• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Can anybody help with the tutorial with the button input after a special move cancel. The part that i need to do with Raiden is F'in crazy! I just cant get it right like i am retarded or something. Tongue sticking out of my mouth bashing the buttons and my wife laughing at me. help me!
Have you viewed the demo to try to learn the timing for the button presses? I usually do that and "say" the button presses out loud so I can learn the timing. Then perform it.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So I found this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bgi9rx/easy_farming_with_autohotkey/

I'm very interested in this but I don't fully... understand it? I'm a PC player and I guess I'll actually sit down with it tonight so hopefully the pros and cons around the different ways people are doing this will make sense to me. If I could set this up to just run while I'm at work that would be great.
In the simplest terms, this script will have the enter key being pressed after a specific amount of time. Start up an endless tower, pick an AI to fight for you, put the difficulty to very easy, run the script, go to sleep/leave the house/write a novel, come back and you'll have a whole HEAP of rewards from the game literally playing itself.

All you need to do is install Autohotkey (very straight forward, just an application), right-click on the desktop and go to new, you'll have an option to create an autohotkey script. Make one, right click and go to edit, and copy paste the code from the post you just quoted.

Run the game, go into endless, pick an Ai, set it to very easy, alt tab to your desktop, run the script, go back to the game and then just let it work on its own.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Just realized that during the Kronika boss fight that she has some dialogue during the fight depending on who you are playing.

For example with Kitana she was like "I prefer your Revenant self Kitana" while she is working the hourglass.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legit can't do the last two tutorials I need for this goddamn trophy. This fucking Jo Push bullshit with Raiden, and getting Kabal into the corner with....fucking Raiden. I don't get either.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
You opened over 50% of the chests in the krypt and you only got one skin for Kabal?!

I got 13 of his skins from the chests plus the head skin most of those are zombie skins though and his young skin which I hate because I can't stand his hair. I have 16 total skins for Kabal I have one burned skin which is the only Kabal skin I like. I also have 10 of his weapons 10 gas masks and 10 canisters I also have 10 of 19 end of round taunts and stuff like that.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The character models...

40766460773_9162bc53ca_o.png

47679901332_3d3073cbd3_o.png

46816422565_8e1161f47d_o.png

32789596257_78f71bf9d4_o.png

33855887958_97bbd11d5b_o.png

giphy.gif

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'll just come out and say it. I used CE to open all the chests (except the character head ones) that I can possibly find (all areas accessible accessed, 450+ chests opened, including the Shang Tsung throne room stuff). Still missing stuff. Gave myself max money number, headed to the shrine. Burned 9,999,999 coins there using the 90k option for gear. STILL MISSING KRYPT STUFF.

What. The. Fuck. How is anyone going to enjoy this shit. I just wanted to get a single character specific piece. AND I AM STILL MISSING IT. If I had played normally I would have NEVER gotten it.

This ain't normal.
Did you find the invisible chests?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I unjinxed myself and did the Jo Push bullshit in one try after my last post. Now for the Kabal corner krap!

HOLY DUCK FUK the unjinx is REAL! First try too.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
this shao-kahn bossfight in the towers of time has to be a fucking joke. he can pull out an unblockable one-hit-kill attack whenever he wants.

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
Did you find the invisible chests?

Yes. I'm telling you I opened everything I could (so everything, including Shang Tsung's Room, except the head chests). I re ran the whole Krypt looking for invisible chests as well.

There were enough rewards coming from the Shrine constantly that not enough chests could be hidden, unless there's a whole, secret section we are missing right now.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
In the simplest terms, this script will have the enter key being pressed after a specific amount of time. Start up an endless tower, pick an AI to fight for you, put the difficulty to very easy, run the script, go to sleep/leave the house/write a novel, come back and you'll have a whole HEAP of rewards from the game literally playing itself.

All you need to do is install Autohotkey (very straight forward, just an application), right-click on the desktop and go to new, you'll have an option to create an autohotkey script. Make one, right click and go to edit, and copy paste the code from the post you just quoted.

Run the game, go into endless, pick an Ai, set it to very easy, alt tab to your desktop, run the script, go back to the game and then just let it work on its own.

Thanks! I'll definitely try this when I get home. So some of the stuff with how the towers work has been a little confusing to me. If I wanted to focus on unlocking stuff for Kung Lao would I want to use him in the endless tower or are the unlocks not tied to the character you play as?

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Man, I can't decide who I want to play at all. I really like Kotal as a character and is normals really nice feeling but damn do most of his special feel bad. Sun choke has the worst range of any command grab in the game it feels. Everything I've tried to special cancel from moves them too far out of range and the sun beam is real slow and stationary.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
No main campaign, but you can unlock everything the main campaign offers of easy with a few hours work

There are two main modes where you use AI. 1 is AI Battle where you set your AI against other AIs of real players. The mode everyone is talking about here is Towers of Time, which are towers that refresh hourly, daily, weekly, and you can use AI to play them. You still have to be with the game, as you need to press a button to continue or retry after each figh, but AI characters are great for farming this mode, and getting skins, consumables, gold, and other items.

You can also use AIs in Injustice 2 if you want to try it out first. That game must be around $15 nowadays
OK - cheers!

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Thanks! I'll definitely try this when I get home. So some of the stuff with how the towers work has been a little confusing to me. If I wanted to focus on unlocking stuff for Kung Lao would I want to use him in the endless tower or are the unlocks not tied to the character you play as?
Only a few things you get by just using the character (mainly icons and backgrounds for your kombat kard) but skins and gear and augments and stuff, that's either towers of time or The Krypt.

Fortunately, the Towers of Time give these skins and stuff as a reward for completing it, not necessarily for using a specific character. The only exception is if you summon a character specific tower. Then you can only use that specific character but all the rewards are all for that specific character.

And once you start getting koins and souls and stuff, you can head into the Krypt to open chests which has stuff for every character.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Can anybody help with the tutorial with the button input after a special move cancel. The part that i need to do with Raiden is F'in crazy! I just cant get it right like i am retarded or something. Tongue sticking out of my mouth bashing the buttons and my wife laughing at me. help me!

It probably took me 400-500 tries to get it right. Best thing I can recommend is try push Kabal into the corner and practice different parts of the combo to get it down then try the full chunk. Stay calm and don't mash buttons too quickly, even when you are getting frustrated. You can put in a number of the commands prior to the animations playing, though the amplify commands are finicky pains.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Is the timing tighter just in general? I've noticed combos not popping off if I don't enter them quickly enough, even if I get the whole combo completed before the animation has run through.

Yea, if you don't do it as close to the Demo as possible, the game doesn't seem to consider it completed.

I was watching Unrooolie play and he's a MK expert and even he complained that the tutorials would not count a move or kombo if you're like a frame off. He hated the tutorials so much that he almost quit it a few times on his stream.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed how strict the inputs were.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think each one of those took me 10 mins straight of retries. Why is the timing so damn tight.
"Tutorial" my butt, there's basically no practical application to that stuff lol. There will never be an EVO moment with the announcers going "Oh shit he did it! Sonic Fox nailed the double Jo Push corner combo!"

And if I want someone in a corner, I am not doing a long series of complex inputs, leaving me in a very punishable and unsafe position. I'll just jump over the fucker, the end. The timing on both of these was rougher than parrying bosses in Sekiro lol.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So I found the bandana in the Crypt, but I'm a bit irritated that it uses the green kurrency to turn it on. Can anyone tell me where I should be using it to avoid wasting all my resources wandering around with it on constantly?

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Man, I can't decide who I want to play at all. I really like Kotal as a character and is normals really nice feeling but damn do most of his special feel bad. Sun choke has the worst range of any command grab in the game it feels. Everything I've tried to special cancel from moves them too far out of range and the sun beam is real slow and stationary.

Kotal only has one combo pretty much, and it requires kahn cut.

(F12/F24/22/B22)/kahn cut/F12/sun choke.

Kinda blows that his ender ends up side switching so you can put yourself in the corner. You can opt for a hard knockdown, such as F122 but you miss out on BIG BOI damage.

I can't get that flawless block tutorial down. Is that bugged or something? I do it exactly as the demo and it still doesn't complete.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
"Tutorial" my butt, there's basically no practical application to that stuff lol. There will never be an EVO moment with the announcers going "Oh shit he did it! Sonic Fox nailed the double Jo Push corner combo!"

And if I want someone in a corner, I am not doing a long series of complex inputs, leaving me in a very punishable and unsafe position. I'll just jump over the fucker, the end. The timing on both of these was rougher than parrying bosses in Sekiro lol.

Making them required for the trophy/Shao Kahn announcer voice was a bad idea. All those super complicated kombos should've been saved for people who are interested in learning long strings as an optional thing. I'm gonna see if I can beat the leftover ones in the final section this week.

Fastrun

Oct 27, 2017
It probably took me 400-500 tries to get it right. Best thing I can recommend is try push Kabal into the corner and practice different parts of the combo to get it down then try the full chunk. Stay calm and don't mash buttons too quickly, even when you are getting frustrated. You can put in a number of the commands prior to the animations playing, though the amplify commands are finicky pains.
As someone who just did this last night, I agree with this. I had to practice the timing of different portions and still had trouble. If you aren't now, I would use the analog stick to perform the special moves. I found it far easier to do them like that.

I agree completely. The only reason I'm doing all of them is for the Shao Kahn announcer (I'm on Switch, so no trophy/achievement).

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I had the same feeling, before i learned that Sun choke is best when the opponent is juggling. You need to have the variation with that "Sun upercut" of his, from there you can even juggle with some strings and end the combo with the Sun choke, he has a BNB that takes 330 Hp for one bar. Foward Y,B + Sun upercut + foward X,Y and Sun choke to end. Funny how i also liked kotal as a character, but wasnt feeling the gameplay, now im starting to get him.

I might have mistaken some buttons there, will check again once i get home , but the foundation for the combo is there.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Is it the double back forth combo with R1 cancels?

That special cancel into special combo with Raiden took me like 30m(the two beforehand were rough as well, but this one was a special case of ugh). It was aggravating, frustrating, irritating, and even as I slowly improved, it felt like a goddamn miracle I even succeeded. Between the bullshit timing of the dial-in combo to buffer ahead of animations, and the insufferably low success rate I have for pulling off back forward motions, it is something I'll never succeed at again, nor ever WANT to attempt again.

The tutorial in this game helped wrap my head around a lot of fighting game methodology and terms, I just NRS builds systems that are way too rigid. The more I learn about how it works, the less fun I have. At least for me.

But no real tips other than to keep banging your head with practice. I found myself practicing chunks of the combo to try and nail both the timing before getting the link. The most tricky part for me was getting that final R1 in time. I completed the combo so much, but no matter how close I pressed R1 at the end to trigger the EX version of the special, it failed. You REALLY have to trigger it way early, like before the move animation starts. I haven't been so annoyed at a game in a long time as I was doing this nonsense.

It is exactly this part i am stuck at. Why did they locked an announcer voice behind completing the tutorial.... thanks for the pointers.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck in the positioning/zoning part. Raiden needs to attack once, back dash and attack with the same move again.

I dunno why but it won't register my second move after back dashing. I even followed the timing as close as possible. So annoying.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Kotal only has one combo pretty much, and it requires kahn cut.

(F12/F24/22/B22)/kahn cut/F12/sun choke.

Kinda blows that his ender ends up side switching so you can put yourself in the corner. You can opt for a hard knockdown, such as F122 but you miss out on BIG BOI damage.
I had the same feeling, before i learned that Sun choke is best when the opponent is juggling. You need to have the variation with that "Sun upercut" of his, from there you can even juggle with some strings and end the combo with the Sun choke, he has a BNB that takes 330 Hp for one bar. Foward Y,B + Sun upercut + foward X,Y and Sun choke to end. Funny how i also liked kotal as a character, but wasnt feeling the gameplay, now im starting to get him.

Even if its just one combo, do you think that his range in the mid will make up for his lack of combos? Seems like you could poke pretty well with most of his attacks.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
What I hate most about the tutorials I think, is how long the phrase "special move cancel" is in the middle of a combo description, it makes it very hard to quickly read the combos as you do them. Either don't put in the phrase at all or just use a symbol to represent it.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yea, if you don't do it as close to the Demo as possible, the game doesn't seem to consider it completed.

I was watching Unrooolie play and he's a MK expert and even he complained that the tutorials would not count a move or kombo if you're like a frame off. He hated the tutorials so much that he almost quit it a few times on his stream.

You're describing the eternal struggle I've had with this series. Pretty much every MK game since Deadly Alliance has had a training mode that requires you to execute specific combos and there's always at least a couple that I have trouble with where I feel like I should've nailed it.

I agree completely. The only reason I'm doing all of them is for the Shao Kahn announcer (I'm on Switch, so no trophy/achievement).

Shao Kahn's current voice just makes me sad because it reminds me of how the original Shao Kahn voice actor passed away. I forget his name but I know the last game he did Shao Kahn's voice in was Shaolin Monks.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA

Ok, I thought I was going crazy. I seem to remember in MK9, you had until the ending of the current hit in a combo to put in the next move, but with MK11 I often feel like I'm tapping in the combo as fast as possible and then waiting for a second or two for it to actually play out. Maybe I'm mis-remembering how MK9 worked but it's been throwing me off.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
You're describing the eternal struggle I've had with this series. Pretty much every MK game since Deadly Alliance has had a training mode that requires you to execute specific combos and there's always at least a couple that I have trouble with where I feel like I should've nailed it.
I've previously complained about one of the tutorials (the kombo limitations one with Geras) but that was a damn walk in the park compared to this block pressure section with Cassie. I've managed to complete all but one of the tasks in it, and I just cannot get the timing right on the remaining one - even following the button press clicks with my eyes shut, which worked for some others.

The timing for executing attacks on recovery is just incredibly strict.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, my frustrations with the tutorial in some parts made me completely forget what I learned earlier.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Even if its just one combo, do you think that his range in the mid will make up for his lack of combos? Seems like you could poke pretty well with most of his attacks.

I mean, I love the character. But his moves are mostly unsafe and hella slow. If another player is decent and spots your spacing then he will punish you the second you dare to rev up that B22.

43(or was it 34?) is decent. F34 is good to check them. I believe F24 is safe, but again.. if not done with the proper spacing you're gonna get blown up by anyone with faster normals.

There's also something funky with his D2, but not sure what it is.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I mean, I love the character. But his moves are mostly unsafe and hella slow. If another player is decent and spots your spacing then he will punish you the second you dare to rev up that B22.

43(or was it 34?) is decent. F34 is good to check them. I believe F24 is safe, but again.. if not done with the proper spacing you're gonna get blown up by anyone with faster normals.

There's also something funky with his D2, but not sure what it is.
Thanks for the info. I'm not great at the game but I think I might make Kotal my secondary and learn him a bit. I really like the character and I'll dream that they buff him. Now hte struggle for finding a character I like more...

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So I found the bandana in the Crypt, but I'm a bit irritated that it uses the green kurrency to turn it on. Can anyone tell me where I should be using it to avoid wasting all my resources wandering around with it on constantly?

Use it near walls that look as if they could lead to another area. Check the map, it'll give you clues.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously the tutorials are seriously wacky. I mean, it's more akin to a torture session at times. No one in their right mind will apply 99% of that stuff because of how technically demanding and highly situational it is.

I didn't learn jack shit. I just soldiered through that stuff. We all did. Just an arcade ladder run on Normal teaches the game better.