• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the fucking point of even labeling the difficulty on these tower fights when it's just a flat out fucking lie? Just played a "tag match" tower against Jade, cool, one match, get some skins and play with a random 2 on 1. It's on MEDIUM difficulty that should be fun and easy thing to try out!

Nope she takes like 1/10th the damage your moves normally shell out. Final Blow is a joke and took off barely any health. Just combo'd me and the other guy pretty much non-stop for two straight matches and we couldn't even get her to half health.

Oh and then Poison Missiles started coming out of a portal at the end, despite the description saying NO MODIFIERS. It's called Revival of the Guard and is up on the Time Towers now for the next 68 hours if you want to see some bullshit.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I understand towers are meant to be used with konsumables but let's look at the current system. To do towers you need them, to get them you need to do towers that give random konsumables. Which means unless you get the random konsumables from one tower that you need you can't do another tower to actually get more konsumables to do more towers. This has to be the dumbest damned design in gaming history.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
What's the fucking point of even labeling the difficulty on these tower fights when it's just a flat out fucking lie? Just played a "tag match" tower against Jade, cool, one match, get some skins and play with a random 2 on 1. It's on MEDIUM difficulty that should be fun and easy thing to try out!

Nope she takes like 1/10th the damage your moves normally shell out. Final Blow is a joke and took off barely any health. Just combo'd me and the other guy pretty much non-stop for two straight matches and we couldn't even get her to half health.

Oh and then Poison Missiles started coming out of a portal at the end, despite the description saying NO MODIFIERS. It's called Revival of the Guard and is up on the Time Towers now for the next 68 hours if you want to see some bullshit.

Yeah I played this too and it was SUM BULLSHIT

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

A lot of towers are still fairly borked but should be fixed with the patch early next week. For now it's best to stick to stuff like the character towers and the Shaolin tower. I've heard the gauntlet towers are fine too, but that's hearsay as I haven;t tried them myself yet.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, the difficulty in ToT doesn't seem to take modifiers into consideration. It's all messed up.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone gotten the mobile link to work properly? Still can't get it to link without an error.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't I equip any of the augments I have collected for the characters? I have like 6 for Scorpion, but none fits into the already unlocked slots of his gear. I don't get the system. :/

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why can't I equip any of the augments I have collected for the characters? I have like 6 for Scorpion, but none fits into the already unlocked slots of his gear. I don't get the system. :/
Not the right type of slots. You gotta reroll the gear and level it up again to hopefully get the slots you need.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Each piece of gear unlocks certain gem slots but then also the gems can only be fitted into certain pieces of gear....its a bad system.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not the right type of slots. You gotta reroll the gear and level it up again to hopefully get the slots you need.

When I reroll are the slots locked again (because you say level it up again)? That could take an eternity until I at some point have the right combination. Is there a way to see beforehand which combination I need? I really don't understand the system.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When I reroll are the slots locked again (because you say level it up again)? That could take an eternity until I at some point have the right combination.
Yep. Also don't forget after attaching an augment you need to pay koins to remove it if you happen to get a better one. The augment system is really awful.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why I thought the hidden fatalities wouldn't work. Good to know you just need to know the inputs regardless.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The Augment system is trash. Just ignore it unless you have augments that give you a big boost. Most are worthless.

LOL guy tagged me in at 75% help and I killed her myself. Useless bitch.

You on PS4? I need a good player for the Group Battle since I'm still a scrub.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I can't seem to find a partner who can get Jade to half health. I just took like 60% of her bar myself and the other player died almost right away.
I got paired up with a good partner last attempt - we had her at critical health twice before besting her. The real trouble with the fight isn't the first 80% of her health, it's the last 20%, as she stars using a modifier where you get pulled into her or pushed away from her. It can get really frustrating (for me at least). What worked for us was tagging more frequently (so that more health was being regenerated over the course of the match, instead of the person on the sidelines being at 100% health, not regenerating while the other person is fighting) and using the fatal blows when they'd actually kill her.

While I didn't find the fight particularly fun, it was miles ahead of some of the Towers Of Time, hoo-boy.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but I won't be available again until 3 hours from now. Is that okay? I have to leave quickly after that too. No MK11 this weekend :(

Oh, no problem dude. I'm not even sure if I'll make it to doing any Boss towers. No pressure. What's your PSN? Can we invite people to them directly?

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Sigh, I really hope they can lower the difficulty of group battle bosses for single player. Why even have the single player option for those fights when it's impossible?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
You know, it's kinda hilarious how the story opens with Cruel Raiden as this big deal, only for him to be thrown out from the story
after the first chapter.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
I just want to say how much I love the base game. It is so pleasant to play. I loved MXK but that was just a fucking meat grinder at times. Run cancels, rush down 50/50s, vortexes, etc. It was rage inducing! MK11 is like a holiday. When I lose I don't feel angry. I feel like I lost to a better, smarter player and it makes me want to get better.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To see what your Defense team have been up to whilst you were offline, do you just go to the 'records' tab in A.I. battle? I'm right in saying your rewards done just pop up when you log in or anything, right?

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Get all the way to the end of a tower only to find out it has the hailstorm modifier, I have NO way to stop that. And if you don't have the consumable you can't beat it. It's constantly going and 2 hits and you are froze. GD IT this shit is annoying.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'm enjoying playing as Frost a lot, but man that shield of her is the most trash shield that ever trash shielded.

Get all the way to the end of a tower only to find out it has the hailstorm modifier, I have NO way to stop that. And if you don't have the consumable you can't beat it. It's constantly going and 2 hits and you are froze. GD IT this shit is annoying.

I was doing a tower set earlier and just found one that was all vampire missiles. It literally made me not want to look at the game anymore.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from Shao Kahn. I love how beefy he feels. Kotal was my main in MKX, and they both play pretty similar in this game.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
I have some Augments for Kitana, but for some reason I cant equip them in her gear! I have at least one slot unlock for currently equipped gear, am I doing something wrong?

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I have some Augments for Kitana, but for some reason I cant equip them in her gear! I have at least one slot unlock for currently equipped gear, am I doing something wrong?
Haven't augmented anything yet myself, but afaik there are different kinds of slots and you can't insert every augment in every slot.