• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
And when he used it he found out it was censored.

I'd be cool with censorship if it was bleeps, since as we all know, well timed blank tones can make cussing WAY funnier then just the swears alone!

...at the same time though, this still goes back to the crazy, evangelical dichotomy that exists between violence in video games, and literally anything else that could be offensive, but are much more deserving to be represented then violence.

Like, keep the goofball gore in Kombat, that's fine! But Shhh... don't let the publisher know Johnny C-4 droped the F-bomb! That'll make them look bad! Kids play these mature/adult rated games!

I don't wanna start a conversation about censorship, it's just seems like a weird change, bereft of context.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Koward
42.jpg

Flush with Kash

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
That shit is funny as hell to me and I dunno why

brutal gratuitous violence - we good chief
swears - woaaaaaah

They went from shithouse port (MKX) to months late port (IJ2) to days late patches so meh

That's fine, but we're still talking a brand new release where they fell behind "parity" almost immediately. It's still a big deal to plenty and a bad look for QLOC/NRS/WB.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
The Cassie/Jacqui and Friends Tower is total bullshit, how did NRS think an unblockable offscreen airstrike with offscreen stuns and a ally assist would be ok?

it is easy...take 2 rockets(vampire and electric) and the 100% health over 20 seconds consumables...spam rockets everytime they are ready, when you only have a third health left heal and you are good.

people really have to remember that there are fights designed around the consumables...

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
I don't think he's top tier or anything but I'm finding surprising success with Baraka (Maurader). Pretty simple move set--Stab, slice and dice, flag, and spark, but very easy 30-40% combos (e.g., 1,1,2 or B3, 1 into MB stab, F4, stab again). Fun slice and dice mental games. MB projectile very good. B2 and F4 good at closing distance. I don't think I'll stick with him for long but his simplicity is kind of fun.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
it is easy...take 2 rockets(vampire and electric) and the 100% health over 20 seconds consumables...spam rockets everytime they are ready, when you only have a third health left heal and you are good.

people really have to remember that there are fights designed around the consumables...

I have some consumables, not the 100% but the 50%. That with Rockets but it still feels ridiculously random and cheap with the frequency of items being used.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I'd be cool with censorship if it was bleeps, since as we all know, well timed blank tones can make cussing WAY funnier then just the swears alone!

...at the same time though, this still goes back to the crazy, evangelical dichotomy that exists between violence in video games, and literally anything else that could be offensive, but are much more deserving to be represented then violence.

Like, keep the goofball gore in Kombat, that's fine! But Shhh... don't let the publisher know Johnny C-4 droped the F-bomb! That'll make them look bad! Kids play these mature/adult rated games!

I don't wanna start a conversation about censorship, it's just seems like a weird change, bereft of context.
The censored announcer cursing in NFL Blitz was some of the funniest dialogue in a video game. I guess it kinda makes sense in that context.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It really seems like the Tag coop Boss mode (Jade currently) forces the controls layout of the host onto the player that joins.

That's a huge problem for obvious reasons, not sure if that can be fixed or it's just because of how the tag works but it's making things rougher than it should be. (Since you can't even check what the host layout is)

Can anyone confirm ?

Also I just got that Johnny censored taunt and my heart is broken. =(

Fuck it, I bought it on PC, I feel like a complete idiot as I said I'd never support them again after MKX but I have such a love and nostalgia for the series so I caved. Bloody 60GB though, how the hell is a fighting game 60GB? It's going to take 5 hours to download. I just checked and I played MKX for 82 hours, even in the awful state it was, so I should get my monies worth out of MK11.

To answer your question, Netcode is magical. Runs incredibly well. It's 35 gb on console not sure why so heavy on PC.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but the enemy doesn't get damage, the healing is SO fast, I mean... well, aside from that, has anything changed so far? Will this me adressed in next week's patch?

Yeah, the healing is crazy fast while its a slow drain outside. Personally, I just tried to hold the area so I could keep the health regen.

Oct 26, 2017
My daily quest since yesterday is to win a ranked match. I just won my second ranked set (doing the scorpion brutality where he rips his opponent's spine out in all three games, lollll) and it still hasn't counted it. What gives?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
By the way LiK changing the announcer to Shao Kahn stopped the stuttering. Weird.

SHIT, I need to complete the tutorials stat, lol.

I'll test it out with Kronika voice tonight.

My daily quest since yesterday is to win a ranked match. I just won my second ranked set (doing the scorpion brutality where he rips his opponent's spine out in all three games, lollll) and it still hasn't counted it. What gives?

Daily seems broken. I've gotten the Complete Matches against Skarlet and Complete Matches against Baraka and nothing.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Guess I'll do some classic towers since towers of time is botched. Got stuck on the Shao Kahn fight with the darkness modifier. It was annoying to say the least.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
To answer your question, Netcode is magical. Runs incredibly well. It's 35 gb on console not sure why so heavy on PC.

That's great to hear. Still 4 hours on the download! I plan to bosh out the story mode first, then take a look at the Tower (is it fixed on PC?) and then the Krypt. I usually main Sub Zero but we'll see, there's some interesting characters this time around.

Oct 27, 2017
So those Towers of Time are the main thing you're supposed to do as single player and they're always online. How does it work on Switch if I'm on the go?

Does it has to have permanent connection or is it enough if you start the game with an online connection, suspend the game and take it anywhere?

Oct 26, 2017
I'm having way too much fun playing the Towers of Time. I told myself that I would start Story Mode yesterday, but I never did. Mayyyybe I'll do it today.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I like the uncensored cuz the delivery was just so funny. I'm assuming PC can get a mod to add it back in.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
So those Towers of Time are the main thing you're supposed to do as single player and they're always online. How does it work on Switch if I'm on the go?

Does it has to have permanent connection or is it enough if you start the game with an online connection, suspend the game and take it anywhere?
Yeah, you have to be connected at all times, can't play them without an internet connection.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yay, snabbed another Skarlet skin from the tower that just expired on my lunch break. I had to use a consumable to stop the rockets in the final fight because it'd be impossible otherwise. They healed the opponent faster than you could damage them. That makes 9 skins already.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That's great to hear. Still 4 hours on the download! I plan to bosh out the story mode first, then take a look at the Tower (is it fixed on PC?) and then the Krypt. I usually main Sub Zero but we'll see, there's some interesting characters this time around.

UniqueDelightfulApatosaur-size_restricted.gif

Run for your life you fool.

Nothing's fixed even on consoles. Character towers are easy but have dreadful requirements that nobody has the time for, and the other towers are random and some are okay but most are just terrible.

At least they made it so that we do damage now, I remember when the fatal blows did like no damage at launch lmao.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
So i switched to the 1st variation of Geras and I've having a lot more success, normal big fist is absolutely necessary for his terrible mid game and is safe on block.

His knee cancel is worthless till i see somebody use it well.

However since you lose safe sand trap from variation 2 you become easy food for literally anybody with a projectile.

So you gotta chose between a better neutral game or a better anti zoning, custom variations for ranked cant come soon enough

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'd really love to play as Cetrion because I love everything about her design and voice.

But that gameplay, oh man. I'm just not cut out for zoning in NRS games, doubly so when the zoning legitimately requires skill to use semi properly.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I made a pretty Cetrion with the skins and accessories I picked up. I should share it when I get home.