• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I spent 2000 souls to raise the bridge over The Pit and I lost my headband, so...I guess I'm done with the Krypt.

Pretty sure that's not intentional

Edit: I'm dumb, I forgot you needed to spend souls to use the headband

Last edited:

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
So what are the chances the krypt becomes 60 fps on pc? 30 fps makes me feel uneasy because it's so choppy. I can play 30 fps games on ps4 with no issues but for some reason the krypt makes me feel ill.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
That's not what the hotfix does. The hotfix dramatically adjusts character frame data. The Switch and PC versions don't have it yet.

The Towers were adjusted server side to be "easier" but people still hate them. Max plays on PS4.

I must have misinterpreted what I heard on the stream, but I thought they mentioned things like the projectile changes and the health changes in the tower to already be deployed whereas economy changes weren't going live until an actual patch.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I must have misinterpreted what I heard on the stream, but I thought they mentioned things like the projectile changes and the health changes in the tower to already be deployed whereas economy changes weren't going live until an actual patch.
Yes, that first change has already happened. It's server side, so it wasn't part of an actual patch/hotfix. They can adjust things on the fly at the studio because the ToT are network based. They've been implementing server side changes since MK9.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
They may have only adjusted whatever Towers are in the queue for rotation. The Jacqui + Cassie Towers are static and do not expire like all the others.

Oct 29, 2017
Like mk9 and MKX, there are player matches and ranked matches correct? And only in ranked matches you cant use customization?

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, that first change has already happened. It's server side, so it wasn't part of an actual patch/hotfix. They can adjust things on the fly at the studio because the ToT are network based. They've been implementing server side changes since MK9.

The frame data changes are livetuning variables as well, they don't need to deploy client changes for those. That's why I don't think the PC/Switch have the Towers changes either. All four platforms are still on v1.02 in terms of patch deployment.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I am somehow loving this. I haven't been a huge fan since MK2, but I LOOOOVED 1 and 2. 3 lost me and I never got back into it. I did buy 10 but I played it for like 30 minutes, though my kids loved it (My kids have loved MK vs. DC and Injustice 2, too. I guess they're big NRS fans!). This is totally working for me. I was at work today gushing to one of my staff about Noob Saibot because he bought it too and we're sitting there, two grown-ass older fellas, talking about Mortal Kombat like a couple of 12 year olds.

I just really can't wrap my head around how they made Noob into such a badass when last I knew he was just another dumbass palette-swapped ninja! I haven't even touched the story mode yet and am just diggin' the tower system. This is great. I just wish they'd remove the "always online" requirement and just let the game sync with the servers when you got online. That really kinda sucks and deters me from taking my Switch to work or out and about and having to sync up my phone or something.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason cassies singularity isnt unlocking after beating her tutorial, shes the only character giving me this issue and its annoying

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
The frame data changes are livetuning variables as well, they don't need to deploy client changes for those. That's why I don't think the PC/Switch have the Towers changes either. All four platforms are still on v1.02 in terms of patch deployment.
Yeah, hotfixes don't typically change the version number despite being additional downloads, but fwiw the Xbox version is at 1.03 according to someone on TYM. I think they have to be client changes because of the professional scene. I'm currently asking the guy who posted all of the patch details on Twitter if it was a client side patch, so I'll get some answers on it soon.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, hotfixes don't typically change the version number despite being additional downloads, but fwiw the Xbox version is at 1.03 according to someone on TYM. I think they have to be client changes because of the professional scene. I'm currently asking the guy who posted all of the patch details on Twitter if it was a client side patch, so I'll get some answers on it soon.

Yeah I wondered what the hell they were going to do about offline stuff, I just have not seen any client download reported and I know they definitely have the ability to do those kind of changes in vars.

Just feels like a re-run of MKX where this is going to quickly become "not their problem" since they refuse to do this shit in-house and now they can't do clean updates. Especially now that they have two off-site platforms instead of just one.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I wondered what the hell they were going to do about offline stuff, I just have not seen any client download reported and I know they definitely have the ability to do those kind of changes in vars.

Just feels like a re-run of MKX where this is going to quickly become "not their problem" since they refuse to do this shit in-house and now they can't do clean updates. Especially now that they have two off-site platforms instead of just one.

He said it was server side. ='[

krlitros87

Oct 28, 2017
First time I bought a non-Nintendo game at launch and I'm really disappointed. So much of having the switch version on par with the PS4/ONE crap.
I felt that in handheld mode the game looks worse than in several videos posted :/

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I am terrible at this with a fight stick. Muscle memory defaults to holding back to block rather than a button. Switched to the xbox controller and improved 100%. Weird.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Are the Timed Towers different on Switch? Couldn't find the Sub-Zero fight. The center one is called "Gauntlet" and they all kick my ass, especially the one with the Briggs family, lol.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
This reads like one of my Mum's text with all the emojis lol.
I am terrible at this with a fight stick. Muscle memory defaults to holding back to block rather than a button. Switched to the xbox controller and improved 100%. Weird.
I find MK has always felt better with a pad, the way the control input system is designed makes it feel really awkward to me with a stick. That's how I've always felt anyway.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
That is a baffling choice. I didnt even know that since I havent messed with the game too long, but out of all the variations they offer not one has her without the mask? Thats a really silly omission

Nevermind! I just unlocked a maskless gear! Probably didn't notice it while looking through her gear variations. My bad.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

The character specific towers as well as the summon and some other towers got the health change but the assists are still cursed.

Still the same 4 seconds cooldown garbage that pops up whenever you land a hit on them.

Not to mention the "do 75 brutalities" with one character requirement to stop the grind when the brutalities you have are often GARBAGE and near impossible to land in a real fight.

Johnny's awful brutality can only be done when he has the awful camera flash ability equipped to make things worse. You lose two slots because of it too.

This is insane.

BTW Osu16Bit, if you happen to read this, still wondering what the hell the awful sunglasses throw move is for, cause it's certainly not the obscene krushing blow (triggers if that move is the first hit in the whole match lol) that makes it acceptable.

I actually really like the acid fatality
It's the right combo of mean and expedient

I think it's because in MKX when these kind of stuff happened you saw the face half melted but here you don't so it feels a bit cheap.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Ah nice, didn't realise they would still include classic fatalities through use of the brutalities. Just did Kitana's classic kiss of death.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This final story mode boss is so aggravating holy shit.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Game is 10/10. i am mad hyped for Spawn Fujin Sindel and Nightwolf.

Trash likr Joker, Sheeva , Terminator is just urgh...

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Ah nice, didn't realise they would still include classic fatalities through use of the brutalities. Just did Kitana's classic kiss of death.

Brutalities actually feel like Classic MK1 and 2 Finishers, being that they are quick and straight to the point, unlike the cinematic flair that the actual MK11 Fatalities are comprised of.

To be honest I wouldn't mind if we could trigger the Brutalities during the end of round opponent dizzy state, rather than being a conditional final hit in the last round.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

NRS fighters are the only ones I don't use my stick for. Not that it isn't possible, it's just that they almost always have some sort of mechanic that makes more sense to my pad muscle memory.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Brutalities actually feel like Classic MK1 and 2 Finishers, being that they are quick and straight to the point, unlike the cinematic flair that the actual MK11 Fatalities are comprised of.

To be honest I wouldn't mind if we could trigger the Brutalities during the end of round opponent dizzy state, rather than being a conditional final hit in the last round.
Yeah I've always sort of preferred them since MKX. Nice, quick and also nostalgic.

Also, damn, getting real lucky in the Krypt at the moment, getting skins, gear and brutalities in almost all the chest I've opened so far.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay.... finally beat it.
Holy shit.... they can they can literally do ANYTHING for the next game and I'm so fucking fascinated where the series is going next because what the fuck was that last 30 minutes. They literally just took an eraser to the entire franchises story.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Game is 10/10. i am mad hyped for Spawn Fujin Sindel and Nightwolf.

Trash likr Joker, Sheeva , Terminator is just urgh...

It would be 10/10 with another progression system and fun towers.

Currently it barely passes 3/10 because of the frustration that comes with it. I barely even want to play anymore.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
This is my first MK ever after being a SF player for life, SUPER impressed with the netcode (PC) I was playing Kitana and I had no idea what I was doing, just carried my fundamentals and spacing from SF and won a few matches, overall it was fun as hell.

Are there any guides for people coming from SF like me?