• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
If any game deserved to be glitched to get cosmetic stuff it's this one. NRS pulled an absolute BS move with this game and it's RNG crap.

From reddit

• Jade - Stage 1 of her character specific Tower of Time (requires 25k koins to unlock)
  • Scorpion - Stage 3 of his character specific Tower of Time (requires completing Stage 1 and 2)
  • Frost - Stage 3 of her character specific Tower of Time (requires completing Stage 1 and 2)
  • Kitana, Scarlet and Kabal - Spending 75k koins in the Shrine where you "Pay Tribute to the Gods" gives you 2 random gear items, these characters maskless gear options can only be found here.
  • Sub-Zero - Haven't found any information on where to find it yet, if anyone has, please let us know below.
  • Erron Black - He has several gear options that lack a mask, easiest one to get is in his Heart Chest located at "Wooden Bridge (-1055, -7033)" its a small underground area near The Shrine that requires Scorpion's spear to access most of it.
Thanks for this. I've been putting in 75,000 koins into the shrine for most of today hoping to get Skarlet's and Kitana's, glad to see I was doing the right thing. I guess I'll start Jade's character tower next too.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Default AI Cassie has been a good earner. I don't think she's lost more than 30% of her health in any round of the towers I've had her do.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I finally decided to play a little online, as I have almost every other trophy, so why not...

I am currently failing at 1-11 🎉

I miss my AI things. LOL

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I finally decided to play a little online, as I have almost every other trophy, so why not...

I am currently failing at 1-11 🎉

I miss my AI things. LOL
9651.jpg

You've made a huge mistake.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: "easy" 2000 coins and 50 souls glitch for console.

Until patched, you can unlock other things in the Krypt with the infamous "head glitch". e.g., I unlocked the door near the Courtyard that required the Dragon Amulet.

However, not all things will remain unlocked, and will even return you to the title screen, such as the locked gates with chests behind them. In fact, you'll get a pop-up message stating "There was an error contacting the Mortal Kombat server."

But some of those locked gates do reward you for unlocking them, and it's instances like these where you can make some easy money.

-In the Krypt, go to Goro's Lair, then make your way to the Kenshi's Last Stand room (where you got the blindfold).

-Go to the menu and exit the Krypt.

-Load the Krypt again, but be sure to enable the head glitch by holding X/A on your controller.

-You'll respawn in the Kenshi's Last Stand room.

-Turn around, and head down towards the left where there's a locked gate with a chest placed behind it.

-Because of the glitch, you will be able to unlock the gate without needing the item required for it.

-The error message will pop up. Ignore it for now.

-The notification that you received 2000 koins and 50 souls will pop up in the right hand corner of the screen. This will be reflected in the lower left of the screen.

-Now press X/A to return to the title screen.

-Go to Konquer, then select Krypt again. Hold X/A. Repeat.

This takes 45-50 seconds on a regular PS4 with standard HDD.

This is also very tedious, but can be useful if you're in need of some quick souls and koins and there are no other options available to you. I wouldn't recommend doing it to get 10K souls, for instance. On PC, just use Cheat Engine or something.

For comparison, doing a 1-round fight with very easy AI can still take a minute or more, as they tend to block. That fight will also only reward 10 souls (and some hearts, if you do a fatality/brutality).

So, uh... Have fun?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just died crushed by a meteorite on the krypt, I didn't even think it was possible lmao

Lol, that's awesome. I had been wondering if this could happen. You should've gotten an achievement or some other reward for it since It's probably a very rare occurance.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Got my Switch copy! I'm playing a bit before the initial patch and Jade feels quite different (compared to PC). I hope she's back to normal after the full download! I also hope the head glitch works in about 5 hours. Honestly, it doesn't look too bad in handheld mode, and it truly feels like MK11. Now to grind twice as much ;(

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
I just died crushed by a meteorite on the krypt, I didn't even think it was possible lmao

The very first meteorite that fell in the Krypt for me was when I was opening a Kronika vault thing in the same room. Right after I closed the rewards screen for that a meteorite slammed into me and killed me. I actually thought it was scripted like that at first, haha.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Welp, spent 2M on Shrine and no faceless masks. They're rare af.

UGH. These items are too important. There has to be a better way.

Does anyone happen to know if Kitana's Edenian Blue (story mode costume) is in a specific chest? I've found khest kontents lists online, but they vary in terms of completeness. Just wondering if anyone spotted it.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, the Shao Kahn chest in the very last room you unlock with the heads is a bunch of Kabal stuff.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
UGH. These items are too important. There has to be a better way.

Does anyone happen to know if Kitana's Edenian Blue (story mode costume) is in a specific chest? I've found khest kontents lists online, but they vary in terms of completeness. Just wondering if anyone spotted it.

Oh, and for anyone wondering, the Shao Kahn chest in the very last room you unlock with the heads is a bunch of Kabal stuff.

I think I got her blue story outfit from a Soul chest. Those 100 ones. Pretty random drop.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish there was a way to set your main and get notifications whenever a tower pops up containing gear and/or a skin for them.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So I'm kind of stuck in the Krypt. I just saved up souls to fix the bridge, but that wasn't the way forward... I still haven't finished the story mode. Do you get any items for beating the story that will help you unlock certain doors? I know of at least 2 doors that require a specific item. There is also another path that is locked behind a skeleton key door but I'm out of keys. Maybe I should spend some koins to repopulate chests?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't express how annoying the augment mechanic is. I already dislike ToT and when the game gives me useless stuff like that I can't help but roll my eyes.

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks to the gift koins, got shitloads of skins, brutalities and fatalities today!

Still need the OG ninja skin and miho demon mask for Scorpion.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to get the hang of pulling off getup rolls and attacks, but for the life of me, I can't do a breakaway to save my life.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish there was a way to set your main and get notifications whenever a tower pops up containing gear and/or a skin for them.

I wish there was a notification when the premium shop has one of the costumes or gear parts that you want. I can't check every single day, lol. And once I miss checking a day I'm paranoid I might have missed my chance to buy it and that I have to wait like another year for the next chance, lol. It's kinda stressing me out.

Does anyone happen to know if Kitana's Edenian Blue (story mode costume) is in a specific chest?

The skin I am looking for too. It seems to be really rare and not located in any chest. People are guessing it is only obtainable in the shrine slot machine.
Same goes for her maskless mask, so far a no show.

I think I got her blue story outfit from a Soul chest. Those 100 ones. Pretty random drop.

Sure it is the story skin? There are several skins that are really close but not the elusive "Edenian Blue".

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Does anybody have tips on blocking? I'm so horrible at it. Maybe I'll block the first hit and the second one will open me up and I just get thrashed.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody have tips on blocking? I'm so horrible at it. Maybe I'll block the first hit and the second one will open me up and I just get thrashed.
You gotta learn what you can punish off a block. Letting go of the button in the middle of a string unless ou know that you can get something off before the next attack is a recipe for punishment.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
You gotta learn what you can punish off a block. Letting go of the button in the middle of a string unless ou know that you can get something off before the next attack is a recipe for punishment.

Well, I'm not letting go of the button though. I'm holding on for dear life and blocking like a chump still. I'm not even trying to punish yet.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm not letting go of the button though. I'm holding on for dear life and blocking like a chump still. I'm not even trying to punish yet.
You gottan know when to crouch and stand while blocking. Combos will incorporate overheads and low attacks so you need to block accordingly.

Oct 26, 2017
Baraka with augments is downright disgusting in single player. If you can manage to get any of the "each hit in a combo deals 3%/6%/9% extra damage", then you can absolutely melt lifebars with him.

A simple one bar combo with those augments can do up to 75% damage on your opponents. I love Baraka. He makes grinding these towers so much fun.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
By the way. I managed to beat that hard as fuck Scorpion tower yesterday with some randoms. Took me quite a few tries, constantly switching the randoms I was matched up with. More often than not people only did a sliver of damage before they got destroyed. In the match that we won I got to start the fight and managed to bring his health all the way down to less than 30% before I bit the dust. The second guy only got 3-4 hits in, but thankfully our final team member brought it home. I was so fucking happy.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Get a feel for when opponents are going to mix overheads and lows into their strings, then stand or crouch to respond accordingly. Don't feel bad if you can't do it immediately, because I sure can't. This shit's tricky in every fighting game.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've chopped off so many legs with Kabal's rolling buzzsaw. Probably the easiest brutality in the world.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017

First thing I'd say is that you should "default" to blocking low in this game. Most of the overhead attacks (the only attacks that force you to block standing) are slower than average and you want to start learning how to let go of crouch to block them only when you actually see one coming. That will take a while, but in general stand blocking is more dangerous than low blocking. So when you aren't sure what your opponent is doing, just try to make sure you are low blocking and make them give you a reason to stand block.

Otherwise it is mostly a knowledge based thing - knowing what kind of strings each character has - so while you are learning right now don't be afraid that you are blocking too much. Focus more on observing opponents and making intentional moves than winning for now. Otherwise you will be so eager to retaliate after blocking that you'll let go of block and eat the remaining hits of a string you didn't know were coming. Getting better at the game is all about knowing what your opponent has access to so you have a good idea of what they will want to do and how to prepare a response.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They could reset them though. Its easy to see who glitched because normally you also should have the heads in your inventory even after using them.

They cant do anything.

I opened all the chests in Shang Tsung then used the Kronika rewind and opened more.

I used my real currency for all that. On top of that I legit grinded the character towers in the same few hours.

If they even attempt to reroll they basically steal from me. A customer that spent 100 bucks for their premium edition.

I'd like to see them try. They would unleash massive shitstorm.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
PSA: "easy" 2000 coins and 50 souls glitch for console.

Until patched, you can unlock other things in the Krypt with the infamous "head glitch". e.g., I unlocked the door near the Courtyard that required the Dragon Amulet.

However, not all things will remain unlocked, and will even return you to the title screen, such as the locked gates with chests behind them. In fact, you'll get a pop-up message stating "There was an error contacting the Mortal Kombat server."

But some of those locked gates do reward you for unlocking them, and it's instances like these where you can make some easy money.

-In the Krypt, go to Goro's Lair, then make your way to the Kenshi's Last Stand room (where you got the blindfold).

-Go to the menu and exit the Krypt.

-Load the Krypt again, but be sure to enable the head glitch by holding X/A on your controller.

-You'll respawn in the Kenshi's Last Stand room.

-Turn around, and head down towards the left where there's a locked gate with a chest placed behind it.

-Because of the glitch, you will be able to unlock the gate without needing the item required for it.

-The error message will pop up. Ignore it for now.

-The notification that you received 2000 koins and 50 souls will pop up in the right hand corner of the screen. This will be reflected in the lower left of the screen.

-Now press X/A to return to the title screen.

-Go to Konquer, then select Krypt again. Hold X/A. Repeat.

This takes 45-50 seconds on a regular PS4 with standard HDD.

This is also very tedious, but can be useful if you're in need of some quick souls and koins and there are no other options available to you. I wouldn't recommend doing it to get 10K souls, for instance. On PC, just use Cheat Engine or something.

For comparison, doing a 1-round fight with very easy AI can still take a minute or more, as they tend to block. That fight will also only reward 10 souls (and some hearts, if you do a fatality/brutality).

So, uh... Have fun?
Thank you!

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Playing this game makes me realize I'll never get a hang of frame data. So many times guys have out hit with me faster attacks that I don't have the reflexes to react to