• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
This Jade tower is BS. If the AI is going to be super hard to say it's f'ing hard. Don't tell me it's a medium AI. I fight against the medium AI and this ain't fucking it!

ONE combo was over 60% of my health. Seriously NRS can shove these towers difficulty.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Can not overstate enough how MAGICAL the netcode is.

Played a friend in the US from EU and we forgot we were even playing online given how well it ran.

After a year of DBFZ's garbage this is just mind blowing.

This Jade tower is BS. If the AI is going to be super hard to say it's f'ing hard. Don't tell me it's a medium AI. I fight against the medium AI and this ain't fucking it!

My problem is that the host decides the controls layout for the second player.... So I can't really play coop with anybody because I don't use the default controller layout.

Either I get fucked or they do.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Is there a way to see how many chests I've opened in the Krypt so far?

You can check it at Kombat Kard > Kareer Stats > Offline History.

Does anyone know what the thing in Dead Woods that costs 10k souls is by chance?

It gives you the last item you need to forge Shinnok's Amulet. The other 2 you obtain after killing the blindfold monster and the spiders (this one they added today with the PC patch).

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Can not overstate enough how MAGICAL the netcode is.

Played a friend in the US from EU and we forgot we were even playing online given how well it ran.

After a year of DBFZ's garbage this is just mind blowing.

My problem is that the host decides the controls layout for the second player.... So I can't really play coop with anybody because I don't use the default controller layout.

Either I get fucked or they do.

I've tried a dozen times, and the last time was just the icing on the sodding cake. I tried to lure her into a combo, got part of the way in and she broke it. I perfect blocked her overhead staff (which I never do) punish a little then boom she breaks and unleashed 60% of my health in one damned kombo. That is NOT medium AI. Nothing about that is medium.

vertThunder

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having trouble getting the daily AI battle rewards, I've only had four defense battles since the game came out? Do I need to set my defender team every day, cause I've only set it twice?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having trouble getting the daily AI battle rewards, I've only had four defense battles since the game came out? Do I need to set my defender team every day, cause I've only set it twice?
I don't believe so, it's just there are so many teams that you don;t get chosen often. I'm also pretty sure most people actively avoid fighting teams that have Noob and/or Baraka on them now.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Inside the door that you open with the dragon medallion, there's a place where you need to insert Kronica, Shinnok and Cetrion amulets to open a new path.
Kronica's amulet you receive when you start the Krypt, Shinnok's amulet you need to forge and I have no idea where to get Cetrion's amulet right now.
IIRC Cetrion's amulet is from a random chest.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I think what annoys me the most is the complete and utter lack of respect for my time as a player. If a fight is going to be hard, label it as such. Let me know what I'm getting myself in for instead of going "oh ok this is a medium tower, I can do this".

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Despite NRS' best attempt on shitting on local players with the P1 P2 separate cosmetic/variation bullshit I'm having a blast playing this. My brother had to make a whole separate account just to be able to change cosmetics...it's just ridiculous. To top it off they don't even have the sense to allow custom variations in ranked. Let's not pretend this is some super serious competitive arena where everyone is honing their skills to take down their local tournament. Let people have some fucking fun, Jesus! There's already a tournament mode for that crowd, why why why why why?

But still, it's crazy fun. Kung Lao is finally clicking after a couple of days.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Huh! Forgot was even possible: just played on Switch, tabletop mode (each player with a joycon) and it played quite well "SNES style".

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Sonya's so good to play. Damn shame about her voice actress' talent and beliefs. I just can't bring myself to main her anymore.

Jan 4, 2018
Jesus, even with a cheesy AI fighter set this Kung Lao boss Tower seems impossible. No way I'm finishing it in the next half hour.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
On a conceptual level, this AI stuff bothers me and I'm surprised that there hasn't been more of a backlash to it.

"Oh, we made some things so grindy, impossible to get, or impossible to even try to play, that you can just have the game do it for you. We totally solved the problem."

To top it off they don't even have the sense to allow custom variations in ranked. Let's not pretend this is some super serious competitive arena where everyone is honing their skills to take down their local tournament. Let people have some fucking fun, Jesus!
They do let people have fun. It's called kasual mode. lol

It's still a questionable decision, but ranked is supposed to be serious. That's the reason why it exists.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
On a conceptual level, this AI stuff bothers me and I'm surprised that there hasn't been more of a backlash to it.

"Oh, we made some things so grindy, impossible to get, or impossible to even try to play, that you can just have the game do it for you. We totally solved the problem.".
Guess is because Injustice 2 had it and overall people liked it because it kinda is like a mobile game were you send fighters, fight for you and grab rewards.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

"Oh, we made some things so grindy, impossible to get, or impossible to even try to play, that you can just have the game do it for you. We totally solved the problem."
Mainly because once the tower are fixed it won;t be a big deal and there are some people that really enjoy customizing AI and sending them out to fight. I'd consider it a negative if MK12 had an equivalent to the towers and didn't have AI fighters.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
So Shao Kahn's hitboxes are essentially bugged. Until NRS fixes him, he's bottom tier, maybe even the worst character.

Shao's standing 1 whiffs on everybody's crouch block and on smaller hitboxes, standing 2 and 3 will whiff too. All these are highs and shouldn't be like this afaik. That basically makes it impossible to pressure anyone who knows what they're doing.

S1: Whiffs on entire kast crouch blocking. Maybe intentional? But....
S2: Whiffs on all female crouch blocking and Noob Saibot.
S4: Whiffs entirely on Noob Saibot crouch blocking and on all females at max S4 range. Up close it hits all females.
F2: Whiffs on all females and Noob crouch blocking. Whiffs on every character at max F2 range.

S2 whiffs on more characters crouch blocking: Erron Black, Kollector, Johnny Cage and the list goes on.

This is a huge problem for the character given how the game wants you to pressure people and I have no idea how it wasn't noticed by NRS.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... I've completed challenges or something and I have no idea where to see what challenges there are? Where do you even see that at?

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Best netcode for ages. Mk10 was also really good for me and as an Aussie I know I'm vsing people outside the country.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
If you haven't done it yet, the rewards for the Family Outing Tower of Time include 3 skins for the Cage family, including a shirtless Johnny Cage with his Mortal Kombat II look. Very cool.

The tower is listed as "Very Hard", but my Scorpion AI w/Searing Rage preset + 30 Kombo/30 Reversal and a health consumable beat it on the very first try.

The Tower's up for 10 more hours (at least on PS4).

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get people who decline matches with good connections. :\

I literally have a 50% win ratio and people are dodging me left and right.

This is really bad I wish records weren't shown :/ .

It's good, it's just the way MK plays I guess. I want my combos and moves to come out the same way they do offline.

They do.

Where do you live ?

If you haven't done it yet, the rewards for the Family Outing Tower of Time include 3 skins for the Cage family, including a shirtless Johnny Cage with his Mortal Kombat II look. Very cool.

The tower is listed as "Very Hard", but my Scorpion AI w/Searing Rage preset + 30 Kombo/30 Reversal and a health consumable beat it on the very first try.

The Tower's up for 10 more hours (at least on PS4).

Thanks for the heads up, gotta get it.

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
has arrived!

20190427_003135.jpg

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I literally have a 50% win ratio and people are dodging me left and right.

This is really bad I wish records weren't shown :/ .

They do.

Where do you live ?
Yeah, I'm like 50/50 split too, so I don't really get it. I wouldn't mind if they hid records.

Also in the UK. Some matches are really good, it can just really vary for me at times.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
you cannot dodge matches if connection is good in ranked.
you can only decline if there are yellow bars or shit benchmark on pc

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Getting back in the swing of things in NRS games is always tough for me. I've never liked these dial combos.

Preach. It's like anything cool demands buffering and the timing is so stringent that if you fuck up the pre-load of button presses you just stand there locked out of any action for a sec.

I both appreciate and absolutely loathe these games simultaneously.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Preach. It's like anything cool demands buffering and the timing is so stringent that if you fuck up the pre-load of button presses you just stand there locked out of any action for a sec.

I both appreciate and absolutely loathe these games simultaneously.
It feels very unintuitive and a bit limiting for me. I've also never been one to complain about button motions but the back-forward motion is also throwing me off alot.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
How do you get the ensorceled demon's heart for shinnok's amulet? I know one of them is for killing spiders, one of them is for the 10k souls tree, but the demons heart I have no idea.

Thanks!

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Any PC patch yet? I've been out since last night, avoiding internet in case of Endgame spoiler trolls.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Any PC patch yet? I've been out since last night, avoiding internet in case of Endgame spoiler trolls.
Yeah but they said the framerate data was changed and it wasn't. Several technical issues are changed/fixed and the jury's still out on if their tweaking helped the Towers of Time at all.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Also in the UK. Some matches are really good, it can just really vary for me at times.

I'm EU, we can play if you want.

You can't go against people with really bad connections you know. But the netcode itself is beyond top tier.
Really feels like offline with two connections that are at least okay.

The bad matches I've had so far were some wifi dudes, and some russian dudes. Like usually the matches are perfect or they're awful, nothing in the middle so it's easy to just stop playing the bad ones.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
What is Shinnok's amulet for ?

One piece of the elder gods puzzle, its in the room you need the mk dragon symbol key to enter. Other two pieces are kronikas amulet you get for $3k koins at the offering place and cetrions amulet that you need cetrions head for (fatality/brutality her 50 times in klassic and/or towers of time). You get the mk dragon symbol key in the magma pit room in a 20,000 koins chest.

I don't know what the puzzle unlocks but the one part of all this I still don't know is how to get the demons heart you need to create shinnoks amulet.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to do the noob saibot character tower and I can't beat this devorah. The constant bombs dropping sucks so much ass.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
One piece of the elder gods puzzle, its in the room you need the mk dragon symbol key to enter. Other two pieces are kronikas amulet you get for $3k koins at the offering place and cetrions amulet that you need cetrions head for (fatality/brutality her 50 times in klassic and/or towers of time). You get the mk dragon symbol key in the magma pit room in a 20,000 koins chest.

I don't know what the puzzle unlocks but the one part of all this I still don't know is how to get the demons heart you need to create shinnoks amulet.

How the fuck do you keep track of how many fatalities you did on characters ?

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think I will ever take this game serious in a tournament setting. The non-tournament loadouts are just so much more fun than the tournament ones.