• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I can't look at Cetrion and not see her as a rejected DC Universe character. She just doesn't feel like she belongs in Mortal Kombat, or at least originates from it.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone here have success reaching and going past stage 50 in the Endless Tower? 30 Rushdown/kombo Noob, Baraka and Sonya can't do it, so I guess augments are a must here?

I wanted to have reliable way to farm overnight but it seems I'll have to have luck farming augments.

Oct 27, 2017
AI battle question.....i havent done much of it yet but for all 3 of my chars, their attributes are at 15 and theres no way i can see to change them.

1. Am i missing something?

2. How do i raise those numbers?

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I can't look at Cetrion and not see her as a rejected DC Universe character. She just doesn't feel like she belongs in Mortal Kombat, or at least originates from it.

I think in the context of her character, being an elder god, she fits. Shinnok looks like a huge weirdo as well. Adding to the fact she's like a mother earth lookin element user I dig it. I really didn't at first though.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Did anyone here have success reaching and going past stage 50 in the Endless Tower? 30 Rushdown/kombo Noob, Baraka and Sonya can't do it, so I guess augments are a must here?

I wanted to have reliable way to farm overnight but it seems I'll have to have luck farming augments.

How do you farm overnight? One you beat the tower, if X button turbo is on, it re-selects the tower , but the cursor goes straight to scorpion and you still have to press square to toggle the AI on.

Am I missing something?

Edit:
Forget t, you said endless tower. My bad, lol.

Last edited:

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
So what are the different currencies for? The only ones I found to use are the Koins in the Crypt. What are the time thingies, soul thingies and hearts being used for?

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
How do you farm overnight? One you beat the tower, if X button turbo is on, it re-selects the tower , but the cursor goes straight to scorpion and you still have to press square to toggle the AI on.

Am I missing something?
I don't because I can't even reach level 50. It is possible to have a character that never loses and the endless tower goes forever, how to do that is what I want to figure out.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to reposition the in fight moves list? Their default position is possibly the worst place on the screen.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Can somebody post a detailed list of what makes mk11 so much worse than mkx. I have a friend who is all worked up about this saying people complaining have never played the series if they think this is bad.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Can somebody post a detailed list of what makes mk11 so much worse than mkx. I have a friend who is all worked up about this saying people complaining have never played the series if they think this is bad.
It isn't in any sense unless you just love the 50/50s guess fest that MKX was, that game was a joke competitively.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Weapon for Kotal, a few skins for different fighters and a hat for Kung Lao is what I got so far from it. I have so many trade items I still haven't used.

Getting the specific item you have to trade is the most annoying part I entered and exited the krypt so many times I crashed my game twice. They really should have added flavor text that at least hinted what the item could be turned into as well I wasted 20 minutes trying to turn in some Red Dragon Armor that turned into a stupid consumable.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Right now, the ToT vary between some extremely fun ones with reasonable modifiers and some that are still total BS, like the Liu Kang one right now with the poison gas modifier.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So sub variant 2 for ranked is the one worth using right ? Variant one seems shallow in options.

I like you can make an overhead safe with sub by doing down back 2. Those shards protect you. Once you get your confirmation down you can overhead into slide.

Subs walk speed is super good here in 11.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Does the fatalities ticker count if your AI does it? Gonna have to do the brutalities on my own I guess.

It should I only killed Kabal 37 times and I don't play towers because I hate them with a passion so my AI does them all and it counted I was keeping track on fatalities by using my 50 free easy fatality tokens I'd gotten by raiding the krypt and when I was done I had 17 left math might be off I've been up since 5pm.

Kyored

Oct 27, 2017
''If you get easily distracted, you'll miss out on life's true treasures.'' -SumDumGuy

giphy.gif

MRQF-TMN7-BT4D

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind a number of the Tower modifiers but the ones that punish you for being close to the opponent are the worst.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Christ I cannot beat this Revival of the Guard tower. The people I'm playing with keep disconnecting the second they get hit by a big combo

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

-Krypt is a massive grind. the issue isnt the mtx is much as the massive amount of time it takes to get the shit. Which some dont mind as much as others. But its not as random as some think. The good chests are all static.
-Towers are pretty unbalanced atm
-Politics surrounding the female characters

The game itself is damn good. Its getting bombed because of those things.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Doing the Touch of Blood tower with Skarlet. You think she would be immune to these blood modifiers lol.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Mine worked fine on the mobile game, I'm getting 40 souls coins daily! However, my console rewards are not showing up, specially Kronika's Voice! I looked under Player's Kard... nothing!

I wrote a long email to WB support, they are aware that a lot of players are complaining about this issue.
Are there supposed to be rewards on a console version every day after linking accounts? I too have only received the rewards daily on the mobile version but not on a console when I boot the game up.

Last edited:

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Im talking about the micro transactions.
Well this is the 2nd NRS game in a row that is loaded with so much RNG and grind in single player that it feels designed to make you spend real money, except there is no way to spend real money in a way that circumvents the RNG and grind.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes, it feels like they keep stopping short of full blown micro-transactions, which I guess is a good thing, but the game design is suffering for it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The 75 fatalities and 75 brutalities req ughhhhhhh

The next step is 150 krushing blows, 100 brutalities, 50 flawless victories ! Enjoy

Of course non retroactive.

Is this worth picking up if I have probably no interest in playing online? Or should I just wait for a sale

Honestly come back in a few days.

The answer is "absolutely not" in this current state but if they were to fix the current issues, absolutely. It has a strong story mode, lots of stuff to unlock and modes to play.

But at the moment it's completely broken, lots of awful grindy stuff, super difficult etc... A big patch is supposed to come out early next week.

Spent my time krystals on the Noob and Johnny skins.

omg I WANT THE JOHNNY ONE ............

But what if his sunglasses intro pops in ? That would save me literally 60 hours of grinding towers.............

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So.... does anyone else have seemingly useless key items in the Krypt like
Stryker's Hat
? I can't work out for the life of me what it would be used for if anything.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Well this is the 2nd NRS game in a row that is loaded with so much RNG and grind in single player that it feels designed to make you spend real money, except there is no way to spend real money in a way that circumvents the RNG and grind.

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes, it feels like they keep stopping short of full blown micro-transactions, which I guess is a good thing, but the game design is suffering for it.

There are full-blown microtransactions. They don't get a pass because the rotate a limited selection. It's arguably more manipulative and they do it for a reason. The time limitation creates a fear of possibly not seeing it again for a long time, the the temptation is there to "waste" your in-game currency asap even if it's not your first choice. On top of that the pricing is ridiculous. So when your item of interest does come around, you probably don't have enough and are tempted to spend more again. It's very much a "nickel and diming" over time scenario, but costing much more than that. I find it more manipulative than Injustice where at least everything is there and you can pick what you want without fear of it going away.

One just has to step back and and ask why they designed the shop this way and why did they price it the way they did. They're not going to put in a real money currency and not plan and analyze the psychology behind it. This isn't done without thought. They hire people who analyzie the monetization and engagement.

Last edited: