever since I skipped 2 of them.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Johnny: What's it gonna take for you to respect me?
Sonya: Partial, maybe full vasectomy.
Johnny: I love it when you talk dirty.

lol

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you watch the video or are you saying that by the troll image on the thumb? These placements are pretty much the consensus among the pro players.
Yup, i don't agree with one or two placements, but i agree with everything else. REO is a really smart player, he's usually right when it comes to tiers, and he guessed nerfs on characters weeks before they happened on MKX.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize that the 75 fatalities that I needed wouldn't be counted until I actually got that tower opened up. That's SOOOO annoying. I'm ok needing these things but NOT ok with them not being retroactive.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some good ass matches going on rn on spookys streanlm

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy to see Kitana being well represented by Semiij, most people were disappointed by her drastic gameplay changes and undervalued her.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy to see Kitana being well represented by Semiij, most people were disappointed by her drastic gameplay changes and undervalued her.
nobody thinks she is a bad character, its just she lost her unique appeal when fan combos were taken out. now she is just another string character and thats not the reason kitana fans are playing her

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, AI Battles also give out Elder skins. Nice

Since the big patch rewards for AI battles are really good. Lot's of cool skins or gear. I'd recommend everyone do them. If you do 5 attack battles and 5 defense battles each day you get an extra reward. Unfortunately hardly anybody is battling my defense team anymore. :/ At least PSN friends can find you easily and battle you. Jadeinchains you need to keep up the work! :D

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
So can you work on the 75 fatalities for multiple characters at a time? if I get to the point where I need 75 for Noob, then replace the tower and get to that same point with Frost, if I play Noob in towers will they count towards his or JUST frosts since her's is the active tower?

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Is it cheating? I assumed it was just classic MK hidden trickery that players were smart enough to discover. You know, like Mercies. I know I'm supposed to Google how to do them. I haven't bothered yet. But as a player, I assume the head thing is just a similar hidden Easter egg, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

3) The amulet trick: pull the left lever to show Shinnok's special amulet hole. Easy way to unlock it without the amulet is to line up the padlock icon on the wheel with the X to open icon on one of the soul containers. Stand somewhere that permits you to swap between the X and the padlock, and repeatedly tap X while moving the camera until it pops. The hard way to do this involves the same strategy, but using the X of one of the levers. But you can't tap without activating the lever, so you need to time the X press right, and hit it right as you move the camera from the X to the lock. You don't need the other two items, but they're easy to obtain.
I'm trying to do it, but no luck yet. Do I need to be able to open the green soul things already? Mine are locked.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I think this match makes it clear how busted Erron Black is, this is not the player winnning anymore. Sylverrye was robbed.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
This game is fun to watch. Most fighting game people I subscribe to on youtube are too busy playing bullshit Towers to upload real gameplay

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
4am but enjoying this tournament so gotta power through. Also just ordered Mortal Kombat on Blu-ray, its been a few years since I've seen it so figure it's about time :D