• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Can you do AI loadouts and send them into battles in the towers like you could in Injustice 2?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
If you just want to fight people online then you are going to have a great time. Not had this fun with a fighting game online in a while.
Yeah this is annoying, I would like to know if you can reconnect without having to exit the game the first.

Thank you so much. I'm more of a Smash bros and SF3/ SFV kinda player but SF games get way too intimidating online for a casual. Looking for something more accessible like Smash. Sounds like MK will do that :)

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
If its Best Buy you got your order from. They having issues. It's supposed to come through email.

Many others as well as myself in this thread haven't gotten the code. Supposedly they will be sending it out over the next 24-48 hours.
Thanks. I found a thread on their forums about it where they insist that all codes have gone out and are advising people to read a sticky post about gaming codes and proceed as needed.

I remember not getting one of the codes for Dragon Ball FighterZ for a good two weeks after I got the game. By that point I had already unlocked one of the two things it would have unlocked immediately.

Unfortunately, Kahn isn't a free unlock. :(

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand frame data in this game
codJuri.jpg

+9 on hit and 7f startup? I should be able to link First Take infinitly as long as I don't get pushbacked (which I'm not if anything the move is pushing me forward) yet I can't do a single 2 hits combo by linking two First Take at all. Also the cancel advantage being 10 and hit advantage being 9 makes no sense to me. Canceling cuts the active frames past the one you cancelled and all the recovery. It should be 9 + 13 = 24
Its really nothing like Street Fighter. Links arent really a thing. The name of the game is finding a couple of far reaching pokes that can punish whiffs and then using safe, cancellable strings that go into a mixup.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
To anyone who got it physically on Switch, is the Shao Kahn unlock in the game case?

I almost hit up a midnight last night to get a copy out of impatience, but I was expecting the code to be sent via email or something.

EDIT: I got mine through BBY and just saw the reply above my post. That sucks. It's like Dragon Ball FighterZ again.

Best Buy doesn't know how to properly sent out digital codes on time. For example the MK11 Beta pre-order folks were supposed to get, Didn't even go out until the last day of the beta. Don't ever rely on Best Buy getting a pre-order digital code sent out in a reasonable time frame.

Whatever system they are using to generate codes is not working, and the support forums are doing fuck all to actually resolve this either.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
When they eventually release a Complete Edition, will that be compatible with previous versions in terms of online play, and do they usually offer an "upgrade" option to previous owner?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Playing this yesterday, I've really noticed how ass the Xbox One controller is for fighting games.
The d pad just doesn't feel very good.

Might need to invest in a pad after all

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else started story on PC yet?
I have two bugs, the first one is the chapter title card (1. Next of Kin) won't disappear on the bottom right corner.
The second bug is when I pause and unpause part of the UI is left on the screen with a black background and you can't see the cinematic, it's still going though because I can hear it.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Playing this yesterday, I've really noticed how ass the Xbox One controller is for fighting games.
The d pad just doesn't feel very good.

Might need to invest in a pad after all

Yeah, even the extra pad with the Elite isn't great. I noticed today trying to go through the tutorials that they really weren't good for the game.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I find it really hard to get the block timing down. I'm so used to holding back that blocking feels totally unnatural to me. I hope this is just a matter of time.

Either that it the Towers of Time AI is incredibly good at using evry frame advantage they can get. I am honestly not sure as I have a hard time judging the block timing.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
This game is getting review bombed hard on MC. I was fine with it until I saw it wasn't just about the monetization but also about Jax's ending.

*sigh*

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't really answer my question though frame data is a universal concept.
I mean youre asking about how first take doesnt infinitely chain? Well I answered it above. Its not like SF where a move with a faster startup than how plus you are will result in a 2 hit combo.

Single hit moves in MK are just that. They dont allow for continued freestyle chaining of single hits.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Any news on if that "ASAP" patch or however they are fixing this is already out? I'm waiting to play more of the Krypt and Towers of Time until they fixed them.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice how in the living towers you not only get awarded garbage amounts of koins and other items at random but you also have to deal with damage reduction on all of your moves while your opponents all get buffs on theirs including the environmental nonsense. Outside of using the consumables, One Fatal Blow doing 50+% of your life is ridiculous. The patch to hopefully fix this can't come soon enough.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I mean youre asking about how first take doesnt infinitely chain? Well I answered it above. Its not like SF where a move with a faster startup than how plus you are will result in a 2 hit combo.

Single hit moves in MK are just that. They dont allow for continued freestyle chaining of single hits.

You mean not like every other fighter in existence? Why you keep bringing SF. There's an intrinsic property to the hitboxes in MK that makes then invulnerable to non chained attacks that arent juggles while in hitstun? That's the only thing I can think of and that would be weird af. Also it doesn't explain the +9 on hit and +10 on cancel that makes zero sense.

Jtrov

Oct 25, 2017
Not been keeping up. Is there an official statement regarding changes to Towers they're making? I want to believe the mode can be good.

I look forward to seeing what changes they make as well, because the premise (much like in Injustice 2) should make for an awesome single player loop for new skins and gear. But with how it's currently constructed right now it's more frustrating to the point that I'm not even enjoying myself.

Never felt this frustrated in Injustice 2 this early on, but with MK11 I'm struggling trying to beat Jade's personal tower due to some of the most annoying modifiers. Trying to fight Noob with a Cyrax modifier, which seems to have no cool down, is some of the dumbest shit ever. Gave up since I am probably going to have to go back and fight some of these matches again anyway since you need 50 throws to unlock the final boss. Such a cool mode bogged down by some of the dumbest, infuriating, and most frustrating opinions.

Please let this patch be good.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The game seems to be a big hit and miss at the same time.

No.

Presentation, visuals, story, roster, gameplay, and netcode are an easy 9/10 and everybody agrees.

It just happens to be coming with the worst single player and cosmetic unlocks we have ever seen in a non mobile game.

It's not hit or miss it's more self sabotage but the core of the game ( the fighting ) is mind blowing.

Let's hope they fix this awful mess.

Fun fact the longer they wait the less they can fix it because the more people spend real money on the shitty store the less they can change things significantly.

It's a whole new shitstorm awaiting them if they change a whole economy after selling shit to people....

What they SHOULD have done is deactivate the store asap. Retune the whole economy. Relaunch it.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I look forward to seeing what changes they make as well, because the premise (much like in Injustice 2) should make for an awesome single player loop for new skins and gear. But with how it's currently constructed right now it's more frustrating to the point that I'm not even enjoying myself.

Never felt this frustrated in Injustice 2 this early on, but with MK11 I'm struggling trying to beat Jade's personal tower due to some of the most annoying modifiers. Trying to fight Noob with a Cyrax modifier, which seems to have no cool down, is some of the dumbest shit ever. Gave up since I am probably going to have to go back and fight some of these matches again anyway since you need 50 throws to unlock the final boss. Such a cool mode bogged down by some of the dumbest, infuriating, and most frustrating opinions.

Please let this patch be good.

you can farm the 50 throws and uppercuts in the klassic towers

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
You mean not like every other fighter in existence? Why you keep bringing SF. There's an intrinsic property to the hitboxes in MK that makes then invulnerable to non chained attacks that arent juggles while in hitstun? That's the only thing I can think of and that would be weird af.
I used Street Fighter because thats the most commonly referenced FG and well, look at your Avatar. And yeah that's how their games are. Youll get used to it. Stop looking at it like what links and look at plus/safe strings that are cancellable into specials. Single hits are strictly for poking and special canceling. Thats MK.

EDIT: Also the +9 on hit +10 on cancel doesnt matter much. Its for if the attack hits not if your normal is blocked and you still cancel.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Towers are definitely easier. Plus the first Tower Key is available if you beat the Johnny tower on the bottom left.
thonerayman

I will put up detailed breakdowns and videos soon

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, silly question...

Does MK11 have adjustable difficulty levels? I generally suck at fighting games, and have never bought a MK game before... but really tempted to check this one out. Just want to ensure I can have a good time with it, because I'm never going to get good at memorizing button combos.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
No.

Presentation, visuals, story, roster, gameplay, and netcode are an easy 9/10 and everybody agrees.

It just happens to be coming with the worst single player and cosmetic unlocks we have ever seen in a non mobile game.

It's not hit or miss it's more self sabotage but the core of the game ( the fighting ) is mind blowing.

Let's hope they fix this awful mess.

Fun fact the longer they wait the less they can fix it because the more people spend real money on the shitty store the less they can change things significantly.

It's a whole new shitstorm awaiting them if they change a whole economy after selling shit to people....
Sorry, but I expected a roster of at least 30. I mean, even Kof XIV has a crap ton of characters.
I do agree on everything else though, the game plays great and the net code is solid (and I'm playing it on the switch).

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished single player and had a blast, but I can't connect to any online services making krypt and towers inaccessible. That's a bummer.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I used Street Fighter because thats the most commonly referenced FG and well, look at your Avatar. And yeah that's how their games are. Youll get used to it. Stop looking at it like what links and look at plus/safe strings that are cancellable into specials. Single hits are strictly for poking and special canceling. Thats MK.

I'm trying to understand the tools they give us (frame data), stop with the "it's just mk man" it doesn't help in understanding how it works at all.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, looking at the store, I'm not even sure that there's much to buy there that would really affect anything - you can buy time crystals so that you can spend them on the rotating skin shop, but that's about it.

Given the game seems to have had a weird development cycle, I wouldn't be shocked if they lost focus of the Towers of Time and didn't realise how fucked up the balancing was.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just finished single player and had a blast, but I can't connect to any online services making krypt and towers inaccessible. That's a bummer.

Seems if you suffer a disconnect somewhere along the way, you have to actually completely quit the game and restart it in order to get reconnected. Dunno if you tried that yet.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Sorry, silly question...

Does MK11 have adjustable difficulty levels? I generally suck at fighting games, and have never bought a MK game before... but really tempted to check this one out. Just want to ensure I can have a good time with it, because I'm never going to get good at memorizing button combos.
Not sure about Towers of Time but the story mode and offline AI fights offer difficulty options. I'm like 70% sure that the Klassic Towers offer them too.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
There are still moments where someone screams or shouts when you walk past certain areas, but nothing like before where something jumps on the screen, from what I've explored so far anyway. Also, yeah there are areas with giant spiders.
There are jump scares but they're not as cheap as the previous games. Much better executed.
Well that sucks, about the giant spiders anyway. Seems the jump scares aren't as annoying at least.