• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I have to say the PC netcode is so good, every game has been rock solid. MKX was absolutely dire, I had maybe 5 good games in like 3 months of trying at release. I love how it shows you their connection type, strength and their frame rate, there's so many people playing you can just pie off anyone who isn't perfect in every category. It's currently 2am and I'm getting games in seconds.

Oct 26, 2017
I made a quick video about this tower too, because whenever it isn't offering keys for itself it is offering either 50k or 75k Koins and it only takes like 3-4 minutes to clear per run.

Has anyone gotten a different Summoned Tower key and can speak to whether they work this way as well?

It also seems to be a great way to farm flawless victories for the character towers. I needed 50 Flawless Victories to do one of Baraka's towers, but after grinding that particular tower for a while I quickly amassed my 50 Flawless Victories. During that endurance battle, you can get up to five flawless victories, and those Kollector AIs are easy to beat down.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How do I get better after finishing the tutorial stuff and all the kombos and moves from the menus in practice??

God I'm bad

Just gotta keep playing. The more you play, the better you'll get at your inputs. If you play enough, you'll be able to have an understanding of how every character plays and how to read what other players do.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I made a quick video about this tower too, because whenever it isn't offering keys for itself it is offering either 50k or 75k Koins and it only takes like 3-4 minutes to clear per run.

Has anyone gotten a different Summoned Tower key and can speak to whether they work this way as well?

Nope, I got a blood tower key and it just gave me Skarlet items and 500 hearts. But goddamn that tower was hard because of all the blood bs items

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can we take a moment to appreciate the absolutely beautiful character design and character modelling of MK11?

47717885561_85aaa1f627_o.png

33840736158_75f1cfba8f_o.png

47717883341_9c19cc5de3_o.png

33840734798_ddd61bba3c_o.png

47717884951_68c98ce268_o.png

33840736558_b2881a96d4_o.png

These are the most polished character models we have seen in a fighting game so far. The only other fighting game that comes close is Injustice 2, but MK11 raises the bar a couple of notches above that.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The gear system and how it added up to a power score in IJ2 is so much better than what they have here. I should be able to unlock skins and gear for only the character I'm using. Why do I have double the amount of unlocks for Kabal than for Kitana? Fuck off lol.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The gear system and how it added up to a power score in IJ2 is so much better than what they have here. I should be able to unlock skins and gear for only the character I'm using. Why do I have double the amount of unlocks for Kabal than for Kitana? Fuck off lol.
Yeah, it's went backward imo

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Nope, I got a blood tower key and it just gave me Skarlet items and 500 hearts. But goddamn that tower was hard because of all the blood bs items

So what happened after it was completed, though? That tower we're talking about could be replayed for more rewards while the timer was still active. Did yours just disappear after the first clear?

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Holy shit Noob is destroying this tower for me with the preset I've seen on here.

Thanks MK Community.

They're going to nerf him....aren't they.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Even if they
Holy shit Noob is destroying this tower for me with the preset I've seen on here.

Thanks MK Community.

They're going to nerf him....aren't they.
Even if they do, I'd be shocked if it was enough to make them not viable (maybe just enough to make you still use konsumables?). Injustice 2 had AI for a good chunk of the roster that were nearly indestructible with combo/counter stats maxed.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Man if that End-of-Ladder Kronika fight is indictive of the cheap ass shit I'll find in the Towers of Time, I'm definitely waiting for a patch

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I went through the entire first tower in Gauntlet after beating Noob Saibot, I encounter a Server Error and am kicked back to the main menu. Of course checking the tower I see I lost all my progress, and now I have to do this tower all over again?

It's bad enough the challenge to reward ratio is screwed up, but I'm not going to fucking tolerate losing progress because of server fuckery.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
If this is the way Injustice 2 was I can't believe people didn't make as much noise then. This progression is absurd compared to literally any other MK. Even Armageddon with it's 6 or 8 currencies wasn't a slog like this game.

It was easier in Injustice 2 because of post fight rewards plus alot of Injustice 2 players glitched a ton of free loot I know I did which is why MK11 is online only because people stole loot they were giving away for free and not selling.

Holy Diver

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Do the towers of time get harder over time or am I the one that gets shittier the longer I play? I did a tower without losing a match, then did a few other things. Later I tried the same tower again but struggled a lot and lost way more matches than I'm willing to admit. I didn't even activate brutal difficulty so I'm confused.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
There's a post on Reddit that says that if you run out of souls using the blindfold in the Krypt, it will entirely break your progression because it screws with server communication. You won't even be able to complete towers. Just a warning for those skirting the line of Soul Fragments.

It's bullshit that thing even consumes souls in the first place.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's a post on Reddit that says that if you run out of souls using the blindfold in the Krypt, it will entirely break your progression because it screws with server communication. You won't even be able to complete towers. Just a warning for those skirting the line of Soul Fragments.

It's bullshit that thing even consumes souls in the first place.
I had zero clue it consumed souls wtf

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Do the towers of time get harder over time or am I the one that gets shittier the longer I play? I did a tower without losing a match, then did a few other things. Later I tried the same tower again but struggled a lot and lost way more matches than I'm willing to admit. I didn't even activate brutal difficulty so I'm confused.

The tower difficulty is so wildly out of wack. You could do a few and destroy them and then come across a couple of them that are damn near impossible

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Someone mentioned getting key items in the krypt they can't use those are used for Kollector trades in the krypt. The chests that can contain brutalities and character items can also contain a character specific item that can be traded to the Kollector for unique appearances.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
Tier lists on week one, bad idea.
^^^ I'm a trash-tier noob and even I know better.

This probably isn't a thing, but is there any way to change the character select portraits? I finally have some non-undead skins for Lao, Kitana, Jade, etc, and it sure would be cool if they would show up on the character select grid.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
How do you get the summoned tower keys?

I mention in the video, that key I got from the 250k coin chest in the Krypt (which always spawns in the same spot near the very beginning). I used a lockpick to avoid paying the Koin cost, though it takes a ton of souls to get the chest to appear in the first place (3,000 I think).

I'm not sure where others come from. Probably rare rewards from the other loot modes like Krypt, Towers of Time or AI Battle.

By the way, that AI Battle mode is pretty fast and a good way to get augments for Towers of Time stuff. You can set the battles to 4x fast forward. I can never get the daily done on PC because I can't get 5 people to attack my AI team any given day.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
you know what's getting old? Tower of time opponents with character summons that are 2/3 the way refilled from their cooldown before the summon is even over