• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
The tutorial in this game is super helpful in a lot of ways, but as a guy that doesn't really understand how fighting games work and barely got through MK9 story on beginner, it does nothing to explain how to time out combos. The demo with the on screen presses help, but they go by so fast. I've been stuck on the corner juggle combo one for like a half hour straight. I literally can't beat the tutorial.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think I'll just cheese all these towers with AI. Really have zero interest in them and I just wanna play pvp. But if I can get skins and money doing this while I'm chilling. I'm doing it.

Oct 27, 2017
lmao Ed Boon is the ultimate troll.....AI battle log shows that my team won fights, i go to watch the replay and im destroyed in the replays and lose.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I haven't dug fully into this game yet, I've mostly played story mode and a short training session with Jax who I think will be my main.
After this weekend I think I'll be full in looking to get Koins.

Really need a fight pad though. Xbox One controller just ain't built for this but I love the headphone jack.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So the only way to play tag team is on random towers? I loved it in mk9 and it's sad that it's not it's own mode.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Easy fatality tokens are silly. It's not like I'm inputting a GTA tank code or some shit. Most of them are four buttons total. Lol.
yeah it's odd, they've been in the game since mk9 so i guess people use and buy them.
and then the fatality training mode

I mean the fatalities in the early MK games used to be super hard to pull off, but now they are easier than some special moves and certainly easier than combos.

I just have to assume that many many casual players buy Mortal Kombat for the fatalities and have troubles pulling them off.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really think NRS should add a bonus to completing towers manually and leave current rewards for AI wins as is.

That'd be nice and maybe I'd do it then. But as it is now I have no interest in these consumable rewards. I just want the money for the krypt to get skins. Which won't happen. Cause RNG.

Skyball Paint

Nov 12, 2017
The tutorial in this game is super helpful in a lot of ways, but as a guy that doesn't really understand how fighting games work and barely got through MK9 story on beginner, it does nothing to explain how to time out combos. The demo with the on screen presses help, but they go by so fast. I've been stuck on the corner juggle combo one for like a half hour straight. I literally can't beat the tutorial.

I agree, the information is great, the tests it makes you do are sometimes INFURIATING

Forget Sekiro, the tutorial where it makes you do a combo with multiple special move cancels made me want to tear my hair out.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the default skin choices are kind of crazy to me too. Like the amount of the version of the character you see in the story vs which one they chose to be default in multiplayer. I get the default ones were always the "current" timeline ones, but still. A number of characters the past version is much more important to the story.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I know it's been asked, but... is there seriously no way to reconnect to the server without restating the game on PS4? Crazy.

Putting an AI Noob on full rushdown/kombo and watching him go ham is fun.

I'm really disappointed in the stage interactivity so far. No stage fatalities is bad enough but the regular interactions don't seem as fun and creative as before. Really hope they patch stuff in like they did with X.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Anyone playing on pad on Xbox?
I don't know how much longer I can play on the standard controller. It's just not built for this. And I certainly wouldn't go online with it.

Need pad suggestions/impressions

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. NRS loves overdoing it with the ultra slow-mo and i'm bored of it.

I think it's actually more gruesome when the heads/bodies/blood hits the floor. Wish I could see them all play out normally.
Does anyone else hate the freeze frames the end of a fatality? I think theyre lame and shouldve left it like mkx
Agreed. Seeing the blood pools get bigger and neck stumps spurting blood while giblets lay lifelessly is just more effective. It was so gross.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, for anyone using HDR, do the health bars look more of a gold color than yellow?

HDR looks pretty good, but that's the only thing that seems a little different.

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I see this game carried over that stupid practice of making you think the game is downloading but in reality almost everything is still installing. Like what is even the point of letting me boot up the game when all I can do is look at the menus? I'd rather the game just downloaded everything first before letting me start up.

Deleted member 21858

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao that Jade tower
What were they THINKING???

And "This game session has been desynchronized" all the time. Jesus fucking Christ this game.

Last edited:

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I want a Shaolin Monks like spin-off for Scorpion and Sub-Zero.
The Krypt really makes me want a game like that and there would be so many great characters for it

Scorpion/Sub Zero
Kitana//Jade
Skarlet/Mileena
Kano/Kabal
Baraka/Noob Saibot

But it would probably more Cages/Briggs and they are so boring

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Lmao that Jade tower
What were they THINKING???

It's not hard with two competent players.
Can't you buy Time Krystals with real money to speed up this so-called in-game earning?

Same difference.
You can only buy up to 5 items a day with the crystals and most of the krypt's contents aren't even available to buy. So no, you can't pay to buy the whole thing even if you wanted to.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can't you buy Time Krystals with real money to speed up this so-called in-game earning?

Same difference.
Not realistically. Because you're hamstrung by a small amount of skins every 24 hours, you can earn skins at a much faster rate playing the game. This is less about speed (although that's still a factor since it cuts out time of play), and more about cutting through some of the randomization (some, because the selection is still random) and FOMO.

Point is, if you're trying to speed up your progress through the game, buying skins is by far the least time efficient means of doing so.

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
You can only buy up to 5 items a day with the crystals and most of the krypt's contents aren't even available to buy. So no, you can't pay to buy the whole thing even if you wanted to.

Until he tells us exactly what pool of items the store offerings come from, I can't take that at face value. I think the reason they have a limited selection is to deflect exactly that sort of calculation/criticism, and to allow them to keep the prices high. These people aren't dumb when they design this stuff. they make mobile games too and know how this works.

It's really open for interpretation as to what he meant by that. Does he mean there's only a small selection of the items that will ever be put on sale or that only a small selection are available at a given time? I'm leaning toward it being the latter. Unless he actually clarifies how many potential items can rotate into the store, I believe it's potentially any of them.

Even if it's only one skin, one intro/outro per character that rotate, that's still a hell of a lot of money.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell does Jaqui's "Energy Overdrive" string work?

The move list says Forward +2 , 2 (rapidly) but I can't get it to work at all?