• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Wish I could get some new intros and victories, they seem really hard to come by, haven't got one yet.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how far I've come when it comes to fighting games. Just a few years ago I never would have imagined winning one in ten matches in one, let alone having a positive W/L record, but here I am.

This genre can be so daunting when you first start tryign to get good and it can seem like it'll never click, but those experiences really pay off.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Thought the group fights in IJ2 were really fun. Surprised they haven't been pushing them. Wasn't there also a guild function in that with rewards? Is that coming for MK11?

Guild was awesome. Hope something like...maybe Klan makes its way in and it works like IJ2's Guild system.

They aren't lowering the cost of chests in the Krypt so I dont know why you would hold off on spending it and exploring the Krypt.

I mean, you can get an item that lowers the costs of chests for a minute. I went through 1.5m koins in the krypt today and got so much stuff.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Another 100k and nothing to show for it I did get another classic Sonya though which is great except Rhonda makes me never wanna play Sonya.

Right? I think that might be the worst thing about the game for me, since they're fixing the towers. I wish Rousey was the voice of, like, Kano. Or someone else I despise and will never use.

But I'd like to use Sonya.

Speaking of voices, I really miss Ashley Birch Cassie. Her voice wouldn't fit the new design, and the new VA is on point, but I loved how subdued and deadpan MK X Cassie was. Also, why'd she go from having rad fashionable hair to a basic Sonyatail? Cassie's fashion sense was the true casualty of Raiden's time-fucking.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, 80k chest in Krypt was for a Key Item. Was worried it was gonna be some icon lol

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
There are many issues with this game yet it's maybe my favourite game in ages. It's just so much fun, and all of my favourite characters are awesome in MK11. I don't even know who I main anymore, I'm juggling Liu, Jade, Kollector and Kitana, but I also like Kung Lao and Sub Zero. And while I really hate the grinding, I am getting skins for my characters without spending a cent.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've never really liked Liu in the past, but he's legit cool in this game. He has a personality and everything.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
There are many issues with this game yet it's maybe my favourite game in ages. It's just so much fun, and all of my favourite characters are awesome in MK11. I don't even know who I main anymore, I'm juggling Liu, Jade, Kollector and Kitana, but I also like Kung Lao and Sub Zero. And while I really hate the grinding, I am getting skins for my characters without spending a cent.

Game really has the potential to be something truly special.

Once they work out custom variations for all modes and fix the awful single player grind, on top of some balancing issues here and there, this is going to be incredible.

Just hope they can at least fix the big issues early so that the negativity around the game can drop and we can move on to a brighter future.

Worst case scenario game is gonna have a second chance once they drop trailers for the guests :p .

It just makes me sad that the talented team put out such an incredible game but clearly didn't have enough time to polish the "least important" part of it that ended up tarnishing the whole picture.

There's also a very nasty "oh we need to find the next Fallout / Anthem" vibe going on with a lot of misinformation regarding microtransactions and what not.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Right? I think that might be the worst thing about the game for me, since they're fixing the towers. I wish Rousey was the voice of, like, Kano. Or someone else I despise and will never use.

But I'd like to use Sonya.

Speaking of voices, I really miss Ashley Birch Cassie. Her voice wouldn't fit the new design, and the new VA is on point, but I loved how subdued and deadpan MK X Cassie was. Also, why'd she go from having rad fashionable hair to a basic Sonyatail? Cassie's fashion sense was the true casualty of Raiden's time-fucking.

I always end up playing the entire cast in MK and Injustice and I do like Sonya from the sega days but no way I'm using Sonya because of her and I think Sonya looks really strong in this one.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God lawd online is going swimmingly well for me tonight. Mileena still rules (T_T through her sister). Except for fucking Kabals lol.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever f'ing genius thought it would be a good idea to have a tower that has 12 boss fights in a row (IE they get crazy modifiers at half health) AND make it so it it was an endurance tower (IE your health doesn't come back) needs to be smacked.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I could get some new intros and victories, they seem really hard to come by, haven't got one yet.

They are in the summoned character towers.

75 fatalities, 75 brutalities, 25 000 blood spilled, 100 krushing blows. etc...

And some are in the red Shaoh Kanh chests in the krypt, we don't have all the chests yet but you can check out reddit to see if there are some you want.

Whatever f'ing genius thought it would be a good idea to have a tower that has 12 boss fights in a row (IE they get crazy modifiers at half health) AND make it so it it was an endurance tower (IE your health doesn't come back) needs to be smacked.

It seems obvious they are procedurally generated and they were supposed to be manually touched up but something went awfully wrong.

Let's just wait for the patch at this point it's just busted.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Krypt spoiler:

Ran into
Reptile
just now. Was pretty cool!

He appears at the Table around 04:00 Krypt time. Or you find his koin that keeps him there. I think it is in a chest.

Damn, is that the only time? Used my only Koin to summon him and I only had one thing to trade from his measly selection. So annoying since I found so many other items for trade.

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Damn, is that the only time? Used my only Koin to summon him and I only had one thing to trade from his measly selection. So annoying since I found so many other items for trade.

Unsure. I am about to go back into the Krypt and see if he is there for me at any other time. I do know that the items you need for him are mostly in hidden chests you use the blindfold for.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
They are in the summoned character towers.

75 fatalities, 75 brutalities, 25 000 blood spilled, 100 krushing blows. etc...

And some are in the red Shaoh Kanh chests in the krypt, we don't have all the chests yet but you can check out reddit to see if there are some you want.

It seems obvious they are procedurally generated and they were supposed to be manually touched up but something went awfully wrong.

Let's just wait for the patch at this point it's just busted.

I never thought about them being ProcedGen. You are probably right. And all that time talking about hand crafting the towers dude spent in that game informer interview is so annoying.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to go ahead and finally play the story on PC. Just got booted out of a cutscene because of a server problem. My god is this for real?

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Alright so my Krypt time is 09:51 and Kollector isn't there. But I did just find one of his trade items in a hidden chest in the courtyard.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
They should add an option that change the character screen portrait to the skin of your first custom character.

I want young Sonya and to remove all the revenants >.<

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Annnnnnnnd I got Kabal'd! AGAIN! Fuck his bullshit blades dammit! Throwing that shit from all angles. Grrrr!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Anyone else that's played the story, did the framerate completely tank during

The big rewind sequence in Chapter 12?

wookieeofdoom

Oct 27, 2017
It really legitimately bums me out that NRS did themselves in with this game. I honestly think it would've been one of the best reviewed fighting games but instead of celebrating its release, most of the conversation is taken up by the krypt and ToT. It just sucks. But NRS has no one to blame but themselves. Well...maybe Warner Bros..

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I wanna grind out the towers but dang the extra effects do a ton of damage and the hp values are still uninteresting levels of high. Super enjoying the story mode and figuring out how some of these characters work.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
It's complete and utter garbage you can use a rare resource to summon a tower to which you have NO chance of winning unless you have the counter for. I summoned the heart tower and holy hell. No way can you beat that thing without the thing that voids blood damage. Of course I don't have that. Didn't know I would need it. So that thing is wasted, and the 250 hearts for clearing the tower is forever gone. So damned annoying.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Switch version look as blurry as some of the videos show or does it appear better running on an the actual TV/Switch screen? Are youtube captures not really representative to what this version actually looks like?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
It really legitimately bums me out that NRS did themselves in with this game. I honestly think it would've been one of the best reviewed fighting games but instead of celebrating its release, most of the conversation is taken up by the krypt and ToT. It just sucks. But NRS has no one to blame but themselves. Well...maybe Warner Bros..

I think when Max compared this to BF2, he wasn't wrong. People were excited for the core game but all the grindy shit is the main conversation. Unlike BF2, at least we got a great story campaign outta it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to go ahead and finally play the story on PC. Just got booted out of a cutscene because of a server problem. My god is this for real?

That's strange because on day1 there were tons of server issues and I could play story mode just fine.

I think when Max compared this to BF2, he wasn't wrong. People were excited for the core game but all the grindy shit is the main conversation. Unlike BF2, at least we got a great story campaign outta it.

That's different.

BF2 offered abilities that affected the gameplay directly, as well as locking characters out. It was effectively pay 2 win and you couldn't even play your favorite characters.

MK11 offers literally all its moves, characters etc... right off the bat.

So it's a lot easier for MK11 to fix itself than it was for BF2.

Also BF2 was all about you buying loot boxes. There's basically nothing to buy in mk11 since it's like 4 items per day that rotate and there are over a 1000 to unlock in the game lol ... at that rate you're not getting shit...

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Have people shared this yet? It's insane.
9s7ws7lcdju21.jpg

Have to get a flawless victory on a stage with constant poison. Even with the anti-poison consumable that's insane

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else that's played the story, did the framerate completely tank during

The big rewind sequence in Chapter 12?
If it's what I'm thinking of, it was an artistic choice.

Unpopular opinion I know, but shoot, I kinda like it. If I unlocked everything in the first 20 hours, things may feel stale. I like the idea of jumping online and finding an opponent wearing a costume I've never seen. It might have helped if they went even further not let you see all the different skins/masks/etc you don't have. That might help them serve as unique surprises instead of something specific to grind for. Or maybe they should have not included many at all to start, and kept tossing them in with every patch.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
If it's what I'm thinking of, it was an artistic choice.

Unpopular opinion I know, but shoot, I kinda like it. If I unlocked everything in the first 20 hours, things may feel stale. I like the idea of jumping online and finding an opponent wearing a costume I've never seen. It might have helped if they went even further not let you see all the different skins/masks/etc you don't have. That might help them serve as unique surprises instead of something specific to grind for. Or maybe they should have not included many at all to start, and kept tossing them in with every patch.
What makes you think they're not already doing that?

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they speed up Sub Zero's ice ball. Why is it so slow? Kitana's blades come out immediately.