• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
I can't get over how amazing the characters look in this game. The huge improvement in the art direction and how realistic the character designs are over the previous game really deserves a lot of praise.

This game looks like a generation ahead in terms of graphics! I am shocked how good it looks compared to X! If it ever it released on PS5 I will be happy to buy it as long my saved progress gets transferred over

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I started out trying to main Noob, but his voice ruined it for me. Tested out Scorpion and love his buttons, mixups and overall utility. Seems like a good honest character that fits my play style.

MrBeanTroll

Oct 29, 2017
I really want to play Kung Lao but I can never do will with him with real players.

I'm doing pretty well with Skarlet, her Kombo list is simple compared to the kast.

I'm by no means an expert or even much of a novice at this point, but I'm trying to main Lao and I have found that he's all about footsies and mind games. Since most of his kombo starters are incredibly punishable on block and he doesn't have an overhead pop-up, you really have to bait the other person into making a mistake and then use Lao's speed to punish. Remember that you can amplify his teleport to delay.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Can anybody help with the tutorial with the button input after a special move cancel. The part that i need to do with Raiden is F'in crazy! I just cant get it right like i am retarded or something. Tongue sticking out of my mouth bashing the buttons and my wife laughing at me. help me!

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Can anybody help with the tutorial with the button input after a special move cancel. The part that i need to do with Raiden is F'in crazy! I just cant get it right like i am retarded or something. Tongue sticking out of my mouth bashing the buttons and my wife laughing at me. help me!

Man, there's like 3 different Kombo sessions with Raiden that drove me nuts.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I finished the story yesterday and really looked at the ToT for the first time. I've been rotating through Frost/Scorpion/Noon AI's and doing pretty well. There have been a couple of bullshit ones that even with konsumables I have no idea how you'd be expected to win though.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I've finally understood the loop from nonstop farming last week and over the weekend. It def depends on the Konsumables you managed to get from the ToT and Krypt. I guess what they wanted people to do was figure out what will help basically make the mode easy mode when they're used. But they seem to have forgotten that many people aren't gonna sit and farm for crap for a long time in order to obtain those specific Konsumables for specific Towers. Just too much of a hassle and a slog.

I managed to easily beat the Cassie and Jacqui with Friends Towers cuz I combined several Konsumables to make myself do as much damage as possible before they killed me. It's so silly. Relying on Items rather than skill was a really bad design choice.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I've finally understood the loop from nonstop farming last week and over the weekend. It def depends on the Konsumables you managed to get from the ToT and Krypt. I guess what they wanted people to do was figure out what will help basically make the mode easy mode when they're used. But they seem to have forgotten that many people aren't gonna sit and farm for crap for a long time in order to obtain those specific Konsumables for specific Towers. Just too much of a hassle and a slog.

I managed to easily beat the Cassie and Jacqui with Friends Towers cuz I combined several Konsumables to make myself do as much damage as possible before they killed me. It's so silly. Relying on Items rather than skill was a really bad design choice.

None of this excuses the awful grind behind the character towers though. Those aren't hard they are just awful. At least make them retroactive :/ .

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
Well, I'll just come out and say it. I used CE to open all the chests (except the character head ones) that I can possibly find (all areas accessible accessed, 450+ chests opened, including the Shang Tsung throne room stuff). Still missing stuff. Gave myself max money number, headed to the shrine. Burned 9,999,999 coins there using the 90k option for gear. STILL MISSING KRYPT STUFF.

What. The. Fuck. How is anyone going to enjoy this shit. I just wanted to get a single character specific piece. AND I AM STILL MISSING IT. If I had played normally I would have NEVER gotten it.

This ain't normal.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
Well, I'll just come out and say it. I used CE to open all the chests (except the character head ones) that I can possibly find (all areas accessible accessed, 450+ chests opened, including the Shang Tsung throne room stuff). Still missing stuff. Gave myself max money number, headed to the shrine. Burned 9,999,999 coins there using the 90k option for gear. STILL MISSING KRYPT STUFF.

What. The. Fuck. How is anyone going to enjoy this shit.
Hey whats CE ? And please tell me it Works on PS4 lol 😂 i Would love you 3000 if it does

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
Hey whats CE ? And please tell me it Works on PS4 lol 😂 i Would love you 3000 if it does

It doesn't. And I'm so sorry for the console folks because right now this is literally incredibly terrible. You can't even properly buy stuff with Timke Crystals because it rotates on a 5 item per day system, I just don't understand any decision regarding anything right now. What were they after?

The Elder Gods are punishing you for cheating.

Jokes aside, since the Krypt is generated per user that effectively means I would have never been able to get it playing normally. I had no idea if certain items came from chests, Soul Vaults, Kronika Vaults, the Shrine, the Kollector or what.

Honestly, I regret nothing because I don't have the time nor the patience of the grind I did in Injustice 2 a couple years ago on PS4 to get specific gear items. Items and abilities I am still missing there. This is so bad. So. Bad.

And it's such a shame, because the Krypt itself is so good. How could they overshadow a proper mode like this...

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I haven't completed the Character ones cuz of those grindy requirements. Not doing them at all until they fix that.
To be honest, stage 1 isn't so bad, you just need to do 50 uppercuts, throws and need 50 soul fragments. Easy enough to do if you activate the character tower and then do other towers, you'll get them in no time really.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, stage 1 isn't so bad, you just need to do 50 uppercuts, throws and need 50 soul fragments. Easy enough to do if you activate the character tower and then do other towers, you'll get them in no time really.

I'm confused about the 50 Souls. Is it from the Performance part? Seems when I get the Souls from some other Towers, the numbers don't change for it.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Jokes aside, since the Krypt is generated per user that effectively means I would have never been able to get it playing normally. I had no idea if certain items came from chests, Soul Vaults, Kronika Vaults, the Shrine, the Kollector or what.

What is the item that you want?
There're a lot of skins that you need to forge an item and go trade with Kollector, including the classic Johnny Cage one. You need to find the broken trophy (I pretty sure I got from one of the soul vaults), reforge it and trade.
If you go the forge, try adding an item first. If the cost to forge is 20k koins, it's an item required for Kollector.

Otherwise, maybe the item you want is inside the head chest. And there're more hidden areas, an user posted yesterday that people found files about a portal that gives acess to another area. I'm pretty sure there's more stuff to do at the Krypt.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Is it the double back forth combo with R1 cancels?

That special cancel into special combo with Raiden took me like 30m(the two beforehand were rough as well, but this one was a special case of ugh). It was aggravating, frustrating, irritating, and even as I slowly improved, it felt like a goddamn miracle I even succeeded. Between the bullshit timing of the dial-in combo to buffer ahead of animations, and the insufferably low success rate I have for pulling off back forward motions, it is something I'll never succeed at again, nor ever WANT to attempt again.

The tutorial in this game helped wrap my head around a lot of fighting game methodology and terms, I just NRS builds systems that are way too rigid. The more I learn about how it works, the less fun I have. At least for me.

But no real tips other than to keep banging your head with practice. I found myself practicing chunks of the combo to try and nail both the timing before getting the link. The most tricky part for me was getting that final R1 in time. I completed the combo so much, but no matter how close I pressed R1 at the end to trigger the EX version of the special, it failed. You REALLY have to trigger it way early, like before the move animation starts. I haven't been so annoyed at a game in a long time as I was doing this nonsense.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
What glitch is that? If you mean the linking of the mobile game to MK11, mine worked the 2nd try. First try gave me an error when trying to finish the link, but the 2nd attempt worked right away.

My mobile game is linked and I get daily rewards on both platforms. However, Kronika's voice did not unlock for me and I checked under notifications in game!

A lot of people reported this issue on Reddit, Twitter and YouTube in the comments. It's affecting a good amount of players

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
It doesn't. And I'm so sorry for the console folks because right now this is literally incredibly terrible. You can't even properly buy stuff with Timke Crystals because it rotates on a 5 item per day system, I just don't understand any decision regarding anything right now. What were they after?
That sucks all kinds of dicks. The progression system in this game is a mess. I really regret buying the 100$ edition. I wish I knew before buying.

the krypt is fun to navigate but gets annoying really fast with the key requirements you need to do in towers and also character towers having bullshit requirements. This game is really a grind fest

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I do a lot of AI battles, but I have no idea how I'm ever supposed to get the rewards for my AI Defending Team. I've been at 0/5 with them since launch. Nobody has fought them.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I opened 360 chests and got one burned Kabal costume but that was from a collector trade so it doesn't really count. I think classic costumes mostly come from trades and Kronika vaults in the krypt because I got Kabals classic weapons out of a Kronika vault.

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
What is the item that you want?
There're a lot of skins that you need to forge an item and go trade with Kollector, including the classic Johnny Cage one. You need to find the broken trophy (I pretty sure I got from one of the soul vaults), reforge it and trade.
If you go the forge, try adding an item first. If the cost to forge is 20k koins, it's an item required for Kollector.

Otherwise, maybe the item you want is inside the head chest. And there're more hidden areas, an user posted yesterday that people found files about a portal that gives acess to another area. I'm pretty sure there's more stuff to do at the Krypt.

Trust me, I made sure the specific items I wanted were or were not in the static chests. In this case I was after a few specific things, so I'll post where each one was (by testing in an alt account as well I can confirm that each piece always come from the same source):

Raiden:
  • Skin: Earthrealm's Protector: In a random Soul Vault (those things floating for a 100 souls)
  • Hat: Truth and Light: A random chest
  • Amulet: Stolen Thunder: Randomly given from sacrificing 90k coins to the Shrine
Right now I'm only missing the Raiden hat that's the same as default but with the cloth piece, like the concept art, and it seems I gotta keep giving stuff to the Shrine for it.

It would have been much easier if everything was a bit more thematic or were alternate acquisition methods through character towers, or if the Story costumes had come from actually playing the Story. Argh.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I started out trying to main Noob, but his voice ruined it for me. Tested out Scorpion and love his buttons, mixups and overall utility. Seems like a good honest character that fits my play style.
Haha! I'm kind of doing the same thing! I like, but the voice is so silly. It's Mortal Kombat, I know, but for some reason it's a bit much for me. Trying Cetrion now.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I do a lot of AI battles, but I have no idea how I'm ever supposed to get the rewards for my AI Defending Team. I've been at 0/5 with them since launch. Nobody has fought them.
You need to check your battle log everytime to update.

This. I had no idea this was how it worked until I was just dicking around in the menu. Like, why doesn't the game tell people this when they first enter that mode?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I opened 360 chests and got one burned Kabal costume but that was from a collector trade so it doesn't really count. I think classic costumes mostly come from trades and Kronika vaults in the krypt because I got Kabals classic weapons out of a Kronika vault.

You opened over 50% of the chests in the krypt and you only got one skin for Kabal?!

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
And there're more hidden areas, an user posted yesterday that people found files about a portal that gives acess to another area. I'm pretty sure there's more stuff to do at the Krypt.

Interesting. Secret area? Or maybe you'll go through the portal to unlock chests for the DLC characters because they damn sure ain't coming fully unlocked with the way this game is setup.

Oh God, I answered my own question didn't I?

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I think the real question should be: Why is that mode a thing in the first place?

Another progression grind for the sake of being a progression grind. Chances are they want people to buy time crystals with real money to buy the rotating skins in the shop to mitigate how awful the system they implemented themselves on purpose is. For money. No loot boxes or skins for sale tho!!!!! For realsies you guys!!!

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Of course :)
I use AutoHotKey (free software).

my code:
#Persistent
SetTimer, PressTheKey, 5000
Return

PressTheKey:
Send, {Enter down}
Sleep 10
Send, {Enter up}
Return

I had problems setting it up too; the problem was that the key presses were too fast to register for MK11. So I changed that the key is pressed for 10 milliseconds and it works like a charm :)

So I found this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bgi9rx/easy_farming_with_autohotkey/

I'm very interested in this but I don't fully... understand it? I'm a PC player and I guess I'll actually sit down with it tonight so hopefully the pros and cons around the different ways people are doing this will make sense to me. If I could set this up to just run while I'm at work that would be great.