• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to use konsumables when using a fight stick? Just realized I haven't used any so far lol.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's already gone. You also needed at least 45 minutes to an hour to use AI with zoning parameters dialed in (e.g., Cetrion, Skarlet) and some luck to cheese it out of the game.

I've had a tower boot me out after completing 3 out of 4 of them, because the timer for it ran out. And if you have internet issues, your progress mid-tower isn't saved, just if you completed the previous one(s).

There is a Scorpion tower on PC right now that only has the modifier of calling in Scorpion as an assist. I guess different platforms have different towers?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
About to pull the trigger on this but just two quick questions before I do:

1. Is the premium edition worth getting over the standard version? Just gives you access to DLC characters when they're released?

2. On PC, is it possible to play local versus? Got two Xbox One gamepads lying around and would love to play with the missus.

Cheers!
1. I'd say it's worth it. It gives you access to the first 6 DLC characters a week early along with some exclusive skins and gear. Keep in mind Shao Kahn was a pre-order bonus so you'd need to purchase him separately.

2. Not sure.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying the story so far. It's cool to see everyone back and their reactions to everything that's happened, especially Shao Kahn. Fatal Blows seems to be inconsistent though. I keep hitting RT+LT like it says to but most of the time it doesn't work. I haven't looked at the move list so I'm probably missing something.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
There is a Scorpion tower on PC right now that only has the modifier of calling in Scorpion as an assist. I guess different platforms have different towers?

There were 2 Scorpion towers at the same time. The easier one with the Scorpion assist, and the WTF one with the burning modifier.

Amazingly, the easier to actually complete tower had the lengthier timer attached to it instead of the reverse, where you had to haul ass before it expired.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There were 2 Scorpion towers at the same time. The easier one with the Scorpion assist, and the WTF one with the burning modifier.

Amazingly, the easier to actually complete tower had the lengthier timer attached to it instead of the reverse, where you had to haul ass before it expired.

Ah I guess I missed the other one then. The assist one is still up I believe

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
That's what's baffling about the design. Like I could understand this tower difficulty design if they sold consumables or you could directly buy any of the cosmetics you wanted. It would be shady, but it would at least make sense.

You can't do either of those things though, so it seems like this level of difficulty was just what someone on the design team thought would be fun.
I genuinely think that the team in charge of the towers looked at MKX and Injustice 2 and thought those modes were successes (early reviews talked them up as areas with a huge amount of single player content, talked about the promise of constant updates to them, etc.), and thought they were iterating on them in a meaningful way. I think it was misdirected, but I think that was the truth. "Instead of random modifiers, let's give the player agency and have them be able to choose and deploy their own modifiers! It'll be like a mini RPG-lite game." Killer Instinct patched in a similar mode a couple of years ago, and I'd argue, it was actually way better done, even if it lacked the NRS polish. And then they spent so much time crafting different modifiers and consumables to populate the game's chests with that they didn't spend enough time actually playtesting if they were fun and balanced or adding the parts that made it feel like anything but artificially making the game...different.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying the story so far. It's cool to see everyone back and their reactions to everything that's happened, especially Shao Kahn. Fatal Blows seems to be inconsistent though. I keep hitting RT+LT like it says to but most of the time it doesn't work. I haven't looked at the move list so I'm probably missing something.
Remember, if you whiff it, you have to wait for it to come back. And you can only land one once per match. After that, it's gone.

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
The sub zero towers are complete bullshit. You get frozen so quickly just for being near people. And the tower with 4 fights the enemies have so much health. I thought they fixed this garbage!? What the fuck am I supposed to do to beat this. I haven't even stumbled across the consumable to counter act it either. I'm so pissed because Sub is one of my mains and no way I'm beating this in 40 minutes.

Tiamat

Nov 16, 2017
AI is a really good help for the towers of time.
Love this, it's avoiding me some frustration.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Download and install "Autohotkey". Right-click on desktop and create new script. Right-click that script and open with notepad. Paste this:

#IfWinActive, Mortal Kombat 11
Loop
{
ControlSend,,{Enter down}, Mortal Kombat 11
sleep 10
ControlSend,,{Enter up}, Mortal Kombat 11
sleep 1000
ControlSend,,{K down}, Mortal Kombat 11
sleep 10
ControlSend,,{K up}, Mortal Kombat 11
sleep 1000
}
return
Capslock::
Suspend
Pause,,1
return

Save it. Double click the script to run (once you've selected your tower, character and enabled A.I. control). You will have to minimize and pause the script once your A.I. dies as this just automates pressing enter inbetween fights (and leveling up) in a Tower. I run Endless Tower, it gets to about 30+ with that Noob Saibot A.I posted somewhere in this thread, at which point the script will start the tower run again as Scorpion (it's still automated afterall) as non-AI and it won't get anywhere. There is probably a way to automate selection of a character/A.I. after your A.I. dies, but I don't remember advanced use of "Autohotkey" tbh.
yeah we did something like this for IJ2. Havent bothered with grinding in this game but wont a Turbo button controller work for tower grinding? Thats what people did in IJ2

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Set your Skarlet AI up for zoning and let her do the work for you. Mine beat him on the second attempt without any consumables. It's definitely bullshit. Any developer that thought this was fun was completely high. The consumable to counter this is really rare. You basically have to use a zoner for these bullshit towers.

What are her stats?

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
That's what i'm trying to do but it's not working. My AI zoner Kitana can't beat him either.

I beat it with AI Skarlet at the end with 30 Zoning/30 Runaway. I used her tournament preset "Blood Drive". The last boss for me was Jacqui.

Cetrion and Jade with the same AI settings might also work, though in comparing Skarlet vs Cetrion, Skarlet seems to clear a little faster as she's more spammy with the projectiles.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone here know if there is Legacy stick support for the PS4 version? It's the only thing holding me back on just buying the PS4 version as the PC version looks like it still has issues.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i really can´t understand why they didn´t do a quick time event with the fatal blows...let the receiving player press a button when the blows hit for a little bit reduced damage, sort of like doing perfect blocks.

this way it would have been much more engaging instead of "oh, fatal blow, gotta watch it and can´t do a thing about it"

They did do this. Theres just no on screen prompt. If you time your hits on your own fatal blows, you also increase the damage.

Youll see a skull and shield icon pop up when you do it correctly.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance theres a move list online somewhere? Like I cant see a move list when im not fighting in king of the hill. Thats trash

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
What's this Discord thing when you go online on the pc version?

"Include players from Discord during matchmaking"

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They either didn't touch that back tower platform on purpose, or they can't without a patch, because it definitely didn't get the health nerfs/bullshit decrease that the others got. Every time that platform refreshes, it's more insanity.

I know people get angry when you say this game feels rushed, but everything about the towers feels like it came in hot at the last second. They didn't show it at all pre-release, none of it feels play-tested, and none of it even works in tandem with their shitty monetization methods.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
They either didn't touch that back tower platform on purpose, or they can't without a patch, because it definitely didn't get the health nerfs/bullshit decrease that the others got. Every time that platform refreshes, it's more insanity.

I know people get angry when you say this game feels rushed, but everything about the towers feels like it came in hot at the last second. They didn't show it at all pre-release, none of it feels play-tested, and none of it even works in tandem with their shitty monetization methods.

It might've just all been numbers/estimates based on X/XL, Injustice 1 and 2.

I would assume this patch coming will smooth it out a lot.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say, as a person who is bad at fighting games and doesn't play them often, MK11 has the best tutorial section for any fighting game I have played.

It really does, but I'm still bad. Or maybe I'm just old. My biggest problem is being able to input moves fast enough for combos. Do sticks help with this?

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
It really does, but I'm still bad. Or maybe I'm just old. My biggest problem is being able to input moves fast enough for combos. Do sticks help with this?

Turn off release check/negative edge when playing on a pad. IIRC, you might want it on if playing on a joystick.

On the stock PS4 controller, I was able to complete all of the tutorials, including the known glitchy ones, after doing that.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
This tower with the Ermac assist on all CPU opponents is crazy. it does so much damned damage. No way that thing has been nerfed yet.

EDIT: SOB this sub zero fight with reptile shooting acid balls every 5 seconds AND the ermac assist is straight up Horse Shit.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There have been many Switch and PS4/XboxOne/PC graphical comparisons, and the Switch performed quite well in comparison, especially considering it is portable and considerably weaker, but so far no one mentioned the extreme graphical hit of the Krypt on Switch:

It looks like textures permanently didn't load, there is no background anymore, no moonlight, everything is dark and foggy.

As a comparison, this his how the Krypt looks on PS4:

40664077693_9ced5c1b16_o.png

46714921355_ef25629e4c_o.png

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Am I the only one who's not at all interested in the towers of time and/or the krypt? I've never tried either, and currently have no idea what soul fragments or hearts are even for lol. I'm just here to play online.

I guess I'm lucky that my main got a nice outfit just from the tutorial.
Kinda in the same boat, did story, now arcade runs, then practice/lab, then online Marches.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
By the way, if you get disconnected you can just wait a bit and the game will reconnect. I've been restarting the game every time that happened since I got it, but it seemed to reconnected itself after waiting a bit just now.

(On PS4 btw).

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not touching the Krypt until it gets 100% fully figured out and someone puts together the cheapest way to get all the fixed items. I know playing it blind now is gonna just irritate me.
I'll check the towers if there's a particular outfit or brutality I'm interested in, and maybe try it. None of that out of it being fun to do so.

This stuff is so needlessly convoluted and demanding just to get a handful of cool gear for the characters I want to play.

Would it have killed them to at least have one color of each of the costume variations available from the start?
They could still put the color variations elsewhere.

They should also have saved any random placement boxes for the fluff like arts and icons, and put more fixed boxes with content people want.

Something so simple as play any mode and get coins, go to Krypt to the spots you want to open those chests with those coins, repeat. It worked just fine in MKX, and they could still sell their $20 unlock option (which felt wholly unforced, but there if you wanted). At least that didn't feel so manipulative.

Any time a developer has content that has some option of pay vs grind, it opens up a pandora's box of issues.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Is it possible to use konsumables when using a fight stick? Just realized I haven't used any so far lol.
Depends. My stick has a switch that changes the joystick from D-Pad, L-Stick, or R-Stick. It's still derpy to go back and forth quickly, but it's doable. If your stick doesn't have that, you might be screwed. I'm probably gonna open a ticket with WB and see what they say.

Also, I just tried going into the Krypt while playing on a stick and...L...O...L. They didn't give a fuck about stick users at all.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I frowned for 32 seconds straight

There is nothing wrong with that fight ....

You're obviously not supposed to stay near him.

With Skarlet use forward 2 3 it's god like and has insane reach.

Then poke with back 4 and back 2. And don't forget her zoning and tentacle!

I'm not touching the Krypt until it gets 100% fully figured out and someone puts together the cheapest way to get all the fixed items. I know playing it blind now is gonna just irritate me.
I'll check the towers if there's a particular outfit or brutality I'm interested in, and maybe try it. None of that out of it being fun to do so.

This stuff is so needlessly convoluted and demanding just to get a handful of cool gear for the characters I want to play.

Would it have killed them to at least have one color of each of the costume variations available from the start?
They could still put the color variations elsewhere.

They should also have saved any random placement boxes for the fluff like arts and icons, and put more fixed boxes with content people want.

Something so simple as play any mode and get coins, go to Krypt to the spots you want to open those chests with those coins, repeat. It worked just fine in MKX, and they could still sell their $20 unlock option (which felt wholly unforced, but there if you wanted). At least that didn't feel so manipulative.

Any time a developer has content that has some option of pay vs grind, it opens up a pandora's box of issues.

I had ignored it entirely and went in yesterday with 750 000 koins and a map from reddit to get the chests I wanted.

Not gonna lie that was a lot of fun like that ..... Waiting for the two final Johnny chests to go back.