• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
You're not supposed to beat it by yourself. The tower gives you free buffs, including instant healing that you can use.

Seriously, it's not that hard. With a competent team of three you can beat it.

Yeah well after 15 random teams it didn't happen. Not even close. I'm not good enough to fight the AI on hard. Just be honest and say it's a hard level AI. That's all I'm asking. Stop saying it's sodding medium

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Aw fuck I didn't know you could get gear from AI battles, just got a gun for Cassie, I usually just mash through the results

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Everything delayed on PC/Xbox cuz they probably have a skeleton crew working on this update ASAP from the backlash. I can see them not being able to test it out on all the other consoles at once. Just not enough time, I suppose.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Did you guys hear about Kombat Pack 3 being data mined? Apparently 19 additional characters (total, not including Shao Kahn). NRS gonna be supporting this for the next two years for sure. A guy in the FB group I belong to posted these.
58461319_610058982842817_5472040458274209792_n.jpg

59301578_610059009509481_946625575315832832_n.jpg

58943325_610059039509478_2557464883725598720_n.jpg

58978435_610059066176142_6635350230344663040_n.jpg

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
19 named, or "supports 19 slots" kinda thing?
I guess supported, otherwise he would have just listed em, but he also wrote this message,

"Nah dude this is 19 DLC slots that are for Characters only!
Not skins, not stages, not gear only Characters
With programming code there's no room for ambiguity you have to be precise with every command or break the entire line/section of code if not the entire program as much as a semi colon put out of place and it breaks that part of the code
So they have to literally specify what type of DLC it's intended for and it does specify that these slots are intended for 3 Kombat Packs and that they are for Characters
Of you look at the pictures highlighted sections you can see this
PS used to study programming code when I was still in education"

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got tired of grinding and leveling in Injustice 2 after about 6 months or when Fighter Pack 3 dropped.

This game is trying to burn me out in 6 days.

I'm already burnt out no post fight rewards for PVP is trash in a fighting game the best rewards should come from playing online not sicking your AI on a tower while you watch tv or play on your phone. I mean sure you get like 100 coins and 10 souls so in an afternoon you can open one 5k chest maybe.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Xbox version back to having day-one enemy stats in ToT until the patch drops?

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
That's actually just left-over code from Injustice 2. In that game the DLCs were called "Fighter Packs" rather than "Kombat Packs" and there were indeed 3 of them.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just ran 5 AI Battles, and won 5, but unlocked 6 skins. One win was a double drop. The drop rate on skins there must be improved x1000% times or more

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man y'all weren't kidding about AI Sonya. Reminds of the Batgod build from Injustice.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
He also claims the Switch leak was fake. Or what I can gather from what he said is that it's at least incomplete.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, check your AI Battle Log after the patch, I was awarded 4 skins instantly. And among those the imo best Sub-Zero skin, the one of the story mode, finally! :D

46947889844_8f2774b1d0_o.png

Maybe being awarded AI Battle skins is now more easier. I fought so many AI battles pre patch and only got augments.
Yup. Got 4 skins rewards just by "playing" the five daily AI battles. Never got anything like it before today.

(not this Sub-Zero though...)

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually just left-over code from Injustice 2. In that game the DLCs were called "Fighter Packs" rather than "Kombat Packs" and there were indeed 3 of them.
With 19 DLC slots?

Here's more stuff he wrote,

"Man none of the other leaks actually had the games code come with them from multiple sources all confirming the findings
The switch leak was a fake btw
Oh and it was 12 DLC not including Shao Kahn but 13 including Shao Kahn
Some people count him as fully fledged DLC some people only count him as Preorder Bonus
So some people will include him in their total DLC count some people wont
And 9 was only in the Switch Leak which was fake
We assumed 12 DLC characters because Ed Boon had only hinted at 2 Kombat Packs the first one has 6 so the second one will have 6 going on previous trends from NRS totalling 12
We now know that there's a 3rd pack so naturally that would have another 6 making 18 but this time we have the games code backing us up from the PC version of the game thanks to PC Dataminers that are never really wrong
There's only 1 odd one out which is DLC 19 that will probably be a new character added in with the inevitable game of the year edition
Basically what we have is the character slots are prepared they are hidden from the menu screens but they are there
Just waiting for the characters to be added to them we won't find out who the characters are through this method until the DLC updates roll in right when they are about to release but before that happens they would have revealed them already with a trailer so now we just have to wait "

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
*play the Scorpion co-op tower*

You know what, this actually seems like a fun challenge, it's still a cheap fight like the Jade tower but you get to turn the tide by using helpful items on your teammates! I think I can work with thi-

*no one uses the items*

welp
I had the same problem earlier when I tried it and I really want scorpion gear since he's my main that I'm learning the game with. Took until my 5th group of people that everyone actually used them. Was great and the first fighter took out 3/4 of the health bar all on his own. It was great but even us last 2 fighters barely finished him off with all those fire effects that come out and do tons of damage. It was very satisfying when we beat it though.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Man y'all weren't kidding about AI Sonya. Reminds of the Batgod build from Injustice.

The funny part is that some of the roster her BnB combo doesn't even work on (the anti-air auto-combo thing whiffs on a lot of the smaller womens' hitboxes) and she will frequently throw the opponent out of the corner for no reason. And she still mauls them because they just refuse to block on wakeup.

That really seems to be the only two factors in what makes for a good AI fighter in this game. Which AI has a good string that beats out whatever shit the other AI mashes on wakeup, and how consistently does the AI actually land decent conversions. It's the same thing that makes AI Noob good, he has enormously high average conversions and beats most other AIs wakeup attempts.

Conversely no matter what settings you use, AI Kano is an absolute idiot. He literally drops combos more than he lands them (frequently choosing to go for 5-6 1, 11 hits instead of any kind of finisher in the corner), and only uses his most unsafe launchers in neutral which either get block punished or are slow enough that they frequently just get beat by wakeup string.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Can I get a good AI build to beat Jacqui and Friends? The restriction followed by missile barrage is annoying as hell to watch.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Can I get a good AI build to beat Jacqui and Friends? The restriction followed by missile barrage is annoying as hell to watch.

The Sonya build I used for that was just 30 combo / 30 reversal in her first tournament variation. It took a grip of restarts for each fight to get through them still. The best consumables I've found for AI (if you want to spend any) are the heal-over-time ones since they can be activated instantly. Any consumable with an activation time is basically pointless, as are the temporary buffs that avoid things like armor or elemental effects since the AI just activates stuff randomly when they are getting hit by the opponent generally (so they barely ever use the ones that make them immune to effects for example).

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Everything delayed on PC/Xbox cuz they probably have a skeleton crew working on this update ASAP from the backlash. I can see them not being able to test it out on all the other consoles at once. Just not enough time, I suppose.

That's really unfortunate. Logged into Xbox to see there was no update yet. But it makes sense for the patch to drop on the more popular console first.

I wonder what the sales breakdown is between platforms, in North America at least.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had my absolute favorite night of MK ever and there's a bit of backstory that goes with it. Friend of mine (kind of in the industry), was a big tournament player back in the MK9/IJ1 days. We're talking custom made sticks with 5 buttons for Netherrealm fighters, figures, cosplays, the works. Won tons of tourneys as a Sub-Zero/Batman main. And I was THE online ragdoll to boss around.

Now in MK9, my main was Mileena but she never could beat his Sub so I switched to Smoke. Shit they were making it, to the papers and all. it was crazy. A minor MK celebrity! Anyhow, they didn't get into MKX but still their Sub destroyed me a hundred times. See I never really was into online fighters until very recently. Like basically starting with SF4. And i ever only truly got to play matches with that person, and get beat up. Other than that, sometimes I could beat a flowchart Ken in SF4. My Killer Frost kept getting bodied and the best comment I heard was from someone on their mic in the background, being picked up saying "Well, at least there was someone worse tonight before". (screw you girl!)

To make a long story short, they didn't plan to get MK11 because life was in the way. Then that trailer with the movie theme came out. Now me, I really got into fighting online thanks to Soul Calibur 6 (my favorite 3D fighting game ever). So MK11 was a must. So i played the beta, and trained with Skarlet. And trained. And trained in the full version against subbie. And trained. So tonight we decided to try to duel the Scorpion boss. We got destroyed and laughed at how we both sucked. Eventually we quit, and then I got an invite for a couple private matches.

I threw the first two. Not like, i actually lost and am trying to save face. I legit played like a foot on purpose. Got icecubed fatalitied twice. Felt their hype growing. And on the third match, I opened the floodgates.Skarlet is fucking BUILT to destroy Sub-Zero it seems. I run cell siphon, blood port and the blood shield. She's a beast zoner, that's also a flashy combo queen. Blood port, cell siphon into triangle, square, triangle, blood splatter. Hnnnng! Blood trail negating the ice balls and ice walls, hnnnnnnnnng! Zoning as hell, before porting in for a long string and fucking back off! HNNNNNNNNG! The glorious priority on her jump kicks! My new main! And yeah they called me out on the scheme lol! Fucked off to Netflix eventually! Revenge!

Next up, I'm learning Cetrion since there's zoning overlap. 'Member kids, Spring Cleaning Cetrion AI with 30 Rushdown/ 30 Zoning makes 0 sense and yet melts towers and 30/30 Noobs like crazy.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Friends and I on PC continued to get booted tonight due to "desynchronization." Here's to hoping the patch fixes this shit.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sonya in general is just a beast no matter what. I don't think I even have reversal points on mine.