• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
That's a good route. You can also hop in the Klassic Tower for character specific endings. The Towers of Time are really unbalanced until the patch comes. Some are a cakewalk with decent rewards, some are brutally unfair and not fun. I would log in every once in awhile in case the rewards for a tower are what you're after...if they aren't, just wait until they balance it more. For the Krypt, if you've stockpiled coins, no harm in opening some chests in there. I just wouldn't worry about grinding the currencies until the patch drops.

Thanks for the tips!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I think I just found my favorite ToT yet: a match in which I lost 3/4ths of my healthbar to a single bicycle kick as two obnoxious fire modifiers swiftly drained my life while he pummeled my face.

XfQ0j5s.jpg

In other news, I finally started winning online matches with Liu Kang once I discovered the magic of Dragon's Gifts. My playstyle is probably super annoying to fight against but it's fun to spam fireballs and teleport around.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean he wouldn't call himself a pro either I'm sure but I'm unsure why he isn't feeling it.

Game seems far better than X, but the throws need to be relooked at, and there's some characters that have everything and kitchen sink to throw at you. So balance isn't ideal...
throws need to be powerful, otherwise i can block all day. the threat of the throw needs to be real

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I guess the Race Against Time challenge ends tomorrow. I just want my stuff already, been in the top 5% for ages now.

edit: Actually it's Tuesday I see. Feels like it's been up forever.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Are all the towers filled with total bullshit? Made it about 5 matches into the one that had homing missiles appear before I rage quit, and if that is the common experience I might be done with this before even starting the story. There is absolutely not a damn thing fun or challenging about random nonsense absolutely wrecking me and not my actual opponent.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Are all the towers filled with total bullshit? Made it about 5 matches into the one that had homing missiles appear before I rage quit, and if that is the common experience I might be done with this before even starting the story. There is absolutely not a damn thing fun or challenging about random nonsense absolutely wrecking me and not my actual opponent.

There's a reason so many people are farming the towers with AI

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I think I just found my favorite ToT yet: a match in which I lost 3/4ths of my healthbar to a single bicycle kick as two obnoxious fire modifiers swiftly drained my life while he pummeled my face.

XfQ0j5s.jpg

In other news, I finally started winning online matches with Liu Kang once I discovered the magic of Dragon's Gifts. My playstyle is probably super annoying to fight against but it's fun to spam fireballs and teleport around.

LOL. Yea I did that one earlier. It was annoying and took some tries.

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
why would this lead you to not play the story

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, I'm having issues playing with my friend on PC tonight. First time it's happened. I assume it's server-side since we didn't have any problems last night.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Man, can't wait for the first legit major for this game. With all them killers going at each other.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Kung Lao's character towers, gave me a skin, chibi avatar, intro and taunt for finishing all of them, on top on the stuf for doing each. Really nice.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
The amount of Desychs tonight was absolutely ridiculous. Almost beat Jade boss and the fucking thing desynched. They really need to get their shit together in terms of the PC version because the amount of bugs is unacceptable.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They should finish the Race Against Time challenge whenever the ToT patch hits. So everything (and everyone) can begin anew at the same conditions.

And I got the 250k chest, used the key to summon the tower but it ended with no more key drops... So I guess it's gone forever? Or do soul chests respawn as well?

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of Desychs tonight was absolutely ridiculous. Almost beat Jade boss and the fucking thing desynched. They really need to get their shit together in terms of the PC version because the amount of bugs is unacceptable.

This only started happening today for the most part. I assume it's server-side and will hopefully be fixed shortly.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
They should finish the Race Against Time challenge whenever the ToT patch hits. So everything (and everyone) can begin anew at the same conditions.

And I got the 250k chest, used the key to summon the tower but it ended with no more key drops... So I guess it's gone forever? Or do soul chests respawn as well?

You have to do it again for the key drops. I ran it 4 times and got 5 key drops for the 3rd and 4th run. 2nd run I think was just koins.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

XfQ0j5s.jpg

The tutorial didn't prepare me for that!

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
So someone managed to get all Krypt related stuff from a file and one of the lines is interesting...

[KryptTeleporterLocations]

TeleporterLocationLivingForestPortal="YouhavediscoveredtheLivingForestPortal!Youcannowteleporthere."

TeleporterLocationLivingForestMonsterTree="YouhavediscoveredtheLivingForestMonsterTree!Youcannowteleporthere."

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love people who initiate projectile spam so you do it back only for them to quit then rage about you spamming lol.

Bro I tried to keep dashing in and you kept throwing Kotal discs. I'm not gonna play into it and now you can experience how annoying it is.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You have to do it again for the key drops. I ran it 4 times and got 5 key drops for the 3rd and 4th run. 2nd run I think was just koins.
That's what I should've done, yes... But I ended up going after other towers and it expired :(

Well, maybe the chest will respawn or the key will be somewhere else.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
I feel like even after going through the defense tutorial, I still have no idea how to defend myself in this game. I know about blocks and perfect blocks and that weird fast fall thing to avoid being juggled, but I feel like it's impossible to avoid being combo'd by certain characters like Baraka, Kano, and Jacqui. No matter what I do or how I time my blocks, I just end up getting combo'd constantly with no way to avoid it.

I'm trying to play through Skarlet's tower of time deal and even aside from the dumb variables, I just don't know how to defend myself properly against a lot of the opponents.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely no idea. Just kinda farmed for Koins and went back opening them randomly.
There's a reason so many people are farming the towers with AI
Yea, I've been farming with AI everyday. Something to do without doing anything.
Can someone explain to me how you begin farming? What do I need to do first and what is the best way to do it? I have an arcade stick (with turbo) so I'm good there.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like even after going through the defense tutorial, I still have no idea how to defend myself in this game. I know about blocks and perfect blocks and that weird fast fall thing to avoid being juggled, but I feel like it's impossible to avoid being combo'd by certain characters like Baraka, Kano, and Jacqui. No matter what I do or how I time my blocks, I just end up getting combo'd constantly with no way to avoid it.

I'm trying to play through Skarlet's tower of time deal and even aside from the dumb variables, I just don't know how to defend myself properly against a lot of the opponents.
Record a match and post it so we can see what's going on.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me how you begin farming? What do I need to do first and what is the best way to do it? I have an arcade stick (with turbo) so I'm good there.

Oh, I'm not using the turbo technique much. Just watching something and pressing continue while I let the AI do the ToT. Mainly farming for the loot and getting money on the side.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A Tower of Time just opened for me, and had a bunch of ✅'s already as I had claimed that loot in a previous tower. Sure, I am 0.7% this week on the leaderboard (I run a bunch of AI when doing other work), but did not expect to see repeats already with so much loot locked behind this mode