• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no.

D5BbtUOXkAMMpxz.jpg:large

They can get fucked. They treat PC like absolute dog shit.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
So is there a way to use konsumables using an arcade stick?

I just went through the Towers of Time tutorials and didn't use any due to being mapped to the RS.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Frost is pretty fun I fought some dude with 70 wins and 30 losses and I beat him and then he switched to Kano and tbagged me the entire time.
I have yet to play people yet but I am liking what I am seeing in training mode.
What are the problems on PC?
  1. Game crashes at different location and times. I've noticed it crashes when loading character models in the customize screen.
  2. Not updated patch so characters play different than ps4/xboxone version
  3. can't select presets on controller or keyboard, (despite there being an option for controller and keyboard) have to use mouse.
  4. locked 30fps on intros, entire krypt, fatalities, fatal blow's, main menu (yes the main menu is 30fps. it looks weird), and anything not concerning gameplay
  5. some controllers and fightsticks not working for the game.
  6. TAA ant-aliasing issue's
  7. more to come

Last edited:

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What are the problems on PC?
It's running on an earlier build of the game, so there are some minor technical issues. But it also doesn't look as good as the console versions. Shaders are worse, TAA is broken.

But more importantly, PC players and Switch players haven't gotten the server side changes to framerate data that the other consoles got. We're basically playing different games.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Noob is my favorite AI to watch for sure. As far as playing I really enjoy Kabal and Liu Kang right now. Really want to get into Erron but I'm just not feeling him right now.
Erron feels so bad to me as well, I might need to try him again. I'm going to try Cetrion because I need a zoning character, I've been messing around with Shao Kahn a lot.
I don't think he's an easy character, but he's definitely good. If you're looking for high level inspiration, check out SonicFox mopping up at last night's Team Spooky tournament (the first streamed MK11 tourney with some decent competition with the game being out long enough for people to know what they are doing).

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's running on an earlier build of the game, so there are some minor technical issues. But it also doesn't look as good as the console versions. Shaders are worse, TAA is broken.

But more importantly, PC players and Switch players haven't gotten the server side changes to framerate data that the other consoles got. We're basically playing different games.
Errr what. This definitely isn't true.

AdversaryOne

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
D'Vorah isn't clicking with me as much as the previous game :(

I'll still give her a shot but she feels so limiting so far.
She also got nerfed with the day one patch. Even a pro MK player who always mains her, named Honey Bee dropped her. I also wanted to main her but wasn't really jiving with her as much as I had hoped. I play Nash in SFV, so that nerf is a warning sign of a frustrating road ahead.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Spent 50,000 koins in the Naknadan shrine and the trophy didn't pop...

... until 20 minutes later. Phew.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I guess that's up to opinion. I guess you can run it at 8K or whatever, but blood on fatalities looks unfinished. Body and facial hair are disturbing in TAA.
Yeah turn TAA off for definite but I've tried both 4k and 1440p and the game looks phenomenal. Hair looks good for me too, especially on Kano.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
I'm not sure if you can, but there's a pick lock item that works on chests of any size (I had two, they unlocked chests for free). Not sure if it counts for souls too. Otherwise, yeah...I wish I hadn't spent all of my souls already. Those things don't come quickly.

Got 2 lock picks from a normal chest, it doesn't work with soul stuff.
2 free Shao Kahn chests, yey.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Apparently the PS4 hotfix only works if your system is online.

Been reading reports today from day-1 tournaments that had their consoles reverted to pre-patch frame data.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
She also got nerfed with the day one patch. Even a pro MK player who always mains her, named Honey Bee dropped her. I also wanted to main her but wasn't really jiving with her as much as I had hoped. I play Nash in SFV, so that nerf is a warning sign of a frustrating road ahead.
They did our girl dirty in this game.

I guess I'll continue to main Skarlet, but I really want to get into at least another two characters to play regularly.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
I hate this game's down triangle man. Jacqui's reach with it is so shitty it gets beaten every time lmao. Everyone has better reaches than her! I wanna throw my controller when I "Miss" my hit but they hit me with theirs 😡😡

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Erron Black needs a 'That's All Folks' fatality because every time I see that dude he reminds me of a Looney Tunes character

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Holy shit, saw the Boon Wired video and thought Shang Tsung sounded exactly like the movie actor and realized he looked like him too.

So awesome to find out it really IS him.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who's not at all interested in the towers of time and/or the krypt? I've never tried either, and currently have no idea what soul fragments or hearts are even for lol. I'm just here to play online.

I guess I'm lucky that my main got a nice outfit just from the tutorial.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
"You're a wanted man, Erron Black"
"Ooo then bring me in, babydoll"

Ed Boon says Cage is the funniest MK character, but he is so wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Am I the only one who's not at all interested in the towers of time and/or the krypt? I've never tried either, and currently have no idea what soul fragments or hearts are even for lol. I'm just here to play online.

I guess I'm lucky that my main got a nice outfit just from the tutorial.
No-that's the major complaint with the game. Most vocal critics are not just of the grind but of how the Towers and Krypt are the least fun ways to play the game.