• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these Advanced Strategies are annoying me. I'm pressing the exact buttons in the same timing as demo and it's not doing it.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Kollector has a shop some of the rarest Krypt items are in it I got The Dark Raiden skin today and that's where burned Kabal is too. Kollector is in his shop from 4-6 krypt time and if you exit and renter it resets.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Is there not a single god damn person at Netherrealm with an arcade stick? How the fuck is there not a way to bind consumbles in the Tower of Time?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is there not a single god damn person at Netherrealm with an arcade stick? How the fuck is there not a way to bind consumbles in the Tower of Time?
I always assumed sticks had, like, keyboard controls for their buttons... like you could assign a key via software like you can a mouse. Is this not how it works, does it need specific stick support?

I get the sticks themselves would, but the buttons I always assumed which I guess I'm wrong about.

Just curious.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I play with a claw grip on a hori fighting commander. Habit I picked up during the Saturn era.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
My feeling is just that there is too much glut in this game. From the beginning you're facing a menu and you have 4 resources there. I still don't know what time krystals do. I gather you can make your dudes better in the towers by giving augments to their gear. You just have to play the towers a lot to get those augment gems, then hope that the cool knife you unlocked has the right slots, even after shuffling. Then you have to consider that each augment, like the flame shaped one or the blood drop, is actually fixed to a gear type. And you have to level up your gear until it can take two slots (there is a 3rd "Koming Soon" slot)

None of this is explained to you. As it happens I have given my Kano a 9% damage buff to his ball moves and another that makes opponents take 6 damage every time they hit me.

This right here. I played the game for 4 days now. Finished story mode, did some tutorial towers, visited the Krypt twice....i still don't know what the hell is going on half the time i'm in menu after menu, especially regarding augment, gears and character customization. There are a ton of currencies, items of varying kind, gear,that somehow levels up itself (do i level up, too or not? I have no idea), attack slots (that are tied to...what?)....it's a bit of a clusterfuck for me.

I2 was way clearer in that regard.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What ones are you struggling with? Some of them, like perfect block into counter, have incredibly strict timing.
I don't have a hope of pulling some of those off in-game... for the perfect block tutorial I felt 100% on most of the time and it didn't land. I ended up just auto spamming it until it landed by luck. I don't think I have the reactions needed for such tight frames

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Would someone mind elaborating on why it's best to turn off negative edge when playing on pad? I wouldn't say I breezed through the toughest tutorials, but I didn't get stuck for horrifically long - not like the tower fights. But I did every tutorial in one session, and never had an issue with inputs. Any problems I had were fixed by better mimicking the timing of the demo presses. By contrast, there were tutorial strings on Injustice 2 (and I think MKX) that I never successfully pulled off.

I get that the default NE: on setting means the input registers on button-release rather than button-press, but how does that translate to requiring less precision in the real world and/or making it more difficult to input combo strings?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I don't have a hope of pulling some of those off in-game... for the perfect block tutorial I felt 100% on most of the time and it didn't land. I ended up just auto spamming it until it landed by luck. I don't think I have the reactions needed for such tight frames

I had to rebind the block button away from the trigger to one of the face button to be able to properly flawless block the second hit of that combo skarlet does. The triggers have a slight delay that will fuck your timing up. Flawless block is actually way harder using the triggers than it is with the face buttons because of it. I got it in 2 more tries right after rebinding it.

Nov 18, 2017
So.... if they're going to remove it, is it a good idea to get some Noob Saibot AI cheesing in asap?
Anything in particular to go for if you haven't yet unlocked any towers or....anything?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Would someone mind elaborating on why it's best to turn off negative edge when playing on pad? I wouldn't say I breezed through the toughest tutorials, but I didn't get stuck for horrifically long - not like the tower fights. But I did every tutorial in one session, and never had an issue with inputs. Any problems I had were fixed by better mimicking the timing of the demo presses. By contrast, there were tutorial strings on Injustice 2 (and I think MKX) that I never successfully pulled off.

I get that the default NE: on setting means the input registers on button-release rather than button-press, but how does that translate to requiring less precision in the real world and/or making it more difficult to input combo strings?

For me I kept getting stuff like back-left 1 coming out instead of back-left 4 if I tried to combo too quickly into a back-left 4 from a 1-1 combo.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
So.... if they're going to remove it, is it a good idea to get some Noob Saibot AI cheesing in asap?
Anything in particular to go for if you haven't yet unlocked any towers or....anything?

Where did you hear they are removing the AI? I think they added a difficulty selector to the towers I was doing one my game crashed and when I got back online it's letting me choose my difficulty for this tower when it didn't before.

Last edited:

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This right here. I played the game for 4 days now. Finished story mode, did some tutorial towers, visited the Krypt twice....i still don't know what the hell is going on half the time i'm in menu after menu, especially regarding augment, gears and character customization. There are a ton of currencies, items of varying kind, gear,that somehow levels up itself (do i level up, too or not? I have no idea), attack slots (that are tied to...what?)....it's a bit of a clusterfuck for me.

I2 was way clearer in that regard.
The aug slots have to have matching slots to fit in. But they're so dark that you have to get up close to your TV to even notice that.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So the next stage of character towers are

100 krushing blows

100 flawless victories

150 Fatal Blow

And some more that I forget but these

NRS you need to stop. Please hotfix/fix the requirements.

Completing the previous stage already took me over 14 hours.

That I had to put in to get the outro. This is mad.For ONE character. And just the last stage I am not counting the previous ones that also took several hours.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you even want an outro at that point, you've already played the character to death and beyond. I already didn't like the legendary gear stuff in Injustice 2 but this sounds like an even worse version of that. Tying intros and outros to that is garbage too.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So is there an ending to the krypt? If so it would be cool if the character you use ends up being someone important or something.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I haven't dived into the tower of time stuff, but I play all the Netherrealm games on either my 6 button arcade cabinet, or with an official MK arcade stick. It's annoying because they don't outright list the button macros (i.e. the move lists always say "press RT" instead of "press front + back kick") but thus far in every game I've played, they have SOME sort of hidden macro for every option in the game. I usually have to google that stuff though because, again, very annoyingly, they never list the button macros in any of their menus.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Rage quitting is getting worse the more I play.

Look. If you get hit by Sub Zero's forward 2 overhead knockdown four times in a row only to rage quit after, there's no hope for you.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always assumed sticks had, like, keyboard controls for their buttons... like you could assign a key via software like you can a mouse. Is this not how it works, does it need specific stick support?

I get the sticks themselves would, but the buttons I always assumed which I guess I'm wrong about.

Just curious.

On consoles, arcade sticks are just gamepads in different shapes. One of the buttons is A, one is B, one is X, one is Y, one is RB, one is LB. Problem is the official MK arcade stick only has 6 buttons, so not all the buttons on the gamepad are represented.

On PC, of course, thanks to steam, you can remap any controller, period, to any input, period. But you still are missing two buttons.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Kollector has a shop some of the rarest Krypt items are in it I got The Dark Raiden skin today and that's where burned Kabal is too. Kollector is in his shop from 4-6 krypt time and if you exit and renter it resets.

where is he in the krypt?

So the next stage of character towers are

100 krushing blows

100 flawless victories

150 Fatal Blow

And some more that I forget but these

NRS you need to stop. Please hotfix/fix the requirements.

Completing the previous stage already took me over 14 hours.

everything for the "player engagement" lol

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rage quitting is getting worse the more I play.

Look. If you get hit by Sub Zero's forward 2 overhead knockdown four times in a row only to rage quit after, there's no hope for you.

No joke, I love when people rage quit in fighting games. It's like a secret W for me. I know, I know, you miss out on the grinding shit. But nothing makes me happier knowing that I fucked someone up so badly that they outright quit the match, lol. I used to love when I'd do that shit with a particularly cheesy ending in DB Fighter Z (like winning via shenron with like 1 sliver of life remaining lol)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
On consoles, arcade sticks are just gamepads in different shapes. One of the buttons is A, one is B, one is X, one is Y, one is RB, one is LB. Problem is the official MK arcade stick only has 6 buttons, so not all the buttons on the gamepad are represented.

On PC, of course, thanks to steam, you can remap any controller, period, to any input, period. But you still are missing two buttons.
Ah yeh, that sucks then. Especially the official one. Seems like a pretty big oversight.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you even want an outro at that point, you've already played the character to death and beyond. I already didn't like the legendary gear stuff in Injustice 2 but this sounds like an even worse version of that. Tying intros and outros to that is garbage too.

Because they picked the green fart for Johnny's default outro and I absolutely can't stand it.

At least now I have the perfect "Fandemonium" that looks great and fits him.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yeh, that sucks then. Especially the official one. Seems like a pretty big oversight.

Like I said above, there are actually macros for things in the game, they just never seem to list them anywhere. So like, the "augment" button on the gamepad is RT, that's actually a macro for front kick + back kick. So on the arcade stick, to do a desperation move or whatever they're called, you press this:

y9TnBl2.jpg

I would assume there is a macro for "bind" but the problem is the game doesn't list any of the macros! I always have to google for shit shit. I vaaaaaastly prefer to play fighting games with a stick, especially the MK stick since it's the unique setup they've used since the first MK game.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, didn't know that when you used a tower key you only have an hour to beat that tower.

The combo tutorial with Geras seems broken. Even the Demo can't do it, LOL

Edit: I completed it anyway

There's quite a few situations like that. I know for the Kollector's first one you have to cancel out of his mace with down twice instead of dashing.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they speed up Sub Zero's ice ball. Why is it so slow? Kitana's blades come out immediately.
balance.
LMAO Erron Black has a taunt called "High Noon"
well, he is a cowboy
I haven't dived into the tower of time stuff, but I play all the Netherrealm games on either my 6 button arcade cabinet, or with an official MK arcade stick. It's annoying because they don't outright list the button macros (i.e. the move lists always say "press RT" instead of "press front + back kick") but thus far in every game I've played, they have SOME sort of hidden macro for every option in the game. I usually have to google that stuff though because, again, very annoyingly, they never list the button macros in any of their menus.
yeh off the top of my head: interact = both punch buttons, flip stance = both kicks, throw = 1 + 3, fatal blow = 3+4+block

I think I've given up using a stick for this though.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Killer Instinct does this as well, all buttons beyond the 6 main ones are just macros.
I think most fg do this. Dbfz, soulcalibur, Street fighter. MK11's default layout works really well in that regard but that block button is a bit too awkward for me. I might have to change it completely but I'm not sure if I'll bother. I'm doing ok using a controller (but it takes the fun out of it...)

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think most fg do this. Dbfz, soulcalibur, Street fighter. MK11's default layout works really well in that regard but that block button is a bit too awkward for me. I might have to change it completely but I'm not sure if I'll bother. I'm doing ok using a controller (but it takes the fun out of it...)

On my standard 6-button layout on my arcade cab, I moved block down to the bottom row and it tends to work better for me than on the top row. My thumb is normally available to hit it down there, where it's less available on the top row.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How are you supposed to deal with the spiders in the Krypt? they just one shot me. No amount of cheating is helping me at the moment.

Why are people rage quitting Kasual matches? I've had a few already lol.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How are you supposed to deal with the spiders in the Krypt? they just one shot me. No amount of cheating is helping me at the moment.

I just hit them with the hammer before they shoot the fire, you should have enough time to swing

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I do appreciate the reply, thank you. I thought that just absorbed the projectile? Unless the meter burn version reflects.
It is normally an absorb but when you have Dragon Fire activated (db3), it turns the projectile absorb into a reflect. It also gives you access to his teleport moves so its basically a "fuck your zoning" move.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017

Are you really surprised people rage quit casual matches? People get blown, they get salty, they quit. Casuals, ranked, koth, they are all equally pointless, online mode isn't a tournament.

I'm sure a few people here quit the game entirely playing some of the towers lmao.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
What ones are you struggling with? Some of them, like perfect block into counter, have incredibly strict timing.

Passed the Blocking ones. For some reason I'm stuck on this Projectile one.

The one where you play Raiden. <- -> Square, <-<-, <--> Square. For some reason whenever I do the second attack after back dashing, it's not letting me pass. I was even watching the demo and seeing if my timing was correct. Man, I got so frustrated that I gave up for the night.