• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Oh nice, you can get intros with kyrstals, would be nice if were cheaper than 750 but I'll take it. Probably with save my krystals just for these and hopefully some victories start going up too.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
is there a site or something that kind of lays out some of the juggles and combos you can string together with fighters?

i wanna do some crazy shit with liu kang

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I do fairly well online.

Story mode on hard but very easy on klassic towers (I just want to get through them fast).

Kronika was a pretty big wall at the end of story mode for me. It took me a fair few attempts to finally get through the fight without getting destroyed.

This is good to hear, I'm the same as you offline. Hard for story, had to plug away at Kronka, and was doing Klassic Towers on medium but I'm dropped them down to very easy just to get through asap as Kronika is just not fun to grind against.

Thanks for the reply.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Things I really want to change from this game:

1 - Reward ranked play (and really, all modes that aren't Towers Of Time). I'm fine with Towers of Time being it's own mode that lets you zero in on specific character skins/gear when they pop up, etc., but it sucks when the one mode that distances the game from its actual fighting mechanics is the mode that rewards a player's time).

2 - Make Kustom variations tournament playable (or at the very least, align with the default variations) and more than one kustom skin useable in Ranked play. It's weird that the main new features of the game for Mortal Kombat (customization of moveset and looks) is absent from so many areas of the game that will be played the most.

3 - Towers of Time. Yeah, difficulty is coming down, rewards are going up, some unblockables are becoming blockable, etc. I don't expect larger changes to come to the mode, but in an ideal world they would do a real re-envisioning of it.

Right now, there's not just a huge time sink (you often have to invest a solid 20-30 minutes on a full set of towers to see rewards that are worth your time) and difficulty curve (obviously), but also a weird balance of puzzles to figure out and unfair mechanics to deal while doing that. It's a huge balance they have to deal with. If a Konsumable just fully negates a modifier...then the game selling you on Konsumables isn't "it adds a wrench to the core gameplay," it's "it returns the game to its core gameplay." And that's not more fun than just fighting. If the konsumables give your character a distinct advantage, then it becomes just easier/less strategic than a normal fight, which can be fun if it speeds up rewards for fights. That said, outside of speeding up rewards, I can't think of any consumables or modifiers that make the game more interesting when playing against an AI outside of the co-op tag battles. Also, the number of konsumables is outrageous - so many of them do the exact same thing but for poison/fire/chaos etc. It just all feels like it was designed for as many items as possible, without looking at any single item to see if it made the game fun.

That Challenge Gauntlet is like the MK9 tower most of us had fun with (despite a few frustrating moments)...only it's obvious how poorly tuned it was. The one tower that relies on no randomness, that was actually hand-crafted, is full of just completely unfun fights (the Cassie/Jackie rocket spam fight, the poisonous gas double flawless fight, the Reptile fight, etc.). Granted, I'm only 7 towers in, but so far, there's just not much pushing me to see it through.

5 - Kill the leveling up gear mechanic and let us freely equip/re-equip augments. It's a needless grind on an element of the game no one seems particularly interested in anyway. We don't really feel like we are leveling up our characters as it is, and the differences are often negligible. Either these augments should be about leveling up characters like an RPG, where they are earned, but make hard fights in towers become easy, or they should have minimal impact, but be really to (and not punish you for) swapping out stuff.

6 - Drastically reduce the grind of the end puzzles of the Krypt. I feel like it'd be a stronger mode if there was no artificial gating to finishing the mode, but that you'd still revisit for months afterwards by restocking and opening new chests for additional items. I've put so much time into the Towers and Krypt and I'm still waiting on 7,000 souls and hundreds of fatalities to get to the next part. I mean, there's a lot to want to change about the krypt, it's just...I don't expect anything else to actually be done.

7 - Showcase tournament streams directly on the main menu. It's still strange to me that as fighting games increasingly rely on their competitive scenes to push the longevity of the games, market the games, etc., that they are still so separate. If you bought MK11 but didn't know about esports, the game does nothing to nudge you into seeing these. It seems like a no-brainer for there to be in-game ways to not just watch tournaments, but join them. And then, beyond that, it'd be easy enough to add in a layer of weekly tutorial/strategy videos form the community like Ketchup And Mustard.

8 - Redesigned Menu Screens. NRS have some of the most beautiful models they've ever had. But the menu screen is filled with clunky boxes that have ugly borders on them, containing an art style that isn't seen anywhere in the game outside of the non-cannon tower endings. It just feels really out of whack with the rest of the game at this point.

9 - Despite all of that, it's the best Mortal Kombat I've ever played and my last hope is that they do indeed support the game longer than any other NRS title. Not with never-ending tower additions, but with more Kombat Packs, stages and tournament support. It's a really great game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
And fml, I'm performing a fatality or brutality EVERY fight. I've not missed a single one yet... and I'm only on 45 hearts after spending the initial bunch you get at the start.

Ugh.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

Wait. Yes to everything?
yes to the shortcut stuff. Amplify is just interact.
Anyone have a layout on stick that they feel comfortable on? Everything I've tried is super awkward.

1 block 2
3 stance 4

Looks weird but works well because each button has its own dedicated button . 1+2 is interact/amplify 1+3 is throw, 3+4 is also stance switch

is there a site or something that kind of lays out some of the juggles and combos you can string together with fighters?

i wanna do some crazy shit with liu kang
YouTube honestly. Just search for "mortal Kombat 11 lui Kang combos/guide"

Sub to channels like PNDK&M and Rooflemonger

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And fml, I'm performing a fatality or brutality EVERY fight. I've not missed a single one yet... and I'm only on 45 hearts after spending the initial bunch you get at the start.

Ugh.
Getting high scores on the towers of time seems to be the best way to get them. There was one the other day where I got 75 hearts. Sadly the AI generally doesn't get the scores needed to get the hearts so you'll need to play them yourself.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Ugh.

What I hate about the hearts thing is it punishes you for not doing one, so you're always gonna see one online, which gets super old, especially if you want to run sets.
In the beta it was so refreshing to match up with someone where you both sped past that part to just get the next match in the set going.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So what do you guys do? Stick with 1 character or play around with many? I'm going to play a new character every day I think. I did Sub Zero yesterday and Noob Saibot today.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Hearts are not that bad to get. I almost have every heart chest in the krypt and they do not refill so hearts gonna be useless to me soon.

You get a bunch as tower rewards or refilled chests.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, good to hear hearts are more plentiful in the towers.

Getting high scores on the towers of time seems to be the best way to get them. There was one the other day where I got 75 hearts. Sadly the AI generally doesn't get the scores needed to get the hearts so you'll need to play them yourself.
I've not really delved into ToT much...

Does difficulty add more to the score? And is Kronika the boss of every tower?

What I hate about the hearts thing is it punishes you for not doing one, so you're always gonna see one online, which gets super old, especially if you want to run sets.
In the beta it was so refreshing to match up with someone where you both sped past that part to just get the next match in the set going.
I try to go for a brutality instead, I get bored watching my own fatalities.... I kind of wish they weren't final hit as I'm compelled to Fatality every time the opportunity arises as you say.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've not really delved into ToT much...

Does difficulty add more to the score? And is Kronika the boss of every tower?
Towers have a fixed difficulty to start with but if you get a high enough score you unlock a brutal difficulty of said. The final matches of towers are just regular fights. There are specific boss towers but said bosses are just supped up versions of normal characters so you can still combo them, do fatal blows, grab them, and so on.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Towers have a fixed difficulty to start with but if you get a high enough score you unlock a brutal difficulty of said. The final matches of towers are just regular fights. There are specific boss towers but said bosses are just supped up versions of normal characters so you can still combo them, do fatal blows, grab them, and so on.
Very good to hear, thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
This one was still giving me trouble. It's just so long to chip away without messing up. Got any character an/or battle tips for it?
I was Sub-Zero in this tower. I found that it wasn't so bad with a decent teammate:
1 - having a few combos to switch through (ideally ones that vary lows/overheads etc). If you knock her down, just get in her face and do combos as she gets up, every once in awhile crossing her up to start another combo, etc. You can do a lot of damage if you're keeping the pressure up
2 - tag out before you're in trouble health-wise. You regenerate health when you're on the sidelines. If someone is on the sidelines with 100% health they are just wasting one of the resources of the fight. It's better to tag in and out so someone is always getting health back than taking her down to 40% on one fighter and hoping the second fighter can finish her off starting at full (as that's when the fight gets harder anyway).
3 - I found iceball and the enhanced slide were nice for when the fight gets tricky at the end with the gravity/magnet kind of thing happening. Also, save fatal blows for this portion of the fight. Basically, it's the portion of the fight where it's nice to get some "free" damage in when she's low.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Wait, how do you unlock Box Office Champ Johnny?

I have him on Xbox, but went to Switch to see how as I don't have him on Switch and it says in requirements "???".

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What/where is the 250k one and what does it have?

Also intereted in the answer to your question...
That chest gives you a bunch of skins 9like 5 or so) and a key to a special tower fo time. This tower gives you a ton of koins every time you beat it as well as more keys letting you summon the tower again once the time runs out. It;s a great way to farm koins (sometimes you can get 100k from one run). Said tower is an endurance fight where you need to fight against 5 Kollectors.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
That chest gives you a bunch of skins 9like 5 or so) and a key to a special tower fo time. This tower gives you a ton of koins every time you beat it as well as more keys letting you summon the tower again once the time runs out. It;s a great way to farm koins (sometimes you can get 100k from one run). Said tower is an endurance fight where you need to fight against 5 Kollectors.
can ai beat it?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ, Kollector never has the items I have for trade. I have so many fucking tradeable items and his meager selection never has shit I can get. So annoying.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what the deal with augments is? I have at least one of each type for Liu Kang and I can look at them when I look at the Manage Augments screen, but when I try to actually equip them in an empty slot on his gear none of them show up. Is there something else I have to do first?

edit: never mind i figured it out seconds after posting, each augment apparently also only fits into a specific type of gear and coincidentally none of them match up with the slots in that particular piece of gear.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to get lockpicks that set at all? Like, say 1 or 2 to start with? Or is it all RNG?

That chest sounds awesome, will definitely go for it. Thanks all!

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
After playing 20 hours on PC, I love the game ! But the grinding is just insane! Perform 50 times a fatality on every character to progress in the Krypt ??
So if the game is giving this bullshit, I'm using my own bullshit. Just set up an autohotkey (it presses Enter every 5 seconds), so my AI can grind endless the whole day while I'm doing other stuff, haha.
Hi, would you mind sharing your script? I tried setting it up but for some reason it works with everything BUT MK11.