• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I just completed that stupid broken Scorpion boss fight (I am on PC so not sure of they ever changed anything on consoles). That was super frustrating, fire, rockets and weird flame tornados everywhere, I was on point with Cassie and managed to do like 60 to 70% damage exploiting the AI (After so many tries), next guy using Noob did some good work and got Scorpion to like 10% life, and the final guy using Kano somehow managed to close it out with a Fatal Blow and with what seemed like 1% health despite the screen being literally so busy with fire everywhere, I literally jumped from my chair once the announcer said FINISH HIM and Kano was the one still moving.

Please tell me they modified something on consoles already, I don't wanna go through that shit again.

I got great news, you can block the rockets. That's it, have fun.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
stopping tonight at top 7.2% players in the tower event. Hope to wake up to still being top 10 for the time krystals.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
So you do all the work of getting the 3 amulets to open a door and...a few chests. Wow. Just watched that on Maximilian Dood's stream.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Good patch.

So what's missing :

- Souls rewards increased

- Grind requirements lowered (character specific towers and Krypt unlocks like 50 fatalities on every character)

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to do the Scorpion group tower and every time after I die the fucking game freezes. What the fuck...

On PS4.
Did this ducking game just kick me out of the base ass tower mode because I didn't have an internet connection? What the fuck?

Kinda glad I am not the only one, I thought my PS4, which didn't ever make any problems, was going to suddenly die. I have lots lof game freezes, data reading errors, being thrown out of the game, and one time in a tower match the screen first froze and the entire PS4 just turned off.

What did you do to piss off RNGesus?

Lol, maybe it is because I mostly open 10k chests and upwards, because I want the skins and gear.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought my Krushing blows as Erron were easy.

I dont play my Erron like this at all. Whats the safe mix though?

Your overhead string is safe and starts with a mid, your starter overhead is basically unreactable and has the amplify follow up etc...

It's cursed.

Yeah they need to boost soul rewards and cut the fatality req for heads by 25.

I didn't you agreeing with reducing 125 fatal blows, 150 krushing blows and 50 flawless victories etc...

Probably an oversight on your part !

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Your overhead string is safe and starts with a mid, your starter overhead is basically unreactable and has the amplify follow up etc...

It's cursed.

I didn't you agreeing with reducing 125 fatal blows, 150 krushing blows and 50 flawless victories etc...

Probably an oversight on your part !

They gotta reduce those too. All the grind shit.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't play the character so I don't know the inputs for it. Cloud805 was figuring him out a few days back and I'm sure some tournament players have put it in action if you're interested.

I guess I'll just watch some high level play and go "oh I know those."

I refuse to play my Erron like in that video though.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
This may be an oversight or whatever, but I'm just thinking about it, but I was watching match videos Xuses uploaded and maybe brutalities are unfair because if a character with a projectile brutality wins with a projectile then that's fucked up because not all players necessarily have access to that brutality. Know what I mean? Since the brutalities aren't unlocked until you've unlocked them. Or am I wrong? It might seem like a small thing, but is actually fucked up if you think about it. What does everyone think?

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
This is the grindiest shit I've experienced since farming reputation in vanilla WoW to get the war kodo mount as a troll.

And it's getting great reviews and selling like crazy. RIP.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
So I'm thinking about getting this, but would only have it for a week, and wouldn't be able to play it everyday due to real life.

How long does it take to beat the story?

And what is the current install size with patches included?

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
So wait the patch had a 'gift'? I'm on PS4 and got the patch but no gift whats the deal? Koins are the same when I logged off (a paltry 1000). Anybody else?

SCJoe

Nov 8, 2017
Sorry if there is another thread, but has the PC version been updated to the ps4 version as far as character moves? I want to buy the game but my local community plays ps4 so i would have no real way to practice for tournaments if its a different version.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the grindiest shit I've experienced since farming reputation in vanilla WoW to get the war kodo mount as a troll.

And it's getting great reviews and selling like crazy. RIP.
You need to ask yourself why you're engaging with that grind if you hate it. It's just skins and such.

It's a fighting game. The fighting is damn good. Hence good reviews. (Not saying reviews shouldn't point out this grind or they're not entitled to score low because of it, they totally are, but most reviews of fighting games tend to focus on the core fighting)

Nov 3, 2017
The hearts upgrade is much better, souls still need a lot of work and the krypt is still just grind RNG into overpriced roadblock which is a damn shame cause it's super fun exploring it

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think NRS listens.

So now that they fixed difficulty, hearts and koins, let's get them to fix Souls, and requirements grind (character towers and krypt unlocks).

Sorry if there is another thread, but has the PC version been updated to the ps4 version as far as character moves? I want to buy the game but my local community plays ps4 so i would have no real way to practice for tournaments if its a different version.

No.

It's coming this week for PC.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
The gauntlet tower's against cassie and jackie still feel pretty unfun post patch. definitely more within reach, but it's still just getting spammed by 1000 things at once.

My AI Sonya beat it with no consumables after a few tries after the patch.

It couldn't do it pre patch. Maybe if I had let it sit overnight it would had got lucky, haha.

Oct 26, 2017
Do the 50 fatalities have to be in a row without fighting others in between for the heads?

No, it's just 50 total fatalities on that character. It does not have to be done consecutively.

If you've been doing fatalities after every fight, you'll eventually get each head. It's just a reward that everyone will get eventually if they don't grind for it.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I am still consistently getting crashes on some Towers of Time in the Switch version. It's happening when I set my AI fighter to on and let the CPU do the dirty work for me. It'll be fine for a fight or two (on longer towers) and then randomly crash while going to the next fight.

I decided to go back to Xenoblade 2 while I wait for the second patch to drop.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
You need to ask yourself why you're engaging with that grind if you hate it. It's just skins and such.

It's a fighting game. The fighting is damn good. Hence good reviews. (Not saying reviews shouldn't point out this grind or they're not entitled to score low because of it, they totally are, but most reviews of fighting games tend to focus on the core fighting)

I'm not doing the grind. Just saying it would be a much better game if unlocking stuff was fun. Sure the core gameplay is important, but the fighting game players who straight up don't care about costumes and stuff are definitely the minority. It's part of the genre. Even pro players like some cool stuff. Look at the huge backlash over the "characters are just functions" comment.

I just think it should have more points deducted for the grinding. A 9.5 is just crazy. It's not the fighting game messiah.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
What makes it worse is that he also get the most brain dead krushing blows AND safe mix on top of it.

Shit is completely ridiculous.
I think the best option here is to dash/wavedash in while looking at erron like an hawk and start blocking the moment he starts to animate (thanks to dash being cancelable with block). Yeah youll eat unavoidable chip and dot damage but I think its the less shitty option you have.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Claimed my free gift. Not really much to do with it though since I've opened most of everything and need another 9,000 souls or something to gain entry to other locations in the krypt lol.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
This may be an oversight or whatever, but I'm just thinking about it, but I was watching match videos Xuses uploaded and maybe brutalities are unfair because if a character with a projectile brutality wins with a projectile then that's fucked up because not all players necessarily have access to that brutality. Know what I mean? Since the brutalities aren't unlocked until you've unlocked them. Or am I wrong? It might seem like a small thing, but is actually fucked up if you think about it. What does everyone think?

I'm new to the series (from a competitive standpoint; I've played them casually since the first game) but I'm pretty sure brutalities only trigger if the move is going to KO anyway. They're essentially a glorified victory pose.