• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Okay, I've done Story on normal, done a ton of towers both AI and manually, and thoroughly played Scorpion, Noob, and Jacqui. Did all tutorials.

How do I get better? I don't feel like I'm getting any better fighting people in basic online.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Nope nope and nope.

It seems all the ninja unmask options are basically their "highest tier" gear and that's currently from ToT
It's says on the screen that you get them from the Krypt. Only Frost's seems to be from ToT. That really sucks though that you didn't get any of them even after doing everything. I hope it isn't some mistake and you do need to get them from ToT.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
So, what should I be doing now after the story? I watched a guide on the Krypt and did all that up until the point where you need a staff near Goro's Lair. I know I need 250 red crystals or whatever they're called to open the chest with lots of Sub Zero stuff in it, so I've been trying to do that, but still need like 35 fatalities :/

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Tried Raiden for the first time. Why does he not do his classic yell when he flies towards the opponent? Lame.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mine worked fine on the mobile game, I'm getting 40 souls coins daily! However, my console rewards are not showing up, specially Kronika's Voice! I looked under Player's Kard... nothing!

I wrote a long email to WB support, they are aware that a lot of players are complaining about this issue.
Ah thanks, maybe they'll have a fix soon.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You need to insert the head of all characters to open it? o.o

Just one to open the first door AFAIK. (there's 2 doors past the main door) Because Krypt is broken on PC (missing crucial item needed to progress) I ended up wall hacking my way into the door and cheated fuck out the Krypt because it dicked me by being impossible to finish.

Anyway here's a pretty picture.
40750973763_5e76e6d1b7_o.png

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Just one to open the first door AFAIK. (there's 2 doors past the main door) Because Krypt is broken on PC (missing crucial item needed to progress) I ended up wall hacking my way into the door and cheated fuck out the Krypt because it dicked me by being impossible to finish.

Anyway here's a pretty picture.
40750973763_5e76e6d1b7_o.png
Please keep them coming.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
If you want your AI to beat the shitty fart tower, give your AI all the projectile type konsumables. Worked much better at messing up the enemy AI.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Nah some of them are legit awful. especially the strategy ones. They don't adequately convey the timing needed at all. Now to mention some of them are straight up buggy and the demos don't even perform the combo right.
Some of the timing is tricky, but it's nothing as bad as Street Fighter's one frame linkers.

A few replay bugs doesn't mean that the whole tutorial is awful either. They went above and beyond what is typically offered for a fighting game tutorial.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
For those asking about tier lists..this seems to be how things look now. For the most part I agree with it.

S Tier
  • Erron Black
  • Raiden
  • Scorpion
A Tier
  • Geras
  • Kabal
  • The Kollector
  • Noob Saibot
  • Shao Kahn
B Tier
  • Cetrion
  • Frost
  • Jax
  • Johnny Cage
  • Kano
  • Kung Lao
  • Sub-Zero
C Tier
  • D'Vorah
  • Jacqui Briggs
  • Jade
  • Kotal Kahn
  • Liu Kang
  • Sonya Blade
D Tier
  • Baraka
  • Skarlet
E Tier
  • Cassie Cage
  • Kitana

I'm not saying I disagree with all of that cus it's generally right but I'd be interested to see were you got that list from.

Cus theres some odd standout choices there that don't really seem to match the general online sentiment. For starters Scorpion is definitely not S-tier and Skarlet should be at least an A.

Edit: Either way, until any sort of proper tournament it's too early to say for definite what the specific tiers are. There are people swearing by Jacqui as a Rushdown even though that's not what she's designed for.

Oct 26, 2017
Have any of you folks encountered the "Soul Thurible Tower Key" yet in Towers of Time? It's a summonable tower where the Tower is one endurance fight against five Kollectors. The rewards are items for the forge, but I don't think it's offering any of the particularly rare forge items so far. One of the other tower rewards are extra keys for this same tower, and I've been grinding it for the past half hour. I must have 30 of these tower keys by now. Seems like a good way to grind out items for the forge.

If you want your AI to beat the shitty fart tower

Jeez, Bo' Rai Cho must have been binging on Taco Bell while he was in Earthrealm.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those asking about tier lists..this seems to be how things look now. For the most part I agree with it.

S Tier
  • Erron Black
  • Raiden
  • Scorpion
A Tier
  • Geras
  • Kabal
  • The Kollector
  • Noob Saibot
  • Shao Kahn
B Tier
  • Cetrion
  • Frost
  • Jax
  • Johnny Cage
  • Kano
  • Kung Lao
  • Sub-Zero
C Tier
  • D'Vorah
  • Jacqui Briggs
  • Jade
  • Kotal Kahn
  • Liu Kang
  • Sonya Blade
D Tier
  • Baraka
  • Skarlet
E Tier
  • Cassie Cage
  • Kitana

Is that a tier list based on character's costumes, or something like that ? Because i'm 100% sure that it's not based on anything gameplay related.

Sonya Blade C Tier ? Scorpion S ? RAIDEN S ? Baraka D ?

Gotta love dem week one tier lists lmao

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Baraka is that low? Surely I thought his simple and straight to the point playstyle would be effective enough for at least a C or B lol.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't know, during final blow tutorials you can tap the View Demo button right at the start of the FB animation if you want to cancel it and try the sequence again without watching the entire thing.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I'm done with campaign I guess it's time to start browsing YouTube for krypt puzzles. Really can't be assed to figure this out by myself. I just want skins sheesh

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
That list is absurdly wrong lmao.

Every single pro player agree that Sonya is beyond busted (with the ones maining her downplaying it, cough cough Scar). Reo, one of the most level headed guys of the community and a person that keeps saying how everyone is good, tested her today and just couldn't believe how broken she is.

Last edited:

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Sonya pretty much plays as a mkx character with the levels of mix she has. She's infuriating.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully NRS allow things to mature a little so everyone understands what's going on before going ham with nerfs and buffs. A patch a month before EVO with the feedback from all tournaments happening before it would be ideal.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
The only thing that confuses me about Goro's Lair is how his corpse has four arms. Didn't Kotal cut his arms off on the MKX comics and that's how Sheva became the queen?

Switch patch is out. Finally I can do some character tutorials to get good.
Nice. I hope it fixes some of the crashing issues. I've had the game crash at the start of the Kronika fight in Klassic Tower (before the cinematic even played) and once or twice randomly in the Krypt.

I'd also love to see some performance improvements, you know, since they're no longer crunching to get it out day-and-date with the XB1/PS4/PC version... I tried some of the Towers of Time for the first time earlier today and the random hitches and slowdown was maddening during the Cage Family endurance battle.

I haven't been following the thread closely, but I thought I saw something about a "we're sorry for being dicks" koins/kurrency bonus being given out by NRS. Has that happened yet?

Last edited:

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul

S Tier
  • Erron Black
  • Raiden
  • Scorpion
A Tier
  • Geras
  • Kabal
  • The Kollector
  • Noob Saibot
  • Shao Kahn
B Tier
  • Cetrion
  • Frost
  • Jax
  • Johnny Cage
  • Kano
  • Kung Lao
  • Sub-Zero
C Tier
  • D'Vorah
  • Jacqui Briggs
  • Jade
  • Kotal Kahn
  • Liu Kang
  • Sonya Blade
D Tier
  • Baraka
  • Skarlet
E Tier
  • Cassie Cage
  • Kitana
Definitely can't be a tournament variation tier list

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just gave Raiden a go, he's got some crazy combos lol.

Found some jammy ones while testing his preset, I know I missed a jump in after the Storm Cell but I suck so whatever.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Have any of you folks encountered the "Soul Thurible Tower Key" yet in Towers of Time? It's a summonable tower where the Tower is one endurance fight against five Kollectors. The rewards are items for the forge, but I don't think it's offering any of the particularly rare forge items so far. One of the other tower rewards are extra keys for this same tower, and I've been grinding it for the past half hour. I must have 30 of these tower keys by now. Seems like a good way to grind out items for the forge.

I made a quick video about this tower too, because whenever it isn't offering keys for itself it is offering either 50k or 75k Koins and it only takes like 3-4 minutes to clear per run.

Has anyone gotten a different Summoned Tower key and can speak to whether they work this way as well?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fighting AI Sonya is futile. This is not an accurate representation of Ronda Rousey. She should be on the floor by now.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
The only thing that confuses me about Goro's Lair is how his corpse has four arms. Didn't Kotal cut his arms off on the MKX comics and that's how Sheva became the queen?

I believe they aren't cannon. Netherrealm didn't work with the comic writers as much as they did the Injush
tice comics and so there's a lot in the MKX comicse that just doesn't line up into MKX.

For example, in MKX neither Cassie or Jaqui have met Erron Black, Kano, Kotal and all the Ourworlders before despite meeting them in the comics.

Though strangely enough all the stuff with Scorpion seems to be cannon.

Edit: we did get this little gem though:
dain5j9-bfc217d4-848f-46b8-9fa6-d63c680be16d.jpg

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's bought the majority of the MK games that have come out in the past 20 years, I have to wonder what if the fuck they were thinking with this Iteration when it comes to gear/unlockables.

How did we go from paying $20 to unlock the entire Krypt/costumes/brutalities/etc to $5 for a fucking skin colour scheme and having to dealing with useless loot/rng.

They really screwed the pooch with this one.

This is my first serious look at MK since 2 (save for a short run on vita) and it's baffling to me as to how this krypt unlocking system is acceptable, or even considered fun.

I just want a few skins for my mains, see a complete moves list, and have all the characters available.

Game is a perfect 10 from me if not for this.