• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Kung Lao's character towers, gave me a skin, chibi avatar, intro and taunt for finishing all of them, on top on the stuf for doing each. Really nice.
Did Sub-Zero's tower and got similar stuff.

Honestly the Character Towers are fun as hell and are the right difficulty for most things. Even finishing them all gives you the character's tower ending. With that in mind there's really no reason for me to do Klassic Tower as it's a "Super Klassic Tower" with 5 different sections rather than 1.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm shocked at that fact I'm enjoying Baraka. I tried him in the beta and didn't like him at all and I never cares for him in previous games, for whatever reason hes clicked now though.

I just wish he had some better skins.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
How well do you do online and what difficulty to you play vs computer on?

This is tying into my issues with Kronica mostly, but I'm really curious to hear.
i'm super late on this, but i've had the most success with Jax and his grab tournament variation. i'm hovering around high 60%/low 70% win rate, and it's in large part to how oppressive he can be.

as for against the AI, i've seen no reason to go beyond medium difficulty

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Dragon Challenges need to give you at least 1000 koins, they are really pointless at just 100 koins.

A Tower of Time just opened for me, and had a bunch of ✅'s already as I had claimed that loot in a previous tower. Sure, I am 0.7% this week on the leaderboard (I run a bunch of AI when doing other work), but did not expect to see repeats already with so much loot locked behind this mode
Yeah, I thought something had glitched when this first happened to me.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Did Sub-Zero's tower and got similar stuff.

Honestly the Character Towers are fun as hell and are the right difficulty for most things. Even finishing them all gives you the character's tower ending. With that in mind there's really no reason for me to do Klassic Tower as it's a "Super Klassic Tower" with 5 different sections rather than 1.

The character towers start okay. Go back and see that there's more than 1, and look at the requirements for unlocking the levels, lol.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Are people online rage quitting by desynchronization instead of getting Quitality on PC?

It happens every time before I get the chance to do a fatality.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate all they've done with making the Krypt detailed but I'm not with all this adventure game stuff. Just give me it streamlined. I liked MKX's Krypt more tbh.
The character towers start okay. Go back and see that there's more than 1, and look at the requirements for unlocking the levels, lol.
Haven't been back to it since but I'll do it soon lol.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
soo, I have not done the heads or amulets in the krypt, but apart from that I opened pretty much every single chest.
and as someone else said, you get surprisingly few items for that.

I suppose I have to "respawn" the chests at those kronika panels for the rest?
that is honestly pretty bad and kinda kills my motivation.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
soo, I have not done the heads or amulets in the krypt, but apart from that I opened pretty much every single chest.

I figure the best shit is past the elder gods puzzle and with the heads, both of which will take me weeks to get unless they start handing out lots of souls and decrease the number of fatalities you have to get.

I'm not sure if there's a list made of rewards for the heads but I know the Shao Kahn og helmet is acquired by getting his. You also need cetrions head to finish the elder gods puzzle.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017

There are 600 chests and if you have opened pretty much everything just keep respawning until you get whatever the hell you want. If you literally want everything you are fucked, this is day 5 and no one is supposed to have everything that such a complete game has to offer.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I forgot to mention I opened next to none of those soul "chests" for 100 souls, so there might be plenty of stuff still there.
kinda insane to ask 10k of them for one of the amulets.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Anyone else mess around with Shao Kahn?

I was just experimenting with his "Dark Priest" buff move that boosts the damage on all hammer attacks. A normal combo, you're likely to add 10-15 points of damage, but if you do his regular throws it boosts them 80 points of damage from 120 to 200. Holy Moly.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Damn, this monster keeps attacking me now every time I use the blindfold. Swinging the hammer every time I put it on now, just in case.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I forgot to mention I opened next to none of those soul "chests" for 100 souls, so there might be plenty of stuff still there.
kinda insane to ask 10k of them for one of the amulets.

After raising the bridge for the pit for 2000 souls only to get access to another 250 heart chest I said fuck it and started opening all those.

Some of the better stuff I've received has been from the soul chests

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've managed to kill it a few times now, got a sub--zero skin at first and now getting 1,000 koins every time I kill it.

Well, shit. I gotta get some better reflexes and start swinging.

Also question for you guys going hard on the Krypt, I've reached the point where I've explored just about everything up to:

Getting Ermac's amulet

There is basically nowhere else for me to go and I'm reading that I need a skeleton key that you get at random from the chests to proceed to some Torture area. Tis true this fact?

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
So there's speculation that the chests that cost exactly 15k in the Krypt are also fixed. If anyone is willing to check or test this, there are two 15k chests after the bridge you have to use scorpions spear on two lanterns to lower. The chests contained a skin for Geras and Sub Zero. The Geras skin is called Temporal Iris. I'll have to look up the Sub Zero one later.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Oh cool, the character tower requirements for the fatalities and brutalities don't retroactively count what you do before they're summoned.

I really shouldn't be surprised anymore.
That's especially brutal given how Injustice 2's Legendary Towers came so late to the game and, if memory serves, weren't retroactive. I probably would have had some of the requirements for a chunk of the cast, but being expected to grind those things afterwards? Woof. I'm going to wait on character towers too. I'm expecting some kind of reduction of requirements.

Also question for you guys going hard on the Krypt, I've reached the point where I've explored just about everything up to:

Getting Ermac's amulet

There is basically nowhere else for me to go and I'm reading that I need a skeleton key that you get at random from the chests to proceed to some Torture area. Tis true this fact?
...just swing as your guy puts on the blindfold as a precaution every time.

Skeleton keys are random, yeah. If memory serves there are a fair amount of 'em. They tend to not be in the 10,000+ chests. Can't remember if I got em in the 2,000-ish or 5-6,000-ish ones. But yeah, you'll amass a few fairly quickly if you aren't focused on the pricey ones.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Getting Ermac's amulet

there is a farm spot for skeleton keys.

theres a 10k chest along the right wall right where you start in the krypt. there is a pot to the left of the chest and it has leaves behind/beside it.

that chest is a guaranteed skeleton key. you can reset it and farm it

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
So there's speculation that the chests that cost exactly 15k in the Krypt are also fixed. If anyone is willing to check or test this, there are two 15k chests after the bridge you have to use scorpions spear on two lanterns to lower. The chests contained a skin for Geras and Sub Zero. The Geras skin is called Temporal Iris. I'll have to look up the Sub Zero one later.

Yeah the 15k chests are fixed I think, same for the ones in the royal vault. I'm not sure about the 250k one but it looked like one to me; maybe the summoned tower key in that chest is random but it had skins for all 5 ninjas in the game so I suspect those are guaranteed.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
So, I was checking all the artwork I got from the Krypt and this called my attention. Almost every character have present and past artworks, but a few characters have future and far past versions. Check it out:

Future versions:

20190429004625-1.jpg

20190429004641-1.jpg

Far past versions:

20190429004617-1.jpg

20190429004729-1.jpg

Maybe they'll add some later? Also, the other Elder Gods as bonus:

20190429004912-1.jpg

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Just set up an AI and spend some time beating towers, you'll reach over 100,000k pretty quickly.

The fastest way I've found so far is just to farm the "Precarious Bargain" summoned tower from the 250k chest (assuming that isn't a random tower key in there).

After the first clear the possible rewards for the tower are either 50k coins, 75k coins, or 3 sets of consumables - one of which is always a stack of 5 more keys for the same tower (for what reason, I don't know). An AI fighter clears the one-fight tower in about 3-4 minutes easily without consumables, so if you are bored and watching Netflix or something you can have an AI fighter farm it for the entire hour it is available and you'll average about 350-400k coins and way more keys than you'd ever need to farm it again indefinitely if you choose. Plus you also always get a Kollector summon coin and a lot of other Forge consumables for free.

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Yeah the 15k chests are fixed I think, same for the ones in the royal vault. I'm not sure about the 250k one but it looked like one to me; maybe the summoned tower key in that chest is random but it had skins for all 5 ninjas in the game so I suspect those are guaranteed.

Awesome thanks for confirming. Kinda wish I had payed more attention now so I could document it. I'll keep track of any other ones I find.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
The fastest way I've found so far is just to farm the "Precarious Bargain" summoned tower from the 250k chest (assuming that isn't a random tower key in there).

After the first clear the possible rewards for the tower are either 50k coins, 75k coins, or 3 sets of consumables - one of which is always a stack of 5 more keys for the same tower (for what reason, I don't know). An AI fighter clears the one-fight tower in about 3-4 minutes easily without consumables, so if you are bored and watching Netflix or something you can have an AI fighter farm it for the entire hour it is available and you'll average about 350-400k coins and way more keys than you'd ever need to farm it again indefinitely if you choose. Plus you also always get a Kollector summon coin and a lot of other Forge consumables for free.
I still need to unlock it so that chest appears. I'm totally fine with koins right now though, opened all the chests in the areas that I've unlocked so far, just need to get more souls, which is proving tougher. They really need to buff how many souls you earn in towers.

But, to be honest, I'm close to burning out on all this grinding.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
I still need to unlock it so that chest appears. I'm totally fine with koins right now though, opened all the chests in the areas that I've unlocked so far, just need to get more souls, which is proving tougher. They really need to buff how many souls you earn in towers.

But, to be honest, I'm close to burning out on all this grinding.

Yeah, I'm hoping this upcoming patch really takes some of the grind out. There is a Krypt progression item that costs 10,000 souls for fuck's sake. On top of the other Krypt progression stuff that requires souls. Or the blindfold consuming souls while active for no reason other than to make this more like a mobile game. It makes me annoyed just thinking about it.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ that Noob Saibot tower that popped an hour ago with poison modifier was so dumb. I tried to beat the last boss tower for 45 minute and ragequit / altf4. Fucking hell NRS am I playing a mobile game or what? The poison was literally making me take more self damage than I could deal with anything. A single combo with a hardknockdown took 40% of my health. I need to wail on him for 2 minute. This is some serious bullshit. Really happy to have wasted consumables and nothing to show for it. Christ towers of time are shit.

Bro getting smacked by random farts is not my idea of fun

No warning, instantenous and inblockable! Who the hell designs this shit.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Started an endless tower with my ai noob saibot, he can farm for me while I sleep.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Boy these guys really think MK is the only game I'm buying this year, huh? Friggin tutorials were as long as Story mode. And the tips telling me to use my Wingdings to go and create new Wingdings in the "forge"? You've got to be joking.

Sure, I'll spend time collecting souls (?) and stones (?) and hearts (?) to get new masks and intros (???) for a character I'll never use. Are they high?

MK wasn't even the only game I bought last Tuesday.

Last edited:

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Its the first Mortal Kombat I got into since MK3 and I'm loving it.

I have a stupid question though because I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

When going stand by on PS4 and coming back the game disconnects you from the servers and I cannot figure out how to reconnect to the servers, what am I missing?
This happens to me on my Switch too, did you figure out a fix?