• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to get lockpicks that set at all? Like, say 1 or 2 to start with? Or is it all RNG?

That chest sounds awesome, will definitely go for it. Thanks all!

That 250k chest is worth getting mainly cuz it has Scorp's classic skin. The GOAT. The rest I could pass.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Jesus Christ, Kollector never has the items I have for trade. I have so many fucking tradeable items and his meager selection never has shit I can get. So annoying.
Just found that out myself. I only had one item he wanted, yet he had a couple costumes I wanted that I couldn't trade for.

> Check if Kollector is at the room
> If yes, check the tradeable items. Nothing you can trade? Pause, return to the main menu
> Enter Krypt again. You'll be at Goro's Lair entrance, just run to his room again and he'll have new itens. Keep reseting at will. I got like 20 skins in a few minutes.

Also, everytime you do this it'll respawn 1 or 2 corpses at the room, so you can loot some hearts while doing it.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
This is good to hear, I'm the same as you offline. Hard for story, had to plug away at Kronka, and was doing Klassic Towers on medium but I'm dropped them down to very easy just to get through asap as Kronika is just not fun to grind against.

Thanks for the reply.
Is there any single player content that should not be played on very easy (resulting in less of a reward)?

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
What happens if I forget an objective with a character tower? I'm on my first one and I forgot to do enough throws with Sub-Zero so now I can't access the Kronika match.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
That 250k chest is worth getting mainly cuz it has Scorp's classic skin. The GOAT. The rest I could pass.

I still don't think anyone has found his classic mask (Miho demon). I suspect it's like with the og Shao Kahn helmet and you need the 50 fatalities head to get it.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
> If yes, check the tradeable items. Nothing you can trade? Pause, return to the main menu
> Enter Krypt again. You'll be at Goro's Lair entrance, just run to his room again and he'll have new itens. Keep reseting at will. I got like 20 skins in a few minutes.

Also, everytime you do this it'll respawn 1 or 2 corpses at the room, so you can loot some hearts while doing it.

Oh wow, you can refresh it that way? Awesome. Wish they had a manual refresh but I'll do this.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
What happens if I forget an objective with a character tower? I'm on my first one and I forgot to do enough throws with Sub-Zero so now I can't access the Kronika match.
You can repeat the towers if you want, you also can do them in other towers, doesn't need to be done in the character tower set.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017

Awesome, good to know. Thanks.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I would pay 60 dollars to just unlock everything in the krypt.
I really don't want to play single player.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
When a repeat tower show up, it says that I can unlock things that I've already unlocked. Like, a couple of Jade items will be greyed out but then a few will be there as if I still need to earn them. I already have those items in my inventory or even equipped.

And then looking at the calling cards, some of them didn't unlock for completing story chapters. AND when I was in the krypt one time, I opened a green container and literally nothing happened. I didn't get anything but it still took my souls. I think the always online bullshit in this game is buggy as hell and a lot of things aren't authorizing/saving/whatever correctly. Hopefully items won't get lost to the void permanently.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Figure I'd ask again, is there a place on the menus that show the conditions for Brutalities that you've unlocked, or do you just have to figure them out yourself?

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played a MK game in years, but I'm largely enjoying this one so far. The whole Krypt thing is actually kind of neat to explore. The environments are gorgeous in a way.

But I have to say, if they don't officially patch in 60fps for the Krypt, menus, and the rest of the non-pre-rendered sequences, I'm going to jump on that fan made mod. The Krypt especially is just horrendous to navigate with the 30fps lock.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Figure I'd ask again, is there a place on the menus that show the conditions for Brutalities that you've unlocked, or do you just have to figure them out yourself?

In the Kosmetics section where you can check the unlocked Fatals and Brutalities. Each one should have directions on what to do.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Wow, for the first time I actually had all the items to be able to buy an entire set from the Kollector. Got a neat Shao Khan skin from it.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Agreed

BTW Krypt explorers, what do after getting the blindfold? What do?! I can't find Dakota Johnson anywhere, so I'm out of ideas!

The blindfold shows breakable walls and hidden chests. They usually have items you can trade to the Kollector along with other things. There are plenty, my suggestion would be put it on right at the start of the Krypt and explore. Just know it eats your souls doing so.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Tonight is the first time I've really done the Towers of Time and wow, I fucking hate it. It has been made for one reason and one reason only, piss you off until you spend real money. It has no place in this game at all IMO.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at the walls while using it.

The blindfold shows breakable walls and hidden chests. They usually have items you can trade to the Kollector along with other things. There are plenty, my suggestion would be put it on right at the start of the Krypt and explore. Just know it eats your souls doing so.

RIP my greenies T_T. Oh well!

Also, but there's nothing like trapping someone in a corner with Skarlet, having them tech roll away through you and using Blood Splatter to bounce them right back into the corner lol.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Holy shit did ANYBODY playtest the kombo limitations tutorial? Even the AI demo can't do it. This shit fuckin sucks, been trying for 20 minutes, I haven't been this mad at a game in years.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Did NRS say what is going to change in terms of rewards for the upcoming patch? Just increased rewards and lower difficulty?

Did they say anything regards to the pricing of the Krypt Chests being reduced?

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
When a repeat tower show up, it says that I can unlock things that I've already unlocked. Like, a couple of Jade items will be greyed out but then a few will be there as if I still need to earn them. I already have those items in my inventory or even equipped.

And then looking at the calling cards, some of them didn't unlock for completing story chapters. AND when I was in the krypt one time, I opened a green container and literally nothing happened. I didn't get anything but it still took my souls. I think the always online bullshit in this game is buggy as hell and a lot of things aren't authorizing/saving/whatever correctly. Hopefully items won't get lost to the void permanently.
Things you didnt redeem should be in the notification area when you pull up your mk profile

Did NRS say what is going to change in terms of rewards for the upcoming patch? Just increased rewards and lower difficulty?

Did they say anything regards to the pricing of the Krypt Chests being reduced?
You can spend your hoard, they said they will increase rewards not decrease costs

Deleted member 36749

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 24, 2017
Atlanta
Holy shit did ANYBODY playtest the kombo limitations tutorial? Even the AI demo can't do it. This shit fuckin sucks, been trying for 20 minutes, I haven't been this mad at a game in years.

Yo I really thought I was doing something wrong and it's just me.

I'm hitting mad combos with all my fave combos and random ish in the tutorial wont land.

Then I hit demo and the AI FAILS TO HIT THE COMBO ITS SUPPOSED TO DEMONSTRATE..

I cant believe this, sorry for caps lol

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
It can still be done regardless.

There's one on PS4 where the AI Scorpion doesn't even attempt to throw a spear after the Krushing Blow. Still perfectly doable.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

some of those tutorials are bugged.

there was one where it said to do x, o, x or something but it needed only x, o.

I had a tough time with the kombo ones. I spend a while on the raiden strings.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Which abilities for Sonya and scorp?

Quick question - what skills on your Sonya?

Apologies since I'm not home right now and I don't remember the name of them off the top of my head. I know it's nothing to do with the turret though.

For Scorpion I know I was using the Demon Dash ability and the AI loved to combo with it. Seemed to work pretty well. I think Misery Blade was the other I put just for fun but the AI didn't really use it from what I noticed.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
There is so many missed opportunities for actual Stage Fatalities to be included in the game but simply just aren't there.

Being thrown in the swinging blades to the right of the Shaolin Trap Stage, Being eaten by a Dinosaur in the Prehistoric Kronika Stage, Being blow up by the large missile launcher on the Special Forces stage, Getting thrown into the crowd in the Black Dragon Fight Club getting stomped to death, Getting knocked into cage into the Beast Pen stage and the beasts inside the cage mauling the victim to death, Getting smashed into the Cyber Lin Kuei Assembly machines and one of the cyborgs coming to life and taking the victim away to become a part of the army.

So many different opportunities, even for stage based brutalities even.