• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The actual worst thing about it is I'm afraid the staff is getting crunched to hell and back right now due to the mistakes of some dipshit suit that said they needed to do this to increase engagement or prep for future monetization BS.
it doesn't seem like things that would need super crunch to fix.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any bonus to doing classic towers on Hard?

I'm fine with regular fighters, but Kronika on hard is fucking me up. I can beat her on medium just fine.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
So, is Noob the definitive best AI?

What is Sonya's best AI configuration?

Give me your best AI fighters!
Sonya is the definitive AI, she goes further than Noob in the endless tower. Unfortunately none can reach level 50.

I wonder if they can go as far as making the Krypt locations static/the same for every player.
I don't think anything can be done with the Krypt at this point without ruining everyone's save data. A lot of people already opened chests and changing how they work simply would break everything. Improving rewards already solves the Krypt problems.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
How the shit do you deal with Frost's spinning blade attack? Can't jump in on it, seems insanely safe on block, and unless you're far enough a way to do a projectile you're kinda just SOL.
It's a high so it can be avoided entirely by crouching without blocking. Other than that though, it really is an obnoxious move because you can't do anything other than block the whole thing. The MB version is -7 so if you're really good with your timing, you can punish with a jab string punish with some characters (probably not all). Though the regular version is -4 oB so you should be trying to get your turn back with your fastest mid if possible.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I love the game as a whole, but it's such a drag to grind to unlock stuff I'm probably not going to bother with it much longer.

I just want to use Johnny Cage's MK1-MK2 outfit, but I been having nothing but bad luck with unlocking his shit.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
it doesn't seem like things that would need super crunch to fix.

On their live stream regarding this one of the devs was on and said he was going right back to work on it after the stream ended and he was pretty flustered. I dunno man, all these hooks probably need a lot of adjusting if they want to make the economy make any sense at all. They also have to tweak all the tower shit so it's less abusive and maybe sort out the AI for god knows how many towers. This is no small undertaking for about a week of turnaround.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
On their live stream regarding this one of the devs was on and said he was going right back to work on it after the stream ended and he was pretty flustered. I dunno man, all these hooks probably need a lot of adjusting if they want to make the economy make any sense at all. They also have to tweak all the tower shit so it's less abusive and maybe sort out the AI for god knows how many towers. This is no small undertaking for about a week of turnaround.

Yeah, I have no doubt they're probably under massive crunch/OT work on this quick of a turnaround, even if the first fixes don't address everything.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know enough to comment further.

Oct 27, 2017
No wonder it will be long to unlock stuff in towers of times, that makes 4 towers I already did that are repeated today... Praise rng!
That Kollector tower I even did it yesterday... and I already did the Kabal's skin one too, I have nothing new to do for 2 hours... and the game was out 6 days ago...

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Sonya is the definitive AI, she goes further than Noob in the endless tower. Unfortunately none can reach level 50.

I don't think anything can be done with the Krypt at this point without ruining everyone's save data. A lot of people already opened chests and changing how they work simply would break everything. Improving rewards already solves the Krypt problems.

Hook me up with the sonya ai config for endless

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
It's a high so it can be avoided entirely by crouching without blocking. Other than that though, it really is an obnoxious move because you can't do anything other than block the whole thing. The MB version is -7 so if you're really good with your timing, you can punish with a jab string punish with some characters (probably not all). Though the regular version is -4 oB so you should be trying to get your turn back with your fastest mid if possible.

Thanks dude, I'll try that. I couldn't believe how this guy was just spamming it over and over and whipping me, I couldn't punish for the life of me.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a layout on stick that they feel comfortable on? Everything I've tried is super awkward.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I really dislike about the unlock system is there's no rewards for playing online I mean sure I get like 30 coins and 2 hearts and 10 souls but that's pretty much nothing. On Injustice 2 you could unlock all your gear just by playing online why isn't NRS rewarding the people that wanna pvp?

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
One thing I really dislike about the unlock system is there's no rewards for playing online I mean sure I get like 30 coins and 2 hearts and 10 souls but that's pretty much nothing. On Injustice 2 you could unlock all your gear just by playing online why isn't NRS rewarding the people that wanna pvp?

It's really out of wack. I hope this patch coming this week is worthwhile.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading online that some chests are fixed. There was apparently a means to exploit this using the Kronika Time Reset thing to farm infinite Skeleton Keys.

Using the power of time reversal, you can easily farm Skeleton Keys to unlock all Skeleton Key barriers.

Step 1: Open this chest (coordinates (6467, -467)) to obtain a Skeleton Key. It is located on the right side of the Palace Entrance after you start the Krypt. This chest will ALWAYS contain a Skeleton Key (although the first time it also contains a rifle for Erron Black).

Step 2: Go to Kronika's Time Rewind thingy in the Central Courtyard and rewind time. Hopefully you haven't opened any chests yet, or recently reversed time, as the price is only 2,000 per chest, so to replenish the Skeleton Key chest should only cost 2,000 koins.

Step 3: Return back to the chest, open it again for 10,000 koins and get another Skeleton Key. Rinse and repeat. :) I hope this helps you unlock all those gates a whole lot easier than just randomly opening chests and hoping you get one!

This might reduce some of the grind. Now if only we could find a fixed chest that gives an expensive reward to profit from.

Any idea how many total there are normally? Is this worth doing asap if you haven't started the Krypt yet?

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Do you play online at all?

I'm curious to hear how well people do online vs playing Kronica, or even general sp, on hard or very hard.

She has so much bullshit to deal with, but it might just be me not nailing advanced techniques.

Kronika gives me problems on medium, but I'm also a terrible player based on my fights online. I have a very terrible 1/6 record.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Soooo, I've been waiting for NRS to patch that grind before I buy the game. Is it done yet?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Switch patch was supposed to fix most of the Towers of Time BS but clearly not. Tried to play Revival of the Guard which seemed like a potentially really fun tower thanks to the online tag team gimmick only for it to reveal itself as an absolute joke. Jade takes away a nice 1/4th of your health with every combo while yours shave pixels off her massive life bar, and I actually managed to get her down to half health only to get a big fuck you from a random missile that suddenly appeared and killed me.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Guess I'l try AI Sonya later. Been using AI Kung Lao with desult stats mostly for everything and he's great.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Switch patch was supposed to fix most of the Towers of Time BS but clearly not. Tried to play Revival of the Guard which seemed like a potentially really fun tower thanks to the online tag team gimmick only for it to reveal itself as an absolute joke. Jade takes away a nice 1/4th of your health with every combo while yours shave pixels off her massive life bar, and I actually managed to get her down to half health only to get a big fuck you from a random missile that suddenly appeared and killed me.
Keep in mind co-op towers are supposed to be really hard and they won't be changing. That's why they're co-op.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
First patch fixed a few things, but the other patch along the extra currency should fix others.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Co-op towers are really great to be honest. They're supposed to be hard.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
i just got through Sonya's chapter in the story and my god, the end of the third fight and what happens... Ronda, please. That should have been so bad ass, but uuuugh.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Do you play online at all?

I'm curious to hear how well people do online vs playing Kronica, or even general sp, on hard or very hard.

She has so much bullshit to deal with, but it might just be me not nailing advanced techniques.

Can't say I enjoy the Kronika fights. I wouldn't mind her bullshit attacks if she wasn't impervious to everything. The lack of popping her up/histun creates gaps in your strings, neuters special moves and fatal blows.

Essentially turns into a boring fight of whack-a-mole.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Can't say I enjoy the Kronika fights. I wouldn't mind her bullshit attacks if she wasn't impervious to everything. The lack of popping her up/histun creates gaps in your strings, neuters special moves and fatal blows.

Yep. Kronika fight can't use your strings or fatal blows or grabs. Snoozefest boss fight. Have to play super defensively and knick at her health.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind co-op towers are supposed to be really hard and they won't be changing. That's why they're co-op.

It's hard but it's not fun. You just sit there and grind away at a big damage sponge until you get thrashed for making one mistake. Either have godlike AI or a huge health bar, not both. Oh, and twice I got an error when Jade landed the final hit on me, forcing me to reboot the game. Nice!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Question for the thread:

How well do you do online and what difficulty to you play vs computer on?

This is tying into my issues with Kronica mostly, but I'm really curious to hear.

For real, it's just boring af. On hard or very hard, given the slightest opening she rushes in with bullshit comobs I can't break out of. I can catch combos from normal fighters on hard and v.hard, I can block then flawless block then punish, for example.

But Kronika is a constant stream of bullshit AND a lot of your moveset is disabled.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How well do you do online and what difficulty to you play vs computer on?

This is tying into my issues with Kronica mostly, but I'm really curious to hear.
I do fairly well online.

Story mode on hard but very easy on klassic towers (I just want to get through them fast).

Kronika was a pretty big wall at the end of story mode for me. It took me a fair few attempts to finally get through the fight without getting destroyed.