• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
12 souls for winning and 8 hearts again just to be exact. Dragon challenges give you 1k coins each instead of 100.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Did the patch fix back the day 1 changes that got messed up in the crash, also did it put the enemy health back to post change numbers?

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Scorpion. Had to use a different character from my main since they reverted him and I'm about to mess up my muscle memory. Player 3 didn't even have to fight, we got lucky. Tbagged the shit out of Scorpion, I don't even care.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
So fun fact, I have been grinding in towers all day from work using my phone through remote play. I just let the AI do the work. If you have a PC/Mac nearby or a compatible Xperia/iPhone phone I highly recommend downloading Remote Play app and give it a try!

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
they should really hand out way more souls, what do you even need hearts for after the scorpion chests and character chests?
koins already were enough, souls on the other hand are super rare compared to the other currencies.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Are the Gauntlet towers still the same?

I'm still stuck on Gauntlet 7, where you have to dubble perfect Sub Zero and Scorpion while there's poison gas.
The most frustrating challenge I have ever played in a game.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
I'm going the jax times tower on a selectable medium difficulty and I'm running through them with cage. Normal life. I'm trying to think which I can try to see if it's easier.
can you report on whether the middlemost towers (the Cassie & Friends, etc. ones) have been touched?

those have been ass since launch, mostly because of modifiers

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Are the Gauntlet towers still the same?

I'm still stuck on Gauntlet 7, where you have to dubble perfect Sub Zero and Scorpion while there's poison gas.
The most frustrating challenge I have ever played in a game.
I saw Maximilian Dood do that one a few days ago...don't remember the consumables he used, sorry, but he played as Raiden a killed each opponent in like 4 hits but he still had to get lucky for them to not attack him.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
This daily login thing is the most inconsistent shit ever. I regular check my notifications when I get home from work and I have nothing. It seems I can only redeem it every other day.

Don't know why they call it a daily login bonus when you can't redeem it daily.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
I saw Maximilian Dood do that one a few days ago...don't remember the consumables he used, sorry, but he played as Raiden a killed each opponent in like 4 hits but he still had to get lucky for them to not attack him.

Yeah, I saw a few consumables that should be able to do it. Too bad I don't have them.

The whole fight is just pure luck, without even playing the game... just spamming shit.
Who thinks this is fun?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Have you tried with other characters?

Just ran through a few opponents with Sonya AI and she performed fatalities on all of them.

Haven't tried anyone else yet, though.
Must be getting unlucky, first ai match post patch and mine did hers.
I'm going to check after this tower, but my Skarlet right now either just stands there until the body falls down or just taps them to knock them down.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Um, so my AI won't do fatalities anymore... wtf is going on lmao.
Lame if this was intentional. People were grinding survival to get the character chests for 50 fatalities. I was gonna start doing it after this patch cause the souls and heart currency were being increased.

Soul increase is very disappointing.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed when my ai did a brutality it gave 5 hearts instead of 8. I wonder if doing a mercy before has anything to do with it.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Lame if this was intentional. People were grinding survival to get the character chests for 50 fatalities. I was gonna start doing it after this patch cause the souls and heart currency were being increased.

Soul increase is very disappointing.
OK, so she did it this round, but that was really odd, I've never seen any AI just stand there before and do nothing. I guess it was just a glitch with all the updates going on.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
OK, so she did it this round, but that was really odd, I've never seen any AI just stand there before and do nothing. I guess it was just a glitch with all the updates going on.

I was grinding towers all day with Sonya (I've been grinding a lot im in the top 0.4% on Xbox) and there has been more than a few fights she didn't fatal or brutal. And that was prepatch.

Noctis0Stella

Mar 17, 2019
so i wanted to play a versus match with someone else, but he (the 2 player) doesn't have the all the skins, weapons ect. i collected (me the 1 player).
Does that mean the 2 player has his own account and has to collect all these things by himself??

HM i thought it was just like Tekken or DOA, where the second player also has the costumes...

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah on PS4. Looks like there were other changes, I guess Erron was nerfed in some way or back to pre-match. I don't know since I don't use them. If this was on purpose I quit, Shao Kahn was bad enough.

Yup, same happening on PC. Although I don't think that combo was possible on PC anyway since we didn't get any balance patches lol.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed when my ai did a brutality it gave 5 hearts instead of 8. I wonder if doing a mercy before has anything to do with it.

I took Scorpion into a Klassic Tower on Very Easy just to do a basic brutality and got 5 hearts.

I do have gear on that nets him more if I do a mercy first and then a brutality, and by doing that I got 8 hearts.

Also got 10 souls for playing "normally" (no mercy, than do a fatality or brutality), and then 12 for doing a mercy and brutality.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah, I saw a few consumables that should be able to do it. Too bad I don't have them.

The whole fight is just pure luck, without even playing the game... just spamming shit.
Who thinks this is fun?
- tower modifier: flame damage increase
- single modifier: fists of flame and Takeda's Kunai

Use Takeda's kunai, kills firdt opponent, activate fists of flame, do forward 1,1,2 with raiden. It's a combo that doesn't dip his head into poison. Round 2 do the same combo, use kunai if its back.

It's a dumb fight but shouldn't take more than 5 minutes of replay until the opponent doesn't block/counter.