• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
What a disaster launch of this game have been so far... I can only imagine what is going on at NRS these days.

I feel like this is extreme hyperbole. Game launched with a stellar story mode, rock solid online, traditional arcade towers, and a crazy robust training mode. Yes, the towers of time are busted, but let's not pretend this is Fallout 76 or something.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
- tower modifier: flame damage increase
- single modifier: fists of flame and Takeda's Kunai

Use Takeda's kunai, kills firdt opponent, activate fists of flame, do forward 1,1,2 with raiden. It's a combo that doesn't dip his head into poison. Round 2 do the same combo, use kunai if its back.

It's a dumb fight but shouldn't take more than 5 minutes of replay until the opponent doesn't block/counter.

Thx, I'll try when I get the modifiers.

I already used something close to this, with Cassie gun spam and fire modifiers.
And Subzero just kept sliding and Scorp kept teleporting.

I never raged this hard at a game.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Sub Zero + Scorpion fight in the gauntlet is not bullshit anymore. It's only one round and they can't damage you, just avoid the poison missile.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Thx, I'll try when I get the modifiers.

I already used something close to this, with Cassie gun spam and fire modifiers.
And Subzero just kept sliding and Scorp kept teleporting.

I never raged this hard at a game.
This way you just have to get lucky a couple of times because connecting with the assist is a one shot kill and the combo essentially one shot kills too (with some damage over time). It basically comes down to getting lucky that they don't hit you on the tag in/start of round 2. Good luck!

I'm still stuck on Reptile (was waiting to see if it got patched before I wasted all the konsumables that might help).

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Patch notes.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bivc54/2292019_april_ps4_update/

Hi all, Please see the latest updates to Mortal Kombat 11 for PS4 players. Updates for Xbox, Switch, and PC players coming soon. General Gameplay Adjustments

• Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character

• Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked

• Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi's blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments

• Move list and frame data corrections

• Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data

• Tweaks to online match-making

• AI adjustments

• Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode

• Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet

• Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game

• Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode

• Enabled Dev Slayer functionality

• Kitana's Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing

• Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up online

• Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt

• Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt

• Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode

• Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches Towers of Time Adjustments

• Adjusted AI difficulty curve

• Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers

• Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash

• Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states

• Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers

• Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms

• Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards

• Increased post fight Koin rewards

• Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies

• Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers

• Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers

• Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers

• Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet

• Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended

• Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements

• Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers

• Improved targeting for several Konsumables

• Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable

• Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others

• Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers

• Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players

Later this afternoon the Community Gift will be distributed via update for PS4 players that has 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, 500 Hearts, as a thank you. Please make sure you log in and claim your Community Gift by May 6, 2019, at 8 am CST/6 am PST. Community Gifts will be sent out for Xbox, PC, and Switch players with their respective updates. We appreciate your patience!

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I take it this isn't that patch that gives everyone 500k Koins as a sorry then?

Never mind, see that it's coming later.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Well I just lost 10 matches in a row and just logged off in disgust, it's like everyone tonight is professional, it's like every attack I did was shown to them a second before so they could perfectly counter it. I really don't have the temperment for fighting games.

Catspit

Oct 27, 2017
Well I just lost 10 matches in a row and just logged off in disgust, it's like everyone tonight is professional, it's like every attack I did was shown to them a second before so they could perfectly counter it. I really don't have the temperment for fighting games.

Is there no matchmaking for similar skilled players?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm glad NRS took my suggestion to make Dragon Challenges give you at least 1000 koins instead of 100.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Has the classic movie theme from the launch trailer been put up anywhere? I can only find edits from the trailer itself.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
So no Xbox patch huh? Well I guess it's back to grinding towers on Xbox with AI while I replay fractured but whole on my ps4

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a really great ranked set with Johnny Cage. I went 2 down to his Sub Zero but learnt what I need to do. Beat him twice to get it to 2-2 and they were obviously a bit tilted and picked Johnny too. Near flawlessed them for the 3-2 win. Feelsgoodman.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK, so she did it this round, but that was really odd, I've never seen any AI just stand there before and do nothing. I guess it was just a glitch with all the updates going on.
Perhaps. There are some weird AI quirks I have noticed.

For Example:

- If you're running an AI, it loses and the enemy performs a mercy, the AI does not fight after that. The character becomes player controlled.
- If you perform a mercy on an enemy in the tower, quite a few battle modifiers become disabled after you do so.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Towers are perfectly balanced right now, I have nothing to complain about it anymore.

Now I really hope all resources and efforts can be put into reworking the UI so we can change variations and skins during the character selection screen.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how much it would cost to get an "unlock everything" purchase if they decided to put it into the game. I'm not one for that stuff usually but this grind is tough.

WWE games put it in theirs for 5 bucks each game.

It's not gonna happen as long as they are selling 5600 Time Crystals for $40.

Oct 26, 2017
Those 1000 Souls in the community reward pushed me over 10,000 souls so I can finally open that 10,000 Soul chest in the Dead Woods. Now I can finally make Shinnok's Amulet.

Except now I need 1,500 souls to craft it. Dammit. That'll come at a later date. Can't grind those out for the next few days.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
At least Reptile shows up on the bridge after you repair it later on.

I guess so honestly the entire currency grind is making me dislike the game pvp gives almost nothing so I'm forced to do towers I hate for a chance at a box that could have concept art in it or a icon. At least on Injustice 2 they had post fight rewards so you always got something win or lose.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
For those with the Switch version, I'm curious: Can you invite friends to rooms? How does that work since the Switch has no native invite function (as far as I know)?