• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
There are augments for character gear that give out heart bonuses for doing a mercy. If you've done a bunch of towers, some AI team battles, and unlocked stuff in the Krypt, you might have some useful ones for your main.

For Scorpion, I have the spear augment that gives out 9% additional hearts for doing a mercy, as well as an augment that gives out 9% additional hearts for doing a mercy and then a brutality.

You normally get 3 hearts for a fatality and 5 hearts for a brutality.

During my testing, I got 8 hearts for doing a mercy and brutality (as well as 12 souls instead of 10 for some reason) with one of those bonus augments equipped, and another 2 hearts with two of the bonus augments equipped.

Since some of the later character towers require brutalities to progress, might as well load up a Klassic Tower on Very Easy (after unlocking the character tower) to fulfill those requirements and stock up.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
*play the Scorpion co-op tower*

You know what, this actually seems like a fun challenge, it's still a cheap fight like the Jade tower but you get to turn the tide by using helpful items on your teammates! I think I can work with thi-

*no one uses the items*

welp

For those with the Switch version, I'm curious: Can you invite friends to rooms? How does that work since the Switch has no native invite function (as far as I know)?

There's an in-game invite menu when you invite friends, they can only see the invite if they're playing the game though.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My AI just ran through the Jax towers in about 20 minutes without losing and no close calls.

The lowered life of the enemies and damage from modifiers is obvious.

Bummed about the Souls not getting a boost though. I need those like crazy. I have 11.5k right now, so just enough for Shinnok and still not enough to start opening chests. Well, this isn't counting the community reward. Still, lame.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The cooldown on some of these consumables is so much faster now, which is nice. Some of them before may as well have been a one time use only considering how long it took to use them again.

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the requirements for the character towers are untouched. I've still got to do 125 Brutalities to unlock the final tower that I'm doing with Baraka--this is the stage 5 character tower, to be specific.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So if I understand this correctly you need to do 50 fatalities on a single character to unlock their head to place in the Krypt, and there is 25 characters so far.

So that means doing a total of 1250 Fatalities, which with the newest update give you 6250 Hearts. Is that even enough to unlock every Heart Chest in the Krypt? Even still that seems like a ridiculous amount of grind.

Oct 26, 2017
So if I understand this correctly you need to do 50 fatalities on a single character to unlock their head to place in the Krypt, and there is 25 characters so far.

So that means doing a total of 1250 Fatalities, which with the newest update give you 6250 Hearts. Is that even enough to unlock every Heart Chest in the Krypt? Even still that seems like a ridiculous amount of grind.

The heart chest grind can be mitigated with certain items in the Krypt.

The lockpick item makes opening the Shao Khan/Scorpion chests completely free of charge(one time use), and the Sindel's Ring item makes heart chests cost half off for 60 seconds.

Deleted member 40604

Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Just did the both Jax towers that are up post patch and the Cassie Cage tower. Here are my impressions so far.

The Jax tower has a green missiles that when hits you would suck you into place. These missiles can now be blocked. Overall the tower was really easy. Level 3 missiles still hurt a ton but since you can block them now I think the tradeoff is worth it. They don't appear often enough to be a nuisance.

For the Jax tower where the modifier is he comes out as an assist, the increase to cool down time makes a huge difference. Again, the assist is now something you can play around strategically and isn't frustrating. On these towers I've noticed that the enemy health of the 5 person tower also seems nerfed but I can't confirm it. Also this is new, you can now choose the difficulty for some of these towers after selecting your character. The second Jax assist tower let me choose between easy, medium, and hard. That brings me to...

Enemy AI has also taken a huge nerf as well. They're almost kinda brainless and stupid now in normal towers lol. It doesn't feel like they read my inputs so hard anymore. Hard enemy AI feels about the same as before. Overall this is also a huge improvement. Feels a lot more comfortable to fight the AI on normal in towers of time.

Haven't gotten a chance to try out the gauntlet but I'm looking forward to it with these changes. I've managed to clear every tower in rotation now with the exception of Scorpion since it's a tag battle. Honestly I'm cool with that tower remaining difficult as long as the three other towers that rotate are more fair.

Overall it's a great patch. It feels as fun to play the towers in rotation as it does to play multiverse in injustice and that is very much a good thing.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Have a Liu Kang fight in a Scorpion character tower in which my meter is drained so I can't enhance specials, I'm poisoned so I'm constantly losing life, Liu Kang's attacks deal extra poison damage, and Bo Rai Cho farts at me from off-screen, which stuns me and gives Liu a chance for a free combo.

The increased rewards are nice, but this whole fucking mode needs rebuilt from the ground up. One or two of those modifiers would be fine. All of them in tandem is infuriating. There are probably consumables to mitigate them but I don't really want to have to grind out consumables for a fucking fighting game.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I cannot believe how out of sync this game is between platforms in terms of patches. Seriously unacceptable!
It's cause the different versions of the game are managed by 3 different developers.
You have NRS managing PS4 & XB1
QLOC managing PC
Shiver managing Switch

To me, I wouldn't be releasing patches unless all platforms are ready.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I got tired of grinding and leveling in Injustice 2 after about 6 months or when Fighter Pack 3 dropped.

This game is trying to burn me out in 6 days.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So is the Xbox patch...later tonight soon or...later this week soon?

Sucks they can't be specific.

FlipCup8822

Nov 25, 2018
I feel like I am losing it. I switched around some of Noob Saibot's abilities. Is there a reason that Sickle Snag doesn't land any damage or do anything? Is there something I need to unlock to use abilities? I kustomized his abilities to also include Shadow Portals and it doesn't even show up in the moves list...

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, check your AI Battle Log after the patch, I was awarded 4 skins instantly. And among those the imo best Sub-Zero skin, the one of the story mode, finally! :D

46947889844_8f2774b1d0_o.png

Maybe being awarded AI Battle skins is now more easier. I fought so many AI battles pre patch and only got augments.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any good guide to learn how to use Erron Black and Jade?

Also, which is the best way to redistribuite your points for your AI battles?

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's cause the different versions of the game are managed by 3 different developers.
You have NRS managing PS4 & XB1
QLOC managing PC
Shiver managing Switch

To me, I wouldn't be releasing patches unless all platforms are ready.
I think that would be a bad idea. Switch is around a week behind and people are pissed. They need to alleviate things for people ASAP or risk losing a ton of players and hurting word of mouth. I think they're making the right call pushing them out the door and not holding back patches for platform parity. Especially when, most likely, the platform that's most behind is the smallest install base.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
So still no real word on the PC stuff, eh? Has anyone even acknowledged that the Friday patch notes were wrong?

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
That's scorpion tower with tag is BS. 7500 health. This is the issue I had with the last tower, stop telling me that's a medium AI, because it f'ing isn't!

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
So fun fact, I have been grinding in towers all day from work using my phone through remote play. I just let the AI do the work. If you have a PC/Mac nearby or a compatible Xperia/iPhone phone I highly recommend downloading Remote Play app and give it a try!
Can you use the remote play app over LTE? I thought you had to use it at home on wifi? I have an Xperia XZ2.

Oct 28, 2017
Learning stuff with Sub Zero's tournament variants but his first one is just awful. There's a 50/50 chance the enemy will fall out of the enhanced tackle and you won't get the follow-up. Maybe its just a PC thing because we're behind in patches but AAAAH just give me back my damn slide.